JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Temporary M4 waffle stock, I am not a fan of it.

View attachment 1385012

Sure it resembles this one used by the IDF
View attachment 1385013

But this is the setup I really want...
View attachment 1385014
So, I ordered a Harrington & Richardson Retro polymer CAR-15 stock from Palmetto State Armory, just waiting for it to arrive in the mail whenever.edit. not sure why it doubled on a photo??? Oh well. Duplicate picture lolView attachment 1385011
Nice CAR-15. You are one XM177 flash hider away from building a pretty cool Vietnam SOG clone.

I think the waffle stock was part of the M4 program which came after the first Gulf War. Everything before that had the carbine stock. But I think Carbines were Special Ops only until the M4. Of course as equipment lingers in inventory for decades and different iterations are commingled so there is no real "clone" (or any wrong clone).

Anyway congrats on your Form 1 approval. I withdrew mine, decided to pin and weld.

Nice CAR-15. You are one XM177 flash hider away from building a pretty cool Vietnam SOG clone.

I think the waffle stock was part of the M4 program which came after the first Gulf War. Everything before that had the carbine stock. But I think Carbines were Special Ops only until the M4. Of course as equipment lingers in inventory for decades and different iterations are commingled so there is no real "clone" (or any wrong clone).

Anyway congrats on your Form 1 approval. I withdrew mine, decided to pin and weld.
The specific upper is a C7 "A1" upper, with the Brunton Bump (deflector), dust cover and forward assist with round button. This would be a 90s Model 733, 735 type as seen held by Val Kilmer in Heat. Believe the XM177 only ever had the M16A1 upper without the deflector and depending on the specific model, either a dust cover door or none (slick side), and both had teardrop forward assist buttons; and aluminum carbine stocks

Edit. I haven't found an XM177 flash hider for a 308 type thread, this barrel.is a 6.5 Grendel that's been customized with a pinned FSB

Last Edited:
Saw some dates on another forum. Looks like standard form 1 are taking around 20-25 days or so. 60 days for brace rule. I wonder if that 60 days will get longer as the pile they need to review gets bigger (the post 1/31 pile should be huge I would think). We'll see I guess.

FD833CDC-8710-42FF-A0AB-AF72AD7F3FDB.jpeg F553920D-51DB-49D3-8B3E-5CDBF2CB1DC3.jpeg 9483C339-153C-4CCA-8BD2-4FD4C66D70F0.jpeg

@CamoDeafie
How did you do fingerprints, was the Sheriff involved in any way, pictures needed, etc. etc.

Can you lay out all your steps (1-through whatever) on how you did the eForm ?
Sheriff was not involved at all beyond me using the Polk County Sheriff information publicly available. Fingerprints, I met up with a forum member here, you can order the specific fingerprint cards off Amazon and the ink pad. I simply followed one of the many tutorials for Eforms.

Step 1.
Register and make new account for Eforms

Step 2. Fill out needed information- when they ask for title, it's either maker or owner. If you're making a SBR, put down maker.

Step 3. Verify each box of info. Save and click next

Step 4. Upload photos of lower markings

Step 5. Verify everything and save and click next. You may need to go to Desktop Mode for this

Step 6. Do fingerprint cards, 2 sets (2 cards)

Step 7. Submit on eforms after going through each and every information box to verify (serial, model, details)

Once the eforms get submitted. You should get email whenever (expect a few hours to a few days depending on how messed up the systems are), then print the cover sheet attached to the email, this will be going with your fingerprint cards to be sent to to the ATF.

There are better tutorials on submitting Form 1s

Off on a slight tangent here; so the ATF says 120 days, does that mean 'calendar days', or 'regular work days' or 'work days excluding any holidays' (which is how they normally operate). Because I personally have not seen a specified date from them, though maybe I just missed that in the paperwork. Something to think about.

Off on a slight tangent here; so the ATF says 120 days, does that mean 'calendar days', or 'regular work days' or 'work days excluding any holidays' (which is how they normally operate). Because I personally have not seen a specified date from them, though maybe I just missed that in the paperwork. Something to think about.
Think Calendar days..edit. if they wanted to be specific, they could have published it as "120 business days excluding holidays"

Well, I know (from many years working for the gov'ment) that back when they said "90 days' for the efile Form 4's", they meant 90 work days, and when the gov'ment sez 'work days', that automatically excludes federal holidays AND some other holidays. Which, I presume all goes back to, you'll get it when you get it.

I think time frames for processing really have to be taken with a grain of salt. If you're one of the first in line.. obviously those are going to come out faster, but that doesn't mean that someone #50,000 in line is going to see their's processed as quickly as someone that was #1000 in line. It's the backlog that will determine the average processing times, not the first in line'ers.

IE., processing 5,000 a month... the first 5,000 will get theres pretty dang quick. The back 50,000+... at 5,000 a month... that's going to take more than a minute to even get theirs started, so trying to take a time measure from only those first being served seems to be a gross miscalculation on what "average processing times" will actually end up being.

Well, I know (from many years working for the gov'ment) that back when they said "90 days' for the efile Form 4's", they meant 90 work days, and when the gov'ment sez 'work days', that automatically excludes federal holidays AND some other holidays. Which, I presume all goes back to, you'll get it when you get it.
Haha yeah but.. that would mean between July 19th and July 26th if 120 work days excluding holidays :rolleyes:
I think time frames for processing really have to be taken with a grain of salt. If you're one of the first in line.. obviously those are going to come out faster, but that doesn't mean that someone #50,000 in line is going to see their's processed as quickly as someone that was #1000 in line. It's the backlog that will determine the average processing times, not the first in line'ers.

IE., processing 5,000 a month... the first 5,000 will get theres pretty dang quick. The back 50,000+... at 5,000 a month... that's going to take more than a minute to even get theirs started, so trying to take a time measure from only those first being served seems to be a gross miscalculation on what "average processing times" will actually end up being.
He's talking about the 120 day amnesty period starting Jan 31st, which if work days excluding holidays means July 19th-26th 2023.., but if calendar days it would be May 31st 2023. Pretty big swing

He's talking about the 120 day amnesty period starting Jan 31st, which if work days excluding holidays means July 19th-26th 2023.., but if calendar days it would be May 31st 2023. Pretty big swing
I wasn't responding to that. I was commenting on several others posts about actual processing times. Like @ilikegunspdx in post #23.... kinda along the lines of the thread "form 1 approvals"... not on the amnesty deadline date.

Which is why I prefaced my comment with, "I think time frames for processing..." ;)

If it's a time period for the Govt agencies to work, it'll be their workdays. If it's for us plebian peons, it likely is calendar days.

ODFW is excellent example.your annual fishing/hunting license is only good for the calendar year, regardless of when you purchased it. Meaning... it expires December 31st of the year, no matter how late or early you buy yours.

It all depends on who gets your file. I filed the first day an hour after they started taking applications. I have 70 something stamps and am a SOT FFL . Took 64 days for approval which is much longer than any form 1 Ive ever submitted in 25 + years. Meanwhile people who had filed days or weeks later were getting theirs back in 25 days.

Well, they may very well, and in fact be working the 'amnesty form 1's right along with any other regular form 1's, or form 4's or whatever all at the same time. There's no telling if they have separate groups working on different form applications or not. So, as I said before, you'll get it when you get it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top