JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not really, there's already storage laws in place and people still don't opt for a safe.

I don't opt for a safe, but as I stated earlier with my method none of you would be able to find them let alone even get to them. Unlike a safe, my storage isn't obvious, and its still secured. NC has storage laws saying you have to keep it away from kids, cousins visit with their kids. Their kids are also blabbermouths, so a big obvious safe would mean now my cousins know I have guns and where they are, and they like to talk a lot too (I know more about their friends than I even know about my own from them talking).

So instead I have an extra room somewhere that had a door reinforced, and disguised to look like part of the wall. In addition, also blocked by one of my many book cases. So should I just get screwed over by a mandatory safe then? Cause in the same house I also have tools that can be used to break into a safe.

School shootings have occurred for over 2 centuries. Here's the list:

List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia

If someone want's to see if the number per year is increasing, just tabulate the number of shootings per year in Excel, then convert that to a graph. Let us know what it looks like - post it if possible. Some stats on age of shooters would be useful also.
Here's a list of "School Shooting" deaths by year. No way to efficiently determine whether these were accidental or intentional, or gang related. I eliminated all incidents that resulted in zero deaths. That made the earliest year 1903.
SchoolShootingDeaths.jpg

Last Edited:
Here's a list of "School Shooting" deaths by year. No way to efficiently determine whether these were accidental or intentional, or gang related. I eliminated all incidents that resulted in zero deaths. That made the earliest year 1903.
View attachment 462585

Thanks for plotting that. Looks like a couple of unusual spikes in recent years, but clearly school shootings are not new. From that Wikipedia list, I do see school shootings going back to the 1800's. For example, here's the description for one in 1860:
"A son of Col. Elijah Sebree was killed by another student. Young Sebree was threatening the other boy and said he intended to kill him. The other student got a gun and walked up to Sebree in the schoolhouse, where he killed him.[8]"

View attachment 462585
I'm not sure your chart is correct.

You have less than 5 deaths shown in 2007, and that was the year 33 were killed at Virginia Tech.

Its a wonder why the majority don't call the journalists out on it. Maybe it has to do with the brain scrubbing technology created. :rolleyes:

Technology is certainly helpful, but it seems it really is dumbing things down in some cases.

All we did is create a technological stone age and we are the modern day cavemen...

HEY, I resemble that remark...:D

Just so everyone knows, I don't really advocate any of what was written in that post.............. I was just mocking those "gun owners" that seem to only visit the forum discussions after some horrific event to troll, push gun control as the only solution and attack anyone who disparages the anti's political ideology/agenda.

Ray

In an Erkle voice "I KNEW THAT"...:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews