JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All those cars moving around... why didn't one of them just road kill the dude!?

Dashcam car... instead of slowly backing up... duck under you dash and floor the accelerator.

It has to make you wonder too. If that soft, target rich environment has armed security on site, would it have ever been a target in the first place? Not to diminish the actions of the officer, but he was there by happenstance.

The only truth the left wants to deny is obvious though. The only thing that puts a stop to mass shooters is a good guy (in blue or not) with a gun and the mental fortitude to act.
Was thinking the same. You're in a vehicle - a weapon in certain circumstances. Why not use it? If you hit the car while shooter is still inside, airbags would deploy bouncing the shooter around. If outside the car then you're gonna injure or hopefully kill the shooter.

Was thinking the same. You're in a vehicle - a weapon in certain circumstances. Why not use it? If you hit the car while shooter is still inside, airbags would deploy bouncing the shooter around. If outside the car then you're gonna injure or hopefully kill the shooter.
I think most poeple around (who live in condition white) would only know he is a shooter some time after the first shot. Those nearby that live in condition yellow woudl likely see him getting out of the car with a long gun. I don't think anyone would know what is going on while he is still inside car. That person in black truck had option to use vehicle as an extremely effective weapon if they had the mindset to do it.

Last Edited:
These things can be lessons to us I think. Fe what would you do, using your normal armament for that location, if you were:

1) in the car driving away/recording video
2) in the black truck
3) in the silver car driving towards shooter
4) one of the bystanders
5) in the store just inside the front door

What things could/would you change from what you are doing now that would make you better prepared to deal with the situation in any of those positions?

Last Edited:
How many more shootings do we have to endure before we pass common sense mental health, psychotropic drug reform?

I for one am dismayed that…in Texas of all places…there weren't more concealed carry people.

C'mon Texas.
That's cause the majority of people who claim to carry a gun rarely ever do.

Either that or they carry something that is ineffective simply cause they want to be lazy and comfortable.

That's cause the majority of people who claim to carry a gun rarely ever do.

Either that or they carry something that is ineffective simply cause they want to be lazy and comfortable.
They're probably the same people that decry "This is Texas we have guns! That would never happen here"- yet never carry, and assume someone/everyone else around them has a gun. It's complacency, and it kills.

Black truck could have mowed him from behind. Shooter wouldn't even have time to turn around probably. Human nature though is to GTFO.

Looks like silver car took 2-3 shots to upper windshield from what I can tell.

Excerpt from the Twitter video above

I was thinking more like that white car that just drove on by just feet away from him. One good jerk on the wheel with an accelerator push and it would have been one and done.

I get the human nature factor, but I bet there are a couple drivers that aren't going to be sleeping very well tonight... wishing they had acted.

I think most poeple around (who live in condition white) would only know he is a shooter some time after the first shot. Those nearby that live in condition yellow woudl likely see him getting out of the car with a long gun. I don't think anyone would know what is going on while he is still inside car. That person in black truck had option to use vehicle as an extremely effective weapon if they had the mindset to do it.
Cause people are scared to get involved. They also fear the consequences even if their actions are completely valid and necessary. America's liberal justice system has its population mentally, emotionally and physical hogtied.

More people will continue to die.

They're probably the same people that decry "This is Texas we have guns! That would never happen here"- yet never carry, and assume someone/everyone else around them has a gun. It's complacency, and it kills.
Exactly. Complacency kills. People give me grief about what I carry on my person. It's for instances like this. I bet those who were killed or witnessed the shooting never "thought it would happen to them."

Another reason I will never carry pocket pistols and subcompacts. Cause this is becoming a regular occurrence.

Or... if he's still moving and you only injured him... that's why God invented "reverse". ;)

why didn't one of them just road kill the dude!?
One of the most confusing moments of my life was when I discovered some people don't think about things that might happen, like if they are walking on the beach they don't think about were they would go if there was a tsunami, or driving down the road what they would do if an oncoming car jumped the yellow right in front of them, or what they would do if suddenly someone was in front of their car with a gun shooting people. To me it's just a thing that my brain does and yeah, sometimes I wish I could tone it down a bit, but it doesn't really get in the way of my day to day life. Like the man said, you can go a long time In Yellow
And if you don't think about it before I think sometimes the brain just says "nah, this isn't real" and moves on

I have no idea how many of these folks "won't" Vs those that truly "can't" or how many just never figured out that they should. Oddly I can tell you the day I first thought about this particular "what if", it was July 18th, 1984, that same day a friend and I laughed at how clever we were for coming up with Cry havoc and let slip the sporks of war!

How many more shootings do we have to endure before we pass common sense mental health, psychotropic drug reform?
Not gunna happen. Cause mental health issues are being normalized and we are told that it's all ok and natural.

Even though we all know it's not.

... I bet there are a couple drivers that aren't going to be sleeping very well tonight... wishing they had acted.
Depends on who it is I guess but I bet their social media posts when they got home are just the opposite, "I barely got away". Most people don't have it in their mindset that they might have to act. When the moment comes "surprise" is what they get, then flight.

Contrast that with being mentally prepared that one might have to take action:

Cause people are scared to get involved. They also fear the consequences even if their actions are completely valid and necessary. America's liberal justice system has its population mentally, emotionally and physical hogtied.
I think there is merit to that. Even around here it's pretty common for some people to say, "I carry everywhere, but I won't draw unless my own life is threatened". The potential liability concerns are great. Personally, I'm old enough that I really don't give a rat's derrière. I value others lives more than what ramifications may come. No matter what... people will still be alive that otherwise may not be. That's good enough for me.

On the other hand it may just be as simple as others present that "where" armed and ready simply were not able to get an unobstructed shot off with all the folks likely running around in circles. We simply don't know, but no matter... there "was" a good guy with a gun that "did" get a shot off and that's all that really matters in the end. One less evil doer in the world and additional lives where undoubtedly saved.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top