JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Striker fired semi autos especially the ones that claim to be DOA and are not

This one is on my list too. Light DOA, striker fired, Kahr's cam thing, new Smiths, new Rugers, XD, etc...
If the trigger has to have a safety on it to keep it from going off when dropped I won't buy it.

7. Springfield XD's. I've known plenty of dorks that couldn't shoot to save their life that have bought them because they were the latest, coolest thing. Ugh, buy a Glock for God's sake.
Yikes! I guess this makes me a dork.
I own a Springfield XD, sub compact in .40 caliber. I once owned a Glock, same size & caliber, but it just did not fit my hand. They may work for you, but you shouldn't assume they will for everyone. I bought the Glock because at the time they were new in the .40 caliber format, popular and "cool."

After selling the Glock, I broke with my tradition and actually compared different pistols in the striker fired platform. After my search, I settled on the XD because it fit my hand, had the features I wanted, shoots well with an excellent reputation and the price was right. I'm not putting down Glox, they are just not right for me.

As to my prejudices, for most of my life it was Smith & Wesson, or nothing. Needless to say, I have evolved and now I'm more focused on reliability and features. In addition to my several Smiths, I also own the previously stated Springfield, and a couple of Taurus (or is it Tauri?).

I'm not one who is into the whole "tacti-cool" thing. I own a well stocked stable of handguns, shotguns and rifles, but of the more "plain Jane" variety. The closest thing I have to "tacti-cool" is an AR-15. It is custom built for me, but still no more tacti-cool than any other. The whole platform is military, so that's just the way they come.

I think the whole zombie thing is silly and don't "get it", but I tend to be an old curmudgeon anyway.

Arms035.jpg

Yikes! I guess this makes me a dork.
I own a Springfield XD, sub compact in .40 caliber. I once owned a Glock, same size & caliber, but it just did not fit my hand. They may work for you, but you shouldn't assume they will for everyone. I bought the Glock because at the time they were new in the .40 caliber format, popular and "cool."

After selling the Glock, I broke with my tradition and actually compared different pistols in the striker fired platform. After my search, I settled on the XD because it fit my hand, had the features I wanted, shoots well with an excellent reputation and the price was right. I'm not putting down Glox, they are just not right for me.

Hey Pioneer, the dork comment was "aimed" at people I have worked with in the past doing armed security that have no business being around firearms and who bought XD's.
Its a preference thing on my part and I hope nobody thinks I'm knocking them for their preferences.

:Saiga rifles and shotguns that aren't "converted"
It looks wrong, it feels wrong, they come with a Rube Goldberg trigger, and they shouldn't even have to be this way, if not for a short-sighted import regulation.

:The name of the XD (Xtreme Duty) line of handguns
It used to be the HS2000, but Springfield rebranded it to make it more kewl. In general, i hate seeing ex- abbreviated as X, and i think the word extreme belongs with the likes of radical, tubular, and other words spoken by snowboarder stereotypes and ninja turtles.

:16" bbl AR-15s with carbine-length forends (the way most AR-15s are made now)
This is really just a looks thing, but this one really bugs me. I would support this with arguments about how longer gas-systems and forends are better, but that's beside the point for me.

:Rails everywhere
Have you ever heard of a gun that can cut down a tree?

:Handguns that are meant to be carried cocked
...Even your beloved M1911. On the one hand, i don't like carrying with a cocked hammer, on the other, i think carrying with the safety on is risky. In short, Glocks are great, CZ-82s can go rust.

:Former submachineguns
This is a love-hate thing for me. I have things like the M31-SA and Sterling Sporter, which are both great guns in their own right. What i don't like is how Fetteral law imposes certain restrictions, and manufactures have to do some pretty goofy things to be in compliance. Either, you have to have no stock; or your have to have a conspicuously over-long barrel; or you can have a stock and a shorter barrel, but you have to pay the warlord $200 and register your gun with him.

:SKS stocks
On the original stock i find that the grip is too far back unless i'm wearing winter gloves and have a bee-sting on my right hand. There are various stocks that remedy this such as a Monte Carlo or Dragunov-style stocks, but they don't provide a bayonet slot—and i need a folded bayonet for looks, right? The only stock that satisfies both of these is the Tapco Intrafuse stock, but this gets you into 922r territory, and more importantly, it's so ugly, that if i ever came to own one, i fear it might find itself in a wood-chipper.

Guess I don't like to pass judgement on what anyone else likes to shoot. What I don't like are the people at the range that sit down behind me with their short barrel AR-15 or 300 Win Mag and start blasting away in my ear when there are lots of benches available elsewhere.

I'm kind of a Glock hater.....I try not to be prejudice against guns of all shapes and sizes but something about the glock and it's following has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Have you noticed how often Glock lovers refer to the model of their Glock when the word "gun" would have worked just as well. Case in point:
"I should have taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40, and just put ten bullets in your A**...." - Famous Cop in Canton Ohio

I grew up listening to people oogle Weatherby rifles.Every one I knew thought Weatherby guns were the best thing EVER!I will never own a Weatherby rifle.never ever.I think what put me over the edge,a few months ago this old rancher was at the shooting range sighting in his newly aquired german made weatherby rifle.He shot 15 rounds out of it as fast as he could,and thought the scope must be screwed up because he thought german Weatherby steel was so much better than all the other world steel,that it just couldnt be the barrel heating up that caused his groups to expand.Like german steel is internally air conditioned.He kept dissing on the Leupold scope saying"How could it be the gun,its a german made Weatherby?".

I really don't care for .22LR. I mean, it's like not shooting at all. Feels like a toy. 22WMR is Ok.

I hate muzzle brakes on small caliber rifles. Especially on a 22. Ridiculous!

I hate fake suppressors. What's the point of that?
Me: Hey nice gun! You got it suppressed!
Him: It's a fake suppressor.
Me: Why would you get that?
Him: Because it looks SO cool!
Me: At least it's not a 22.
Him: It is a 22.
Me: You should get a muzzle brake for it...

Have you noticed how often Glock lovers refer to the model of their Glock when the word "gun" would have worked just as well. Case in point:
"I should have taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40, and just put ten bullets in your A**...." - Famous Cop in Canton Ohio

I'm waiting for them to make a "Glock Fiddy" lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top