JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think manufacturers are just looking for the next "big thing" and with that comes a lot of gimmick and marketing. Who gets all excited about another .30-06 offering?

I have a problem with this little factoid....

fullsizeoutput_210.jpeg

Can someone explain how at 1000 fps at the muzzle, this bullet is only loosing 100ft/lbs of energy at 600 meters? Maybe that "M" after the 600 actually stand for millimeters? ;)

Lol, just realized that the Q website is liveQordie.com which makes total sense.

There is just a crowd out there, usually with beards and a sense that molle is fashion statement, that will literally eat up anything they produce. Literally live Q or no life.

I know the guy in charge of Q has literally ran 3 other companies silencer shops, but I think his ego outdoes his products. His prices show this through and through. I also feel that's the reason he never stuck with any of these companies.

I doubt the extra money they charge is for Q&D like folks like to argue, it's likely so the employees can work a 2-3 day workweek and make +100k a year, and spend $100 a week on beard trimming at the parlor.

Not knocking it or anything really. :eek:

I just had this conversation with @Delasangre4231 earlier today!

Q's business model seems to be based completely on marketing hype, Instagram & Twitter followers, and trying to be as edgy as possible. Personally, they're a little too edgy for my taste, and the hype has actually kept me from looking seriously at their product.

That being said, Q does have a few good designs I like, such as the Plan B and Cherry Bomb mount.

Unfortunately, SilencerCo seems to be heading the same direction, and have proven themselves currently too busy filming flashy new promo videos and hyping their new product release to be able to answer their phones or email... :s0002:

I have a problem with this little factoid....

View attachment 500734

Can someone explain how at 1000 fps at the muzzle, this bullet is only loosing 100ft/lbs of energy at 600 meters? Maybe that "M" after the 600 actually stand for millimeters? ;)

Oh yeah, total BS. Period. Again, marketing. :rolleyes:
I noticed that too, but presumed it to be a cut-and-paste error.

I believe the footnote belongs under the supersonic velocity, not the subsonic velocity.

I agree with @ConcernedCitizen that both Q and SiCo are focusing more on social media than a quality product and company. It's a shame because years ago when I bought my Octane (then SWR) and SiCo took over the customer service I received blew me out of the water. And now I struggled so much to get ahold of SiCo's customer service I said screw it and just bought a Dead Air can. And coincidentally they did finally email me an hour after buying the Dead Air can (5 business days later), but their answer felt like a scripted copy and paste off their website and offered no real answer to my question it further solidified my choice in Dead Air, who by the way has been VERY attentive to me and their distributor DSG Arms has shown the same friendly, responsive customer service! Two outstanding companies.

Lol, just realized that the Q website is liveQordie.com which makes total sense.

There is just a crowd out there, usually with beards and a sense that molle is fashion statement, that will literally eat up anything they produce. Literally live Q or no life.

I know the guy in charge of Q has literally ran 3 other companies silencer shops, but I think his ego outdoes his products. His prices show this through and through. I also feel that's the reason he never stuck with any of these companies.

I doubt the extra money they charge is for Q&D like folks like to argue, it's likely so the employees can work a 2-3 day workweek and make +100k a year, and spend $100 a week on beard trimming at the parlor.

Not knocking it or anything really. :eek:
That sounds like a perfect fit for that man-bun you were getting worked last week!

Ok, here is where you learn that Santa Claus isn't real...

The 338 Federal (338-08) already exists.

Bullets are designed to expand effectively within a certain threshold. Most expand most reliably between 1800 and 2400 fps. Why purposely ignore this? Bullets kill, not headstamps.

People talking about 458 Socom and 45-70 need to realize how parabolic those cartridges are. I have a Winchester 1885 single shot in 45-70. My buckhorns are zeroed at 100. My tang sight is zeroed at 300 yards. There is like, a 45 inch difference from 100 to 300 yards with a 350gr bullet at 2100 fps. Its a bit more than a foot of drop just to 200.

Bullets are designed to expand effectively within a certain threshold. Most expand most reliably between 1800 and 2400 fps. Why purposely ignore this? Bullets kill, not headstamps.

People talking about 458 Socom and 45-70 need to realize how parabolic those cartridges are. I have a Winchester 1885 single shot in 45-70. My buckhorns are zeroed at 100. My tang sight is zeroed at 300 yards. There is like, a 45 inch difference from 100 to 300 yards with a 350gr bullet at 2100 fps. Its a bit more than a foot of drop just to 200.
Fixed sights may make this seem to be an issue, but the trajectory is not a problem as long as you know your ballistic drop.

With a good adjustable rear sight, or a scope with a BDC or enough elevation adjustment, distance can be calculated and adjusted for.

Yup.

Interesting round.
As for the whole distance and parabolic/rainbow trajectories.. understand that for much of the 1800s to the early 1900s the Armies of Europe and the Militia of America were shooting round nosed blackpowder rounds to quite a bit of a distance.. and there were whole training regimes upon the concept of "combat musketry".. basically massed rifle fire against human waves... usually from the European Armies' training and experience during the Napoleonic Ward, and compared to the Americans' experiences with the Civil War, Mexico War, Spanish-America war, and the Indian/Frontier Wars all during the same era...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if one could get the round to go supersonic at the muzzle, it ought to do okay towards 500 yards.. maybe not as lethal as could be, but a better punch for social work?
Or it could be hype. :rolleyes:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if one could get the round to go supersonic at the muzzle, it ought to do okay towards 500 yards.. maybe not as lethal as could be, but a better punch for social work?
Or it could be hype. :rolleyes:
Not necessarily...

I understand what you're getting at, but just being supersonic is not enough. Anything 1,200+ fps is supersonic. You'd need much more velocity than that to be effective at 500 yards, and ballistic coefficient can play an even bigger role than velocity at longer ranges.

There's also the issue that No_Regerts pointed out regarding the velocity threshold for expansion. Generally speaking, you need a really soft bullet at low speed, and a bullet with controlled expansion at high speed. A soft bullet pushed too fast will come apart, and a stronger bullet pushed too slow won't expand.

There really is a smaller window than most people realize for optimal bullet performance.

Ok so just to be safe, 500 yards and beyond.. .50BMG? and for below, .338 Lapua Magnum?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:(dripping with sarcasm here)
Lol

Okay so what fps does a 300+gr bullet need to be going at muzzle to be considered "lethal" at 500 yards?
(What's the lethal threshold? .22lrs kills a lot of people yearly... so does .32acp and .38s and .380auto.... and believe it or not, so does .223/5.56 ;) )

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top