JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it's a bit sketchy that the majority of reviews for that seller are from a single other user, the majority of whose feedback is from that seller. Could just be a strong relationship between two local companies, but it seems odd. Also, pics don't strike me as being "of the actual item being sold". They look more like stock photos from the 80s, but could also just be poorly filtered.

What I see is a listing that is under the "handgun" category and this is NOT a handgun, it's a rifle. With no stock, this would be considered a NFA SBR. Also, pay attention to the rivet that is drilled just ahead of the rifle mag release...(3rd hole) It's for a auto sear so this would also be classified as a NFA machine gun and thus be contraband. I don't think they know what they have listed.....

Some years back, there was some Norinco's shipped into the states with the third hole drilled, but closed off with a blind rivet.
The ATF were real hot in tracking them all down and destroying them.

What I see is a listing that is under the "handgun" category and this is NOT a handgun, it's a rifle. With no stock, this would be considered a NFA SBR. Also, pay attention to the rivet that is drilled just ahead of the rifle mag release...(3rd hole) It's for a auto sear so this would also be classified as a NFA machine gun and thus be contraband. I don't think they know what they have listed.....
This is not a rifle. A rifle has a stock. This handgun clearly does not have a stock.

Once a rifle, always a rifle. This item IS NOT a handgun. I just feel bad for anyone buying this. They would be violating NFA and subject to 10 years in prison for possessing & 10 years for it not being registered in the NFRTR.

Last Edited:
They may not even have what they have listed. There are a few red flags there.

I think the distinction is whether it started out a rifle or not. IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong) you can convert a pistol to a rifle, but not a rifle to a pistol.
That is true but how would we or an FFL know whether this firearm started life as a rifle or a handgun? In it's current configuration it is a handgun since it doesn't have a stock.

That is true but how would we or an FFL know whether this firearm started life as a rifle or a handgun? In it's current configuration it is a handgun since it doesn't have a stock.
All of these Chinese Norinco AK/Mak 90 type firearms were imported from the early to mid 1980's until the AWB of 1994. Norinco never made AK handguns, they only made rifles so this firearm is a rifle - hence ATF's rule of once a long gun, always a long gun. The other clue is the tang protruding out where the stock should be mounted. Any competent FFL should catch this & would be surprised if they didn't. Also- Google is your best friend and most anything can be researched & I would encourage people to do that so you don't have an unexpected visit at your door from the ATF.

Last Edited:
Some years back, there was some Norinco's shipped into the states with the third hole drilled, but closed off with a blind rivet.
The ATF were real hot in tracking them all down and destroying them.
I remember that!!! 1993-94-time frame. We received a case of those when I worked at Three Bears in Vancouver. We noticed that blind rivet in about thirty seconds.

We had them about a week. Sold a few and then got a call from the distributor to send back what we still had. To my knowledge, no one ever came asking about the ones we had already sold.

There are probably still some of those rifles out in the wild in the hands of unknowing owners.

-E-

Ive seen those before. Its an illegal machinegun. Third hole but no auto sear. The ATF recalled them but didn't get all of them. . A bunch made it into the country and were one of the major reasons the administration at the time banned the import of Chinese AK's. Quite a few PSL's had the same probem but they didn't ban Romanian guns. And it has a Yugo grip. There is nothing that can be done to make it not a contraband machinegun.

FWIW as long as a gun was sold as a rifle and can still take the stock its a rifle. If it didn't have that tang on there it would be under 26" and then there would be a problem....other than the fact its legally a machinegun.

It's not a short barrel rifle or a handgun …since it doesn't have a bayonet lug it probably had the bubblegumty thumb hole 2x4 stock which they took off and just put the pistol grip on it…they wanted an under folder but couldn't figure out how to do that with a drimel and a screwdriver 😂

Idk how anyone can see details in that pic it's so grainy. Iirc e gunner is bud gun shop auction sight but I don't remember it seeming so sketchy

It's not a short barrel rifle or a handgun …since it doesn't have a bayonet lug it probably had the bubblegumty thumb hole 2x4 stock which they took off and just put the pistol grip on it…they wanted an under folder but couldn't figure out how to do that with a drimel and a screwdriver 😂

Idk how anyone can see details in that pic it's so grainy. Iirc e gunner is bud gun shop auction sight but I don't remember it seeming so sketchy
All you need to see is the 3rd hole. Sticks out like a sore thumb. That gun is contraband as F.

7958-000322 (2).jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads