JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi! You are a bubbleguming idiot for selling a GUN on classifieds. You have NO IDEA what they will use it for OR if they have any training. YOU ARE PUTTING GUNS IN THE HANDS OF THE WRONG PEOPLE. Although, considering you're selling it on Gorge Net the gun was never in the correct hands. I'm going to report you to the police, just giving you a heads up.

So you're saying there's a chance?

Her response and your reply remind me of a story I once heard.

There was this elk hunter who had just bagged a trophy bull. He was on his way home, with the head and antlers proudly visible in the bed of his truck. He stops for gas, and some city gal in a little sports car starts tearing into him.
"You're a monster! You murdered that poor, innocent animal! Now there's a momma elk out there mourning for her mate, and poor little baby elks who'll never see their daddy again!"

He held his composure and took the verbal abuse, waiting for a chance to respond. When she finally shut up, he carefully and reasonably explained to her how elk are not people. They do not mate for life, neither do they raise families. The bull elk roams around doing bull elk things, and come mating season he'll put the moves on a cow elk until he gets what he wants, then he'll move on to woo the next cow.

She stopped, looked at him, thought about it, looked at the elk, thought about it some more, then just said, "Sounds like my ex-husband. Glad you shot the bastard" as she walked away.

Her response and your reply remind me of a story I once heard.

There was this elk hunter who had just bagged a trophy bull. He was on his way home, with the head and antlers proudly visible in the bed of his truck. He stops for gas, and some city gal in a little sports car starts tearing into him.
"You're a monster! You murdered that poor, innocent animal! Now there's a momma elk out there mourning for her mate, and poor little baby elks who'll never see their daddy again!"

He held his composure and took the verbal abuse, waiting for a chance to respond. When she finally shut up, he carefully and reasonably explained to her how elk are not people. They do not mate for life, neither do they raise families. The bull elk roams around doing bull elk things, and come mating season he'll put the moves on a cow elk until he gets what he wants, then he'll move on to woo the next cow.

She stopped, looked at him, thought about it, looked at the elk, thought about it some more, then just said, "Sounds like my ex-husband. Glad you shot the bastard" as she walked away.
Just spewed my coffee across the room.

Just spewed my coffee across the room.
I end up doing that a lot while reading this board. You will, too. It's a risk we take by coming here...

Last Edited:
Thank Walt Disney for an anthropomorphic view of animals. People be stupid.

I don't blame Disney for people not knowing that cartoons are not reality. I blame people for not watching documentaries/etc. instead of cartoons, and that is the least of the problem.

OTOH - never in my life did I mistake what happened in cartoons with real life, especially with regards to animals. I guess that can be attributed to having grown up on a farm?

Last Edited:
Unfortunately b52s are not OTC, and it is generally considered assault and battery if you just randomly sedate people. Even if they earned it.
I was going to leave it up to the professionals...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads