JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On the other hand, they hold more rounds than the .45ACP and they poke a bigger hole than the 9mm. Maybe that's the reason.

That is my reason. Take a Glock 19 vs 23. Exact same size and a difference of 2 rounds capacity. The 23 has much more stopping power and a 40 in general has a lot more force than a 45. The law enforcement agencies did not go to 40 because it was a worthless round they did so because of 9 not having nearly as much stopping power on a cracked out mofo as a 40. My M&P 40 holds 15. I have 2 and one is for sale if you like that idea just look at my add but my keeper with tritium sights and a rail light is the best bedside gun I have ever had. More than 1k through that one and never has it failed to fire perfectly in any way...other than of course failed to hit my target due to me being no expert marksman by any means. The M&P 9 full size holds 17. It is a preference and before it is written I will go ahead and agree it is about shot placement and I carry a .380 often due to agreeing with that but I do love the power of my 40cal pistols and the much higher capacity than a 45 and barely less than a 9 with a shell a 9mm with fit inside.

That is my reason. Take a Glock 19 vs 23. Exact same size and a difference of 2 rounds capacity. The 23 has much more stopping power and a 40 in general has a lot more force than a 45. The law enforcement agencies did not go to 40 because it was a worthless round they did so because of 9 not having nearly as much stopping power on a cracked out mofo as a 40. My M&P 40 holds 15. I have 2 and one is for sale if you like that idea just look at my add but my keeper with tritium sights and a rail light is the best bedside gun I have ever had. More than 1k through that one and never has it failed to fire perfectly in any way...other than of course failed to hit my target due to me being no expert marksman by any means. The M&P 9 full size holds 17. It is a preference and before it is written I will go ahead and agree it is about shot placement and I carry a .380 often due to agreeing with that but I do love the power of my 40cal pistols and the much higher capacity than a 45 and barely less than a 9 with a shell a 9mm with fit inside.

My duty weapon was a Smith and Wesson 4013 Tactical. I still have it, there are so many reasons I like it from safety to ease of care to the caliber itself. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but you know what they say about opinions!

I absolutely hate AK's.

For no reason whatsoever.

I guess I've always been a nerd, like modern architecture, computers and space flight. I was born in 1969 and Then I was 10 or so an AR was just the cool new space ray gun or something. AK's are for old people.

It's silly. :)

My duty weapon was a Smith and Wesson 4013 Tactical. I still have it, there are so many reasons I like it from safety to ease of care to the caliber itself. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but you know what they say about opinions!

Funny, I did not think many people cared so much for this one. My Uncle was a cop for 25 years and that was his weapon for the last 15. That a great pistol and if I had cash in hand and one popped up in my shop I would get it if for no other reason it being one of the first guns I learned to shoot with and how much I wanted one just like it back then...still do. I have no problem with a .380, 9, 40, 45, or even a .357 which one of my personal favorites. So long as you know how to use your gun it is an effective tool. I prefer the 23 not only because of the reasons I gave but also because it becomes a 19 for the 150 dollar investment I spent on a 19 barrel and 2 mags for cheaper target practice. I carry it in its original intended 40 cal though and find it to be a awesome shooting gun...and until a couple years back I hated Glocks because of how they look. Just cannot deny the reliability and as I consider my guns to be tools I would not care if a Hammer was not as visually appealing so long as it got the job done as well as the more expensive pretty one next to it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top