JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are a couple of web sites that have many issues of American Survival Guide in PDF format for you to download. One is "Steve's Pages" and the other is "Buck on the Beach." I don't know how to put them in this message as links but here is the first URL page 7e

Here is the second: buckonbeach's Documents | Scribd

Both of these have been on the web for a long time so it must be legal to post the magazine pdf's. Either that or no one cares about it.

I am making up a list of the issues on both sites, and so far most of what is on Buck on the Beach is also on Steve's web pages.

I have a large number of these magazines that are not on these pages, and I am going to see if either of the persons running those pages would like to have them to post. Seems a fair trade, they get the magazine and everyone else gets access to the magazines for reading purposes.

There are a couple of web sites that have many issues of American Survival Guide in PDF format for you to download. One is "Steve's Pages" and the other is "Buck on the Beach." I don't know how to put them in this message as links but here is the first URL page 7e

Here is the second: buckonbeach's Documents | Scribd

Both of these have been on the web for a long time so it must be legal to post the magazine pdf's. Either that or no one cares about it.

I am making up a list of the issues on both sites, and so far most of what is on Buck on the Beach is also on Steve's web pages.

I have a large number of these magazines that are not on these pages, and I am going to see if either of the persons running those pages would like to have them to post. Seems a fair trade, they get the magazine and everyone else gets access to the magazines for reading purposes.

I offered Steve copies of my scanned issues and he declined due to being a couple of years behind in uploading, or so he said.
He also had a very strict guideline on the quality of the scans he would accept
I'd be curious to see what issues you have, and if there are any you have that I don't, I would be interested in borrowing your issues to scan for myself. If you already have them scanned, I would be interested in getting copies of your PDFs

The same issues that are on Steves Pages and Bucks site are frequently posted on the net. Apparently no one has ever made an effort to scan in any other issues, and folks I've asked to borrow issues from have been understandably hesitant to let their issues out of their sight.

ASG's copyright is still owned by someone, so the copyright holders still retain the same copyright protections afforded to other modern copyright holders. If they haven't enforced the matter its because they've chosen not to, not because they can't.

Last Edited:
Can you use an Excel 2010 spreadsheet? I will email you a list of the issues I have if you can. If not, I will make a microsoft word list for you. I would have no qualms about sending you the magazines to scan. You are entirely correct, as far as I can tell, about the issues not on Steve's Page or Buck on the Beach. not being readily available. I don't have the equipment to scan the magazines, and I suppose they would have to be cut into single pages to scan, but it would be a sacrifice worth making since others could utilize the information as opposed to just me with the hard copies. If you can scan them I will send them to you. I suppose some entity does own the copyright, but so far at least, they seem to be regarding pdfs of the magazine benignly, if they still exist and are aware of it at all. I once asked Jim Benson if he thought the old American Survival Guide would ever be available on CD and he said he thought not. So, this seems to be the only way to perpetuate the information.

I am after any and all copies of American Survival Guide as pdfs or downloads.
i've looked on the sites mentioned and they appear to be unavailable.
can anyone help?

I am after any and all copies of American Survival Guide as pdfs or downloads.
i've looked on the sites mentioned and they appear to be unavailable.
can anyone help?

I just checked Bucks and Steves links above and they're both still active, so I don't know why you can't download from them
To answer your question, I'm still busy updating my loaner thumbdrive from the last guy I sent it to after I got his contributions back.
In the meantime I can send you a smaller thumbdrive with just the issues of ASG I scanned in plus the stuff from Steve and Buck

No one else was able or willing to loan me their back issues of ASG to get them scanned

That would be amazing tc556guy but i am in australia and i dont want to inconvenience you.
As to the sites it appears my wonderful democratic government has issues with this kind of material as im having lots of problems acquiring this kind of info.
I used to buy ASG until it was banned and i have been trying to update all my survival etc info ever since.

A thumbdrive can't cost too much to mail even internationally.
ASG wasn't banned here in the States; it ceased printing because the original owner died and the family members changed its format and lost readership to a fatal level.

Let me know if you want the thumbdrive and send me a snail mail address by private message if so

I have a box full, maybe even 2, of ASG that I collected for years. They are in storage.
I also have most all of the copies of the old SURVIVE magazine.

Dude, please lend these to tc556guy to scan. He is a stand up guy and ill cover all shipping costs. tc556guy sent me a USB stick with loads of docs on trust that I'd return it -- I did -- so I know he's a good guy. Anyway, please consider. Thanks!

Dude, please lend these to tc556guy to scan. He is a stand up guy and ill cover all shipping costs. tc556guy sent me a USB stick with loads of docs on trust that I'd return it -- I did -- so I know he's a good guy. Anyway, please consider. Thanks!

I appreciate the offer but there is no need for you to expend funds on what is my little info-gathering project. ; )
I'm more than happy to share the results once its done, of course, as you know
Right now I am in the midst of trying to merge my existing library with a ton of info the last guy I loaned the thumbdrive passed along to me.

As you know, my system is layers and layers of organization and its a bit time consuming to try to merge the two piles of documents.
I probably wouldn't be able to spend much time scanning his magazines in for the next month or so, but if he were to send stuff piecemeal til he figured he could trust me with his collection, the issues of Survive would be a good place to start.

Quite frankly I am surprised in working on the ASG portion of my project that no one has tried to scan more issues in over the past 20 years than what was posted on Bucky and Steves pages years ago.

I am willing to loan them, no problem.
My problem is getting them sent. I'm living on disability only, so money is low as well as fuel costs.
Let's see what we can work out :s0155:

I am willing to loan them, no problem.
My problem is getting them sent. I'm living on disability only, so money is low as well as fuel costs.
Let's see what we can work out :s0155:

I can cover shipping both ways.
No rush, let me know what works within your ability to get around

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR