JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know it sounds very 'un-governmental', but I'm wondering if the ATF is prioritizing Washington State applications.

A friend of mine in AZ had his (paid) SBR applications declined due to a 'cadence' issue and the ATF returned his $200.00 each payments.

I thought those were non-refundable . . . ????
I'm wondering as well, the other one I'm waiting on (AR9 braced) was submitted in February. I think it will go through regardless of the bill status, as I'm not manufacturing anything. The one just approved would be declined, for sure.

I hope someone at the ATF was feeling compassionate, make me feel like there is hope!

Shoot, you guys are getting approved?

Mine is still in limbo from January.

I sense a lot of people are going to get screwed over by king Jay with their form 1s here soon, including myself. Lord help us.
You never know. For form 1s already submitted, the amnesty rule applies to guns that already configured as an "sbr" (ie with pistol brace) prior to hb 1240 being passed. So they may consider them grandfathered. Hard to guess how atf will interpret it. Any submission after hb1240 that's a different story perhaps.

Then there is the possibility of Benitez ruling coming out right after hb1240 is signed. That would make a very strong case for the lawsuits asking for an injunction. And if it's enjoined it's not against state law so no reason for atf to deny it. But it's the atf so who knows. Trying to guess what they are going to do is darn near impossible I think.

Engraving my SBR while Inslee signs the bill

IMG_20230425_094339.jpg

Submitted 2 form1's on 1/23 mailed finger print cards on 1/30. Nothing yet...

***Guess we will see if any form 1's get approved for WA after Jackboot Jay signed his illegal ban.

Last Edited:
For folks who have done the electronic finger print thing thru printscan:

How does it work?

Meaning - can you re-use the same print file for several forms done at different times?

Or is the print file a single use thing?

For folks who have done the electronic finger print thing thru printscan:

How does it work?

Meaning - can you re-use the same print file for several forms done at different times?

Or is the print file a single use thing?
Yep one file for all submissions. You just attach the file each time you do a form 1. There is no expiration. There is a description in the how to do form 1 for pistol brace rule thread (also in post #9 in the thread below).

Also more info on page 10 of this how to thread (may be elsewhere in that thread also):

Last Edited:
Yep one file for all submissions. You just attach the file each time you do a form 1. There is no expiration. There is a description in the how to do form 1 for pistol brace rule thread (also in post #9 in the thread below).

Also more info on page 10 of this how to thread (may be elsewhere in that thread also):

Thanks!

Might have a chance to do the print scan while on a trip.

Otherwise no options locally.

No need to walk into a PrintScan outlet though. Just roll your own and email it to Proscan and they'll render it to BATF compliant EFT format. You get a copy and save for all future use.

Do you happen to have a link?

Garbage comes back when I search "proscan" and "proscan fingerprints"...
argh...mental fart: Head to National Guard Trust at https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/products/eft-fingerprint-file-service

Once you order the EFT service they will call you and (unnerving) ask and confirm personal info you would fill out on your FD258 fingerprint card. NGT call came within the hour after i placed my order

Next, NGT brokers and places an order which sets up an online appt for you with "PrintScan" (dot com). This was set up within mins and I recd email confirmation and instructions to send in an email with BMP attachment of the FD258.

After i sent the attachment Printscan email a reply within 24 hrs with instruction how to securely download the EFT.

once downloaded THAT IS YOUR ONLY .EFT COPY so make back up(s). It will only be held on their cloud for a limited time

The EFT will be the attachment you use whenever you file using eForms. You will never need to roll prints again unless you Form1 or Form4 using paper application process instead of eForms

there are other gun services which help broker EFT service and may even be $10 cheaper. i chose NGT based on higher visibility and reviews from reading various gun forums)
(sorry for bad typo earlier).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany