JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get the tie in to the second, but these two are not the same.

Acknowledging that the debit must be paid is different that stating we have to accept incurring any debit the Presidunce wants. I wonder if Stenk ever won a single argument that didn't involve anybody who wasn't catatonic?

The clear wording of the Second means what I choose to arm myself with is nunatheirdambusiness.

Geeze, first two minutes of six in that man-karen video is spam.

Anyway, seems we'd have a lot more money for our own people if .gov wasn't spending it on foreign wars that aren't ours.

Nah we ought to let Russia and China do whar ever they want.
I'd imagine they'd say the same about us. Should the USA do whatever it wants? There's a difference between autonomy and interference in affairs that are really none of our business. Ukraine/Russia is more a civil war and a NATO/UN border push than anything that really benefits us day2day. This debt-ceiling/default game is getting kinda silly, every couple of years. Let's keep our $$$ here please. One F16 would pay for medical care for a lot of folks in the USA who need it.

I'd imagine they'd say the same about us. Should the USA do whatever it wants? There's a difference between autonomy and interference in affairs that are really none of our business. Ukraine/Russia is more a civil war and a NATO/UN border push than anything that really benefits us day2day. This debt-ceiling/default game is getting kinda silly, every couple of years. Let's keep our $$$ here please. One F16 would pay for medical care for a lot of folks in the USA who need it.
Russia attacked a sovergn country that they had no right to. Let them get away with this one and they will do it again. Ukraine has not been part of Russia since the Soviet Union collapsed nearly 40 years ago.

Russia attacked a sovergn country that they had no right to. Let them get away with thisone and they will do it again.
Who assigned us the job of being the international police? And who decides which side is "right"? There are over 100 armed conflicts in the world right now, who are we to pick sides? We don't have the best track-record when it comes to wars.

It's one thing to help those we deem the "good guys", but should it be at the sacrifice of our own people and finances?

I believe in the principle of non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries. The war between Ukraine & Russia has the potential to escalate into a larger global conflict if other countries become directly involved.

Is Ukraine really a strategic interest for the United States? Is it worth the financial costs and human lives? How can we talk about cutting people's social security checks while spending 100s of millions in a fight that's not ours?

If anything, our involvement should be diplomatic solutions, not arming the conflict.

Ukraine has not been part of Russia since the Soviet Union collapsed nearly 40 years ago.
Russia would disagree.

Me, I'm like, hey, ya want independence, go for it. Like if California wanted to secede, I wouldn't miss them. :)

I sure wouldn't support the other 49 States going to war with them in an attempt to annex the Golden State.

Because Russia doesn't like it? When the Soviet Union collapsed there were many countries created and recognized by most of the world. This was almost 40 years I think they are kind of late.

Because Russia doesn't like it? When the Soviet Union collapsed there were many countries created and recognized by most of the world. This was almost 40 years I think they are kind of late.
Is that really any of our business?

I think it has to do more with us pushing NATO right up to Russia's border. Something informally agreed upon as a "buffer" between us.

Imagine if Russia took over Canada and Mexico. It would make us a bit nervous I think. Heck, just look at what we did over a little island in the Caribbean Sea.

So the Ukraine is not part of NATO however NATO backs this war. We walk away gives Russia permission so to speak to continue its conquest. Ukraine is not first country Russia has invaded and if they win here it won't be thier last. The next country might be a NATO member where we have agreed to step in. The rest of the world is watching what is taking place. Do you think that if we walked away from the the Ukraine that China would see the go light and take Taiwan? Amongst others countries doing. The same. If we don't stop Russia we will face them in the future. I believe WW2 was started with a desire to appease Germany. This war is no different. You stop a bully not by minding your own business but by walking up to them and punching them in the nose as hard as you can.

China vs Taiwan isn't any of our business either.

We have a LONG list of countries the USA has invaded. Several without NATO's stamp-of-approval.

There aren't many counties the USA HASN'T invaded, so who are we to judge? "Bully" vs "Victim" is subjective.

I think it's all about money and placing our weapons near perceived/potential enemies.

I believe that countries should have the right to determine their own political, social, and financial systems without interference from external powers.

And Ukraine is a sovergn country. It should have those rights as well.
I agree. But that's between them and Russia. With just a few tweaks of circumstances, we could have supported the latter.

USA conceded Crimea rather readily. Perhaps because they didn't have the strategic advantage the rest of Ukraine does?

As far as Taiwan it is where the world get most of the advanced micro processor chips now so we would be majorly impacted. What do you think country's that call the US a friend would think and do.

As far as Taiwan it is where the world get most of the advanced micro processor chips now so we would be majorly impacted. What do you think country's that call the US would think and do.
IMO, we should be building our own, not relying on any other country for something so important to our infrastructure.

But we'll never get labor that cheap here. According to ziprecruiter.com and a couple others I checked, the average pay of a chip-maker is twice as much in the USA.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews