JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's cause the majority of people who claim to carry a gun rarely ever do.

Either that or they carry something that is ineffective simply cause they want to be lazy and comfortable.
This assumes that all who carry have already made the conscious decision to be defenders of society. When indeed many who carry do so to protect themselves and their loved ones, not the public at large.

If such a situation arose, personally I'd ensure the safety of my loved ones first and foremost. If the fight was brought directly to me, then of course I'd engage. But my family's well being comes first and foremost, that includes not exposing them to the burdens of me being a hero or dead hero and the financial implications of such.

There's much to be weighed before one squeezes the trigger in an attempt to stop a mass shooter. And my personal point of view on defending others at large has changed over the years, to where it is today.

Others will feel differently, but I have no obligation nor responsibility to protect those who refuse to protect themselves or their loved ones.

This assumes that all who carry have already made the conscious decision to be defenders of society. When indeed many who carry do so to protect themselves and their loved ones, not the public at large.

If such a situation arose, personally I'd ensure the safety of my loved ones first and foremost. If the fight was brought directly to me, then of course I'd engage. But my family's well being comes first and foremost, that includes not exposing them to the burdens of me being a hero or dead hero and the financial implications of such.

There's much to be weighed before one squeezes the trigger in an attempt to stop a mass shooter. And my personal point of view on defending others at large has changed over the years, to where it is today.

Others will feel differently, but I have no obligation nor responsibility to protect those who refuse to protect themselves or their loved ones.
I would be one of the "others". ;) For bad things to happen all that's required is for good people to stand by and do nothing... and are complicit, IMHO.

I understand the justifications for the sentiment to only act when personally under direct threat, and some are valid, but I more strongly believe that that's part of the problem in the U.S.. Little to no sense of societal obligation. It's more about "me and mine" and does nothing but fuel the decline in our society.

If I were to loose my life in the defense of others, my family knows that's a price I'm willing to pay and I would like to think that they have been taught well enough to know that it's not a sacrifice in vain. I would hope they would take it as an example of how I would want them to live out their own lives.

Some of the safest, most crime free and successful societies around the world are those that have a strong sense of societal obligation. It used to be like that in the U.S. but most have completely lost the plot.

Last Edited:

Your view point is identical to mine. No judgement here.

I should have added... I'm not perfect. If you're sporting gang colors or tats, BLM/antifa/Brandon stickers/signs, a mother's against guns t-shirt, an unpatriotic slogan on your clothing or similar in nature to the above.... without a minor child in your care... you're on your own!! :s0140:

the vast majority of mass shooters have no political motivation or even reveal their party (if they have one).
You actually believe this? 😂 wow! Pathetic!

It's OK, I'm just basing my "assumption" on a very long pattern of registered democrats who vote exclusively for the party of hate, slavery, intolerance, antisemitism etc etc.
Those pesky facts just won't go away!

The courts are hurting the public by going after citizen defenders, like the guy on the NYC train. I maybe able to stop a mass shooting, but, what if the shooter was going through a bad day and was just, you know, sad.

I could save multiple lives but end up with life in prison. It's an old argument, but trading lives is a big conundrum. The state refuses to lock up proven violent people, known predators and spend trillions elsewhere instead of opening mental facilities here. If I hurt or kill a mass shooter I have to lose everything.

I would be one of the "others". ;) For bad things to happen all that's required is for good people to stand by and do nothing... and are complicit, IMHO.

I understand the justifications for the sentiment to only act when personally under direct threat, and some are valid, but I more strongly believe that that's part of the problem in the U.S.. Little to no sense of societal obligation. It's more about "me and mine" and does nothing but fuel the decline in our society.

If I were to loose my life in the defense of others, my family knows that's a price I'm willing to pay and I would like to think that they have been taught well enough to know that it's not a sacrifice in vain. I would hope they would take it as an example of how I would want them to live out their own lives.

Some of the safest, most crime free and successful societies around the world are those that have a strong sense of societal obligation. It used to be like that in the U.S. but most have completely lost the plot.
There was a time I strongly agreed with your sentiments. With getting older and no longer 10' tall and bulletproof, coupled with the potential legal ramifications (i.e. the Marine that choked out the crazy guy), I now fall into the @nammac and @1775usmc camp. The times they are a changin'. (and not for the better)

There was a time I strongly agreed with your sentiments. With getting older and no longer 10' tall and bulletproof, coupled with the potential legal ramifications (i.e. the Marine that choked out the crazy guy), I now fall into the @nammac and @1775usmc camp. The times they are a changin'. (and not for the better)
I'm not getting involved unless it affects me directly or the ones I love. Either that or the situation unfolds directly in front of me. Other than that I am gone. I'm not sticking around to play hero. It's not worth it these days. I carry and train to protect my loved ones and myself. That's it. It's terrible to say but that's my view point.

I have to much too loose for someone who didn't take their own safety seriously. The only time I would actively interject myself outside of loved ones is if children are being hurt. Other than that you have had the tools/training/and mindset at your disposal. It was up to you what you did with them. If you sat on your hands then you pay the price. Sadly.

Basement dweller.

Neighbors said the man had lived in the home with his parents for years
Also a clue as to how long this will be in the news cycle.

The man's parents have requested a translator, according to reports.

Basement dweller.

Also a clue as to how long this will be in the news cycle.

Likely gang related/hit on a targeted family (along with the other unrelated innocents murdered).

Another forum notes a hand tattoo on the dirt bag which resembles eastern block types (Russian/Moldovan/Balkan etc). However too soon to say for sure.

Edit: hand tattoo preliminary ID as Tango Blast (a Texas prison gang)...

Last Edited:
How many more shootings do we have to endure before we pass common sense mental health, psychotropic drug reform?
As many as it takes until law abiding gun owners are completely disarmed.

Even then I wouldn't plan on ever seeing any real action taken. Politicians run their mouths a lot about wanting/needing to do something to help but they really couldn't care less. They'll even allocate millions and millions of dollars to the cause. Funny how nothing ever changes though...🤔🤷‍♂️

This seems to be a 'common thread' as well....
Bunch of beta males living in their mommies basement who have never been punched in the mouth or have any concept of conflict resolution without using a gun.

Bunch of beta males living in their mommies basement who have never been punched in the mouth or have any concept of conflict resolution without using a gun.
I don't know the specifics of this individuals issues, but suppression of classic masculinity causes all kinds of problems in males.

I'd like to think if I were in the car filming with that dash cam I would've ran dude down but without being in that situation it's all hypothetical.

Through work I've been in a couple active shooter training scenarios and the officers doing the seminar always suggest you flee the scene safely if you can. If you can't you try to hide until you can flee. Last case scenario you fight.

People in the classes would of course inquire "what if I'm carrying? Should/could I just take them out?" To which the officers usually say you'll have to make that call yourself because if the responding officers see you with your gun they most likely are not going to take time to ask if you're a friendly or a perp. They're most likely just going to engage you first.

Then if you do succeed in shooting the the perp first you may face prosecution or a civil lawsuit by the perps family etc...

The suspect in a deadly mall shooting in Allen, Texas, that left eight dead and several others injured Saturday has yet to be identified by police.

Multiple FBI agents reported to a home in the Northeast Patrol division of Dallas, with several Dallas Police officers standing outside, according to KHOU. Multiple sources told the outlet the home is where the suspected 30-something-year-old shooter lives with his parents.

The agents were reportedly speaking with family inside the home, according to KHOU. A translator was reportedly requested by the family.

Then if you do succeed in shooting the the perp first you may face prosecution or a civil lawsuit by the perps family etc...
always possible, but I would think choosing to interviene in stopping a mass shooting is probably one of the few if only actions that nobodys gonna press charges. Theres all kinds of subjectiveness around other self defense incidents but seeing someone blast the public at large indiscriminately is about the most objective observation anyone can conclude is needing stopped.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top