JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My biggest one is revolvers chambered in semi-auto calibers. I mean what is the freakin' reason for that nonsense? Why would you saddle a revolver with an inferior semi-auto round. Semi-auto rounds are too compromised to make the grips fit into a persons hand.

Double stack pistols - The grip profile never really seems to fit my hand, so I don't even try anymore.

AK-47 and SKS's - Not saying they aren't out there, but I have never fired one that would group decently. Or one with out a "mushy" trigger.

Aiming devices that require batteries

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

My biggest one is revolvers chambered in semi-auto calibers. I mean what is the freakin' reason for that nonsense?
If it is ONLY semi auto calibers I think it is dumb. Ruger came out with a Vaquero, might have been the Blackhawk, or both, that had the 38/357 cylinder but came with an extra 9mm cylinder. Super cheap plinking ammo for that WHEELGUN :s0114:
Why would you saddle a revolver with an inferior semi-auto round. Semi-auto rounds are too compromised to make the grips fit into a persons hand.
Desert Eagle and Glock (20/29) fixed that problem. No more wussy 44mag out of a revolver, giant semi auto here they come.

I have a few.

Ridiculous little kid words from video games or movies. "shotty", "deuce deuce", "heater", "trey eight" and the like.
The zombie stuff is a little more than annoying.
Gold.
XD's(just because they don't work for me. If they work for you, fine.)
Folks that don't understand that a German made Weatherby or any Sauer is the finest of production rifles possibly ever made.
I dislike locks on S&W revolvers, but they still seem to shoot pretty darn good.
Holding the gun sideways, because you recently viewed a gangster movie.
Defending the holding of the sideways gun by stating that it somehow reduces recoil.
.25acp
The 5.7 after it was emasculated.
"Chainsaw" 12ga. shotguns

To each their own. My .45's, .357's, .308's, .243's, Ruger's, S&W revolvers and .22lr and WMR keep me quite happy. I hope you all are happy with your guns. Kip.

Ok so, I can't really explain why I feel this way about certain guns, but I just do. Here are a few things that really bother me about certain firearms:

1. Shotguns that ARE'NT pump action. Side by sides/over and unders/single shots are fine, but I just don't like semi-automatic shotguns. Sure, they may perform better in various tasks than a pump, but I just think pump actions are cooler.

2. SAA style revolvers that ARE'NT chambered for .45 LC. Also, 1911's NOT chambered in .45 ACP.

3. AR style rifles that ARE'NT chambered for 5.56. Sure, the new 6.8 and various other new wildcat (and I use the term loosely) cartridges outperform the ole' five five sixer, but it just bugs me when an AR isn't chambered in 5.56. Don't even get me started on ARs chambered in .308 (7.62x51).

4. Handguns with lasers. They just seem like an excuse not to use irons.

5. Excessively tricked out ARs. Especially when excessively tricked out with a lot of crap bought from Cheaper Than Dirt. Or having a hunting scope mounted on an AR carbine length rifle. Its not a sniper rifle and you are not Jackson from Saving Private Ryan.

6. The .17 HMR. A few years ago, me and two buddies were squirrel hunting in eastern Oregon. Myself and my one buddy both had Ruger 10/22s and my other buddy had a Remington something or other chambered in .17 hmr. He didn't bag any squirrels that trip. Why? Because the first shot caused the rifle to blow up in his face. Use a .22 LR for Pete's sake.

7. Springfield XD's. I've known plenty of dorks that couldn't shoot to save their life that have bought them because they were the latest, coolest thing. Ugh, buy a Glock for God's sake.

8. The .45 GAP. The .45 ACP has been killin' bad guys for better than a hundred years, and the good people at Glock think they can...Improve it? Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, but not the GAP. Matter of fact, I don't like "flavor of the month" cartridges in general.

9. MAGPUL MOE furniture. Seems like everyone is "dressing up" their AR with this. Here is my insight: Its not that cool, its plastic just like the original furniture, and you've just spent 75 bucks on it!

Anyways, all of the above are merely my opinion so feel free to respond or pm me death threats. Deuces!

You do not like an AR that is chambered in the original cartridge that the platform was designed for?

Shame on Magpul for making comfortable, durable, and light parts! How dare they!

You are claiming a .17 HMR blew up your friends Remington...a projectile the size of a pellet rifle blew up your friends Remington. Sure, why not.

You do not like the .45 GAP because the .45 Auto is proven and reliable? What sidearm do you carry? I sure hope it is not a Glock.

How can you have a problem with people purchasing an XD?

How can you not enjoy a SAA chambered in 44.40? That is just rediculous. I guess all those SAA's chambered in .22 LR are junk for plinking too. At least they are not chambered in .17 HMR, they might blow up!

Auto loading shotguns are bad too? I guess if you do not like more rounds on target.

You have some odd prejudices.

My biggest one is revolvers chambered in semi-auto calibers. I mean what is the freakin' reason for that nonsense? Why would you saddle a revolver with an inferior semi-auto round. Semi-auto rounds are too compromised to make the grips fit into a persons hand.

The 1917 was chambered in .45 Auto because there was a shortage of 1911s in the trenches. Smith had the idea of moon clips. Looks like both have stood up to the test of time.

You are claiming a .17 HMR blew up your friends Remington...a projectile the size of a pellet rifle blew up your friends Remington. Sure, why not.
Actually the 597 had issues, like most other semi 17 rim fire, and were known to cause kabooms. Tearing apart the magazine, blowing the extractor out and flinging schrapnel out. It was not a Remington issue. The bottleneck and blowback action don't mix well.
But disliking a cartridge because it failed in an action known to have issues is dumb.

Sent from my iPhone, haters to the left.

#1 For some reason I hated the XD at first sight. I thought "Wow, what a glock ripoff with a bunch of extra crap you don't need." My hatred grew when my best friend bought one and I looked at the internals. Too bad they didn't make them as simple as a glock. Imitation is the finest form of....well....not as good as the original for the case of the XD.

#2 I also hate Kel-Tec. This is for two reasons. The guns I have held feel cheap, but what should I expect for the price. The other thing that pisses me off about Kel-Tec is that every time they come out with a product I am excited about it is never available anywhere. Examples are the PMR-30 handgun in .22 WMR, the KSG Shotgun, and the RFB bullpup in .308. Do any of these guns really exist? I'll believe it when I see one in stock or see a person in possession of one.

#3 Desert Eagle in .50AE. I shot one. It was sloppy, prematurely worn out, and unreliable. I thought to myself, "who would spend this kind of money for a gimick like this?" Any experienced gun enthusiast will tell you if you want a big bang hand cannon a magnum revolver is the only way to go. Anyone remember the Wildey? What ever happened to the 44 auto mag or the .475?

#4 Smith and Wesson M&P series (along with several other semi autos). I'm not going to rant, but please S&W please stick to making revolvers and 1911s. Your auto pistols suck.

#5 H&K. I love your guns but hate the price. A polimer pistol should not cost $1100. I purchased an HK45 in 2008 for $1049. I loved it, but the parts were poorly coated revealing a copper colored metal from underneath the coating. There were also chatter marks from the end mill on the chamber end of the barrel. Not the kind of quality I'd expect for the coin.

#6 Cheap 1911s. Enough said.

#7 Tactical .22s especially those outfitted with every accessory the idiot owner could pick from his cheaper than dirt catalogue. I take one look and think "Really....Why" you could of bought a 10/22 turned it into a reliable tack driver and had enough left over to buy a MkIII to go with it. I remember when I was young and dumb (and I'm only 33).

Actually the 597 had issues, like most other semi 17 rim fire, and were known to cause kabooms. Tearing apart the magazine, blowing the extractor out and flinging schrapnel out. It was not a Remington issue. The bottleneck and blowback action don't mix well.
But disliking a cartridge because it failed in an action known to have issues is dumb.

Sent from my iPhone, haters to the left.

Admittedly, my personal experience with the .17 HMR is limited. I still do not see how disliking a cartridge over a known issue as you have pointed out is reasonable.

#3 Desert Eagle in .50AE. I shot one. It was sloppy, prematurely worn out, and unreliable. I thought to myself, "who would spend this kind of money for a gimick like this?" Any experienced gun enthusiast will tell you if you want a big bang hand cannon a magnum revolver is the only way to go. Anyone remember the Wildey? What ever happened to the 44 auto mag or the .475?

My Survivor in .475 Wildey Mag gets shot, though infrequently. Ammo is spendy. Wildey Guns

elsie

The problem with the Wildey in both 44 Auto Mag and .475 is that at $3-8 per round, it is absurdly expensive. That doesn't mean that they aren't really cool, though. I remember Charles Bronson saying something along the lines of "It'll be alright once my friend Wildey shows up".

I forgot fake suppressors. On my "dislike" list, really only a few qualify as legitimate "hate". Fake suppressors fall into the "hate" category. Kip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top