JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would prefer a sign that says "No Open Carry" similar to what is on the window at Sportsman's Warehouse, since that is apparently the end intent. I don't know, whatever. I'll still go in there carrying.

I emailed the head office of Hi-School Pharmacy (the Franchisee of the Molalla Ace Hardware) and received the following reply from the store manager:

Modeler,

Thank you so much for your inquiry on this sign posted at Molalla Ace Hardware. This sign was put in place when several people began coming in to the store with open carry. This sign in no way effects those of us who have been through the classes and actually know how to carry and use a handgun correctly.

There are lots of customers and families that are exteremly afraid when they see someone with a gun on them that are not in uniform. My thought on this is if they can't see it they do not know that you or I carry.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

Debbie Drake Manager

Molalla Ace Hardware

This right here is exactly what the problem is, America has been pussified.

An update to my original post here. I just left the Ace that I have patronized for over 40 years. While "the sign" is not there (yet)..I was given a definite "anti" attitude when I asked a question about their policy...something has changed there. The store is the Portland Woodstock franchise.

Ace is no longer "the place" for me.

So, the implication is if you open carry, you don't know how to use a handgun 'correctly'? WTF? What does the method of carry have anything to do with the competence of the person carrying. At least be honest and simply say you don't have the guts to stand up to whiny POS's that can't handle the sight of a gun and tell them you simply support their right to carry.

News flash - people who open carry a pistol/revolver in a holster are NOT the ones that shoot places up. Good grief.
"Politically correctly" :rolleyes:

An update to my original post here. I just left the Ace that I have patronized for over 40 years. While "the sign" is not there (yet)..I was given a definite "anti" attitude when I asked a question about their policy...something has changed there. The store is the Portland Woodstock franchise.

Ace is no longer "the place" for me.
Considering you are smack dab in the middle of liberalville it isn't surprising to me.

The Ace hardware where I live has a great selection of guns and ammo. They're one of the best places to buy .22 ammo in town.
The guy behind the counter even told me when to be there to be first in line. :)

UPDATE:

I stopped in to Ace for some things this evening and noticed that there is now a note under the "No Guns Allowed" sign stating that this sign doesn't apply to those with concealed carry permits.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top