JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of the stuff from Egunner comes indirectly from Law Enforcement. Pics are terrible, but you get what they picture... Sometimes they pull things when they realize their mistakes, which are common. Now everybody knows about one of my favorite sites... ;-)

Nope

If it started as a handgun, you can convert it to a rifle and back to a handgun

Google United States vs Thompson Contender
Useless gun trivia time...

If you want to turn a rifle into the equivalent of a pistol in most states you can. The NFA classification of Weapon Made from a rifle can be done for a tax stamp . Since most states classify weapons based on their actual configuration you can have a state recognized pistol even if the feds call it a "weapon made from a rifle" . There arent too many times it makes sense . Some states like Washington use the federal classification of made or remade from a rifle and it wont work. . In the state I live in you could legally conceal a former rifle but you could not legally conceal a rifle. .

Nope

If it started as a handgun, you can convert it to a rifle and back to a handgun

Google United States vs Thompson Contender
You are correct but this firearm was never a handgun, it originally came from the factory as a rifle. Thus by definition, this is a NFA SBR and illegally converted in its current configuration.

You are correct but this firearm was never a handgun, it originally came from the factory as a rifle. Thus by definition, this is a NFA SBR and illegally converted in its current configuration.
No its not. Its over 26". Thats the cutoff for pistols. After that its just a firearm. No stock necessary.16" barrel AK's are 25.5" to the end of the receiver. The stock tang counts for length though so it come in over 26" OAL. Seriously. Not an SBR.

Its still an illegal machinegun though.

Last Edited:
I wasn't debating what the MAK 90 was, wasn't or is currently.

I simply disagreed with the "once a rifle, always a rifle" assertion. That is not true.

If any given firearm starts as a handgun, it can be converted to a rifle and be returned to the handgun conversion.

That was decided by the SCOTUS.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads