JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cutting the barrel off or making a can? Otherwise I'd be curious to hear why you chose to pay VS just stating it had a brace on it?
I didn't buy the lower until recently, so she's starting from scratch. I'm not convinced there's not any gotchas with the amnesty program, so I'm ok with the $205 peace of mind.

I just got my approval for my EPC-9. Submitted on Eforms (Form 1) 2/8/23. Approved 4/11/23. On my birthday no less!

So I'd say they are not waiting to see what happens with HB1240

Submitted an e-Form 1 January 23rd. I have never had any delays or problems with NFA stamps or background checks. Normally e Form 1's take 12-40 days for me. As of April 10th this Form 1 is still in process. It might remain a pistol, sans stock, if the ATF begins denying everything after 1240 is signed.

Submitted 3 E form1s on 28 Feb, and still nothing at this point. Probably going to get hosed like many others if the BS 1240 law gets signed Monday. My friend submitted his form 1 a day before me and got his approval last Monday. Inconsistent at best...
I think y'all can "withdraw"/void your submissions and then just destroy/sell the braces and put pistol buffer tubes or something, if it's getting to the point where it's likely the HB1240 passes and y'all havent gotten approved?

I think y'all can "withdraw"/void your submissions and then just destroy/sell the braces and put pistol buffer tubes or something, if it's getting to the point where it's likely the HB1240 passes and y'all havent gotten approved?
Why worry about that? HB1240 doesn't stop you from owning them, just making more or importing or selling. If you already have them, their still yours, whether they are pistols or SBR's or rifles.

Why worry about that? HB1240 doesn't stop you from owning them, just making more or importing or selling. If you already have them, their still yours, whether they are pistols or SBR's or rifles.
Right, just saying that the eforms are for "making" and I don't see where in the bill does it say that items currently being "made" will be grandfathered (SBRs waiting on approval) or not.

Right, just saying that the eforms are for "making" and I don't see where in the bill does it say that items currently being "made" will be grandfathered (SBRs waiting on approval) or not.
You missed the part about having the serial number and person making it. Part of the SBR process putting that information on it. Also, as a manufactured lower, it's not "undetectable" per their definition.

Got some love from the ATF this morning; application #2 (S&W, Mk18 Mod0) approved. Submitted 1/30/23, Approved 4/19/23.

Still waiting on Application #1; a 7.5" 300Blk

After the 8 month wait for my can, this was almost anticlimactic . . . almost.

Last Edited:
I know it sounds very 'un-governmental', but I'm wondering if the ATF is prioritizing Washington State applications.

A friend of mine in AZ had his (paid) SBR applications declined due to a 'cadence' issue and the ATF returned his $200.00 each payments.

I thought those were non-refundable . . . ????

I know it sounds very 'un-governmental', but I'm wondering if the ATF is prioritizing Washington State applications.

A friend of mine in AZ had his (paid) SBR applications declined due to a 'cadence' issue and the ATF returned his $200.00 each payments.

I thought those were non-refundable . . . ????
Not only are they refundable up to 2 years ( if you dont build the form 1 item ) if you screw it up ( or they do ) they refund the $200

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews