JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a bunch of old ASG magazines I have had for years. Since they are now out business would anybody know if I had them scanned into PDF files would that violate any publishing laws?

I have been cleaning a lot of bubblegum out of my garage and found these. I am thinking somebody would find the information useful.

If anybody out there wants to tackle this project I will send them these magazines as long as you agree to scan them into PDF files and post them free for NWFA members. Maybe create a members only section so guests just cannot read without becoming members. Sounds like a good idea to me, but then I am tripping on a good cup of coffee right now.

What do you all think?

SF-

A bit of history but it was sold of a while ago to another company and they ran it down and closed it down. I think they did it to get it off the market. The guy who ran it I beleive had to sigh a no compete clause. Hence no new mag. But he did start a web based mag same format same good stuff. The address is http://www.modernsurvival.net/ And I think he would not be happy with you doing that.
On another note I have quite a few of the old ones. And 7 years of the new ones witch they are on disk. I would not mind finding out if you have some I dont have and maybe we can trade for a while or something? Let me know.

Rascal-

I am now in the 21st Century.... I have discovered photo bucket.

I will post pics of the magazines and we can work something out. I don't want to piece these out I would rather just donate/trade them all at once.

SF-

I dug them out this morning and I didn't realize how many I kept. I even have the 20th year anniversary edition. Any way, I am going to contact the editor of modern survival to see if I or anybody else can put them into a PDF and post them online. If not I will sell them out right. I think the information contained within those pages should be passed on.

I will (soon) post some pics of the various covers of the magazines.

SF-

ASGcollection.jpg

As promised, this is my collection:

1996: JAN thru DEC
1997: JAN, FEB, APR - June, SEP - DEC
1998: FEB - DEC
1999: JAN, FEB, APR - DEC
2000: JAN, MAR, APR, DEC

There are also a couple of issues of the Self Reliance Journal.

SF-

I know this is an old thread, but I am in the process of scanning in my collection from back in the day and was wondering if you'd scanned in any copies that I might be missing from my collection.
What I had on hand in terms of hard copies was the following:

Volume 12
Numbers 8,9
Volume 13
Numbers 1,
Volume 14
Numbers 2,4,5,7,8,12
Volume 15
Numbers 1,2,4,5,7,9,10,
Volume 16
Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12
Volume 17
Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Volume 18
Volume 19
Numbers 1,2,4,6,7 ( address labels start here ),8,9,10,11,12
Volume 20
Volume 21
Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.11,12
Volume 22
Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6, 7,8, 9

Then the transition to “Self reliance Journal”
Volume 22
Numbers 10,11,12
Volume 23
Numbers

Practical Survival
Feb/march 1992, Aug /Sept 1992, Oct/ Nov 1992

Thanks in advance

I cherish my old copies of the old American Survival Guide. It was a pretty good mag, although you often saw an ad for the item reviewed right to the review :s0112:

As a kid I also used love reading Gung-Ho, Eagle and Soldier of Fortune, however, looking back alot of the articles were pretty cheesy

Anyone else have a chance to check your back issues? I have scanned all of the issues I had stashed in the basement and would like to borrow other issues to scan and fill in the gaps

Anyone else have a chance to check your back issues? I have scanned all of the issues I had stashed in the basement and would like to borrow other issues to scan and fill in the gaps

I am still looking for the copys that I had. I have moved a lot and can't find quite a few things that i know I had. I have been buying ASG on ebay but don't have any new ones that are not on the list earlyer in this Thread.

I did just get Vol 3 & 4 of Kurt Saxons Books The Survivor and Iim looking for more of his books if anyone has some t part with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top