JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saint Helens Ace has always had a no-guns sign. I've always given it about as much heed as I would a no-pocket-lint-in-your-pocket sign.

Interesting, I do find it odd as Molalla Ace sells ammo and sporting goods.
The employee I spoke with agreed with me that the sign is an infringement on the 2nd ammendment and is the one that said it is corporate policy.
I will have to ask who the owners are and chat with them.:mad:

Ace in Stayton Oregon has a full on gun shop in the store just as you walk in the door turn to the left gun shop turn to the right hardware store. SAME ONWER.

Ace in Silverton has a Very larger (maybe 8 ft x 6ft ammo cabinet they also sell all manner of shooting supplies from targets and cleaning supplies to speed loaders and hunting scents. They also sell Pellet and BB guns. I know the managers of the Silverton Store well and at one time they were considering getting into reloading equipment and supplies as well I kind of talked them out of it due to the competition from Bi Mart in Salem and Stayton and the fact they would not have been able to do the market justice with the small space they had available. They also made a decision not to sell firearms due to the licensing requirements and not wanting to compete with Silver Falls Pawn (which is basically a new and used gun shop with a coin and pawn shop in it) They rightfully decided there just wasn't enough business for two gun shops. SO ACE sells ammo and Arron at the pawn shop sells guns and almost no ammo (only stuff he takes in through the pawn shop) WOrks out great for Silverton both have a healthy trade in their share of the guns and ammo market.

my guess is its an individual store manager policy since apparently open carry there wasn't a big deal at my local ACE in Porlandia metro suburbs...

I remember riding my bike to the local ACE as a kid and buying .22lr ammo to go plink with. Strange some stores apparently have changed their views.

Whatever happened in the case of the Parkrose ACE and it's anti gun signs a year or two ago. I thought it rather confusing as I had in the past taken guns in the store to buy screws for them that I needed as they had a good assortment of them. Haven't been in the store for over 2 years now because I moved but am still wondering what the policy is today.

I'm thinking its corperate due to the last election (aka incentives from the percievied new anti-gun president). Also as posted above, individual kiss as$ store owners who thought they were going to get a photo op with the "anti-gun incentive givers". I' bet that sign comes down about january 20 or 21. Griggs in pasco never skipped a beat. Nor did ace in hermiston. o_O

Ace in Stayton Oregon has a full on gun shop in the store just as you walk in the door turn to the left gun shop turn to the right hardware store. SAME ONWER.

Ace in Silverton has a Very larger (maybe 8 ft x 6ft ammo cabinet they also sell all manner of shooting supplies from targets and cleaning supplies to speed loaders and hunting scents. They also sell Pellet and BB guns. I know the managers of the Silverton Store well and at one time they were considering getting into reloading equipment and supplies as well I kind of talked them out of it due to the competition from Bi Mart in Salem and Stayton and the fact they would not have been able to do the market justice with the small space they had available. They also made a decision not to sell firearms due to the licensing requirements and not wanting to compete with Silver Falls Pawn (which is basically a new and used gun shop with a coin and pawn shop in it) They rightfully decided there just wasn't enough business for two gun shops. SO ACE sells ammo and Arron at the pawn shop sells guns and almost no ammo (only stuff he takes in through the pawn shop) WOrks out great for Silverton both have a healthy trade in their share of the guns and ammo market.
If only the price of ammo would be less I might be inclined to buy it from them instead of someone else.

Typical left coast liberal political agenda.
It': not about anyone's belief or laws it's about protecting people's feelings.

Go in there and fill a shopping cart full of expensive items and get to the register, when they give you your grand total say "oh sorry I just remmebered your sign, I'll leave so I don't go against your illegal policy".

The ACE hardware here in Anacortes WA used to sell ammo but they stopped for some reason I never asked why because I never bought any there price to high but they do sell bb guns I think still with the cub scout boy scout stuff lol

I have one near my place and have shopped there for years. I think I would have noticed a sign as those usually pop out like a beacon to me, but I'll confirm that tomorrow. The guy I usually deal with is a sand box vet... which I found out when I took a long black thing in there to buy some single T-handle wrenches for grip screws, etc. I did ask him to follow me into the back room as they are located in a veery left wing neighborhood of Portland... didn't want to cause a snow flake customer melt-down.
Once we were alone and I pulled it out of the bag... he gave out a "hooo-ya", and started talking about builds and his service experiences. If this is a corporate-wide thing, it must be pretty new, because he would have been risking his livelihood in that part of town.

Was at Molalla Ace Hardware today, there is a sign on the door NO GUNS ALLOWED.
Told them I would not be shopping there any more, was told it's corporate policy.
Is this new?:(
I call BS and would say it's a local decision. Our local ACE has long and handguns, ammo, optics. Even when prices were ridiculous he was selling ammo and hard to find guns (when he could get it), for very reasonable prices.

Not a corporate policy, probably a local owner decision. My local Ace will never have that sign, they are gun owners and shooters, and likely carry themselves.

I do lost prevention and can tell you most people don't see the signs, don't read the signs, and don't care what the signs say. Properly licensed conceal carry is legal in most places except federal institutions, excluding the post office if you read the statues.

I left town in May and was gone for the duration of the summer, and when I came back in September and went into Ace I noticed two things:

1. The "No Guns Allowed" sign
2. There are a lot more women working there than there were in the Spring

I did a little research and the store manager listed on the Ace website is a female. I'm not saying that the female management is slowly feminizing my local hardware store.... No, wait. That is what I'm saying. I'd be curious to know who the owner of the store is.

I still shop there, and I'm certainly not going to stop carrying when I go in. The ladies at the store seem to like me well enough, and they really like my dog when I take her in. I doubt anyone will look hard enough to notice my gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top