JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is when the ATF tells you it is. You have to engrave because screwed up and changed your model name. The caliber could go on the barrel and usually does. That's a non issue
I didnt change the model name.

I pointed out that my model name is that of a stripped lower, not of a pistol model. Because Anderson didnt make the pistol, I did.

I could certainly be wrong, but I think the engraving amnesty only applies to weapons that were factory built because that factory was the maker, which makes the city correct. But my pistol became a pistol in Seattle.

I didnt change the model name.

I pointed out that my model name is that of a stripped lower, not of a pistol model. Because Anderson didnt make the pistol, I did.

I could certainly be wrong, but I think the engraving amnesty only applies to weapons that were factory built because that factory was the maker, which makes the city correct. But my pistol became a pistol in Seattle.
Yes, you're wrong. You don't make the pistol. That's not how it works

A stripped lower receiver IS a firearm according to the ATF. You didn't "make" a firearm since you purchased a serialized firearm. If people want to make their own hoops to jump through, that's OK, but be aware that it does nothing but complicate matters when a serialized firearm now has two serial numbers.
"Firearm" means something different under the NFA.

You can still use the original serial number and model name. You adopt them to your build.

"Firearm" means something different under the NFA.

You can still use the original serial number and model name. You adopt them to your build.
Yes, you can. That's why for the purposes of the amnesty form 1 guns you do not need to engrave anything. The caliber is on the barrel , doesn't need to be on the lower. The fact you assembled the lower into a pistol is a nice tidbit of information but that's doesn't mean you are a 'maker' or a "manufacturer ". Those are legal terms with legal meanings.

Yes, you can. That's why for the purposes of the amnesty form 1 guns you do not need to engrave anything. The caliber is on the barrel , doesn't need to be on the lower. The fact you assembled the lower into a pistol is a nice tidbit of information but that's doesn't mean you are a 'maker' or a "manufacturer ". Those are legal terms with legal meanings.
So with a non-amnesty multi-cal lower, is the barrel caliber sufficient?

I've seen Colts marked 223 on the receiver and 5.56 on the barrel. On the form 1 you put what the actual caliber it is being built as no matter what the engraving on the lower says. If it says 300 BO on the barrel and 5.56 on the lower you put 300 BO on the form1

I've seen Colts marked 223 on the receiver and 5.56 on the barrel. On the form 1 you put what the actual caliber it is being built as no matter what the engraving on the lower says. If it says 300 BO on the barrel and 5.56 on the lower you put 300 BO on the form1
That's what I was thinking.

Yup
That's why my Amnesty Form 1 SBR has 6.5 Grendel as the caliber, that's what's on the 12" barrel and what it's chambered for. I did not engrave, it was not needed because I was able to adopt the markings on the lower and the barrel caliber. The model name in the drop down is AM-15 under Anderson Manufacturing and Hebron, KY.

And my SBR has been approved and registered since March 15th of this year.. :rolleyes: if somehow I made a goof, they wouldn't have approved mine :s0140:
I always like see people citing case law of folks who have been prosecuted for failing to engrave their makers marks even when it is required by law, which it isn't in the case of the amnesty guns. One citation in 90 years would suffice. One?

I always like see people citing case law of folks who have been prosecuted for failing to engrave their makers marks even when it is required by law, which it isn't in the case of the amnesty guns. One citation in 90 years would suffice. One?
I did the silencer shop form 1, but it mentions nothing in engraving the caliber. It actually says the barrel is sufficient.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top