JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm presuming he means using subs for the Hollywood quiet requirement, and using supers for the 500-yard hunting requirement.

Same idea with the .300 Blackout at 300 yards.

Probably, but I was more making the statement for the members that may consider doing it. From what I can tell it would be down to average handgun power at 500 yards. Just making an educated guess, but somewhere below 900 FPS at 500 yards is a fair assumption IMHO.

I don't get it!:confused:
If a feller wanted a big bore suppressor host, why not .45Colt or .50A.E? o_O
Even better, .500 S&W through a Can!:D
Go big, or go home!:p
Make up for the lack of speed with energy says me, and with full pop ammo, should be a real thumper in a Carbine size handy rifle!:D:cool::D

Assuming a 300 grain subsonic projectile slowing to 850fps at 500 yards the energy is 481 ft pounds. That is NOT enough for elk. Unless you're the best hunter in the world and can make consistent head shots off hand at 500 yards. :rolleyes:

that would be the requirement for this to be awesome. Since I don't have one to test it will be very cool in my mind until I prove otherwise, or one of you gents beat it down.

Hunting with a subsonic caliber? OK for short range, but at 500 yards I would be worried about it being a human way to take an animal.

Consider it beaten. :cool:

I don't get it!:confused:
If a feller wanted a big bore suppressor host, why not .45Colt or .50A.E? o_O
Even better, .500 S&W through a Can!:D
Go big, or go home!:p
Make up for the lack of speed with energy says me, and with full pop ammo, should be a real thumper in a Carbine size handy rifle!:D:cool::D
show me a .460 s&w in a 16" and I am happy

It is a gimmick round to me especially in a bolt. I will stick with my 33806.
Exactly!

What I don't understand is why Q is putting this cartridge in a bolt rifle. Any bolt rifle cartridge can be subsonic, especially with Trailboss powder.

I didn't watch the complete video yet. What velocities are they getting with supers, and are they planning on getting this to run in an AR-10 platform?

The ability to switch between subs and supers on the fly would be the only selling point for me. Otherwise, there are better cartridges already available for either purpose.

I'm just not seeing a need for "Mid Bore" especially a sub round! The Mil. played with the big bore stuff several years ago, but it didn't really take off like they thought it would! I would have loved a Big Bore Carbine ( still would) especially in a Bullpup, would make for a phenomenal CQB weapon that could still have some reach for those inevitable longer range shots! If I could find a Bullpup with a 21 inch barrel that could fling a 300 gr .45 bullet to 500 meters accurately and with acceptable power and also be rolled for subsonic use through a can, I would be super duper happy!

I'm just not seeing a need for "Mid Bore" especially a sub round! The Mil. played with the big bore stuff several years ago, but it didn't really take off like they thought it would! I would have loved a Big Bore Carbine ( still would) especially in a Bullpup, would make for a phenomenal CQB weapon that could still have some reach for those inevitable longer range shots! If I could find a Bullpup with a 21 inch barrel that could fling a 300 gr .45 bullet to 500 meters accurately and with acceptable power and also be rolled for subsonic use through a can, I would be super duper happy!
.458 SOCOM is already the answer. It might have a rainbow trajectory at 500 yards, but that doesn't mean it can't be accurate at that range. After all, it closely mimics the .45-70, which can shoot well past a thousand yards accurately.

show me a .460 s&w in a 16" and I am happy

This sounds like something right up Jon's ally @NWCustomFirearms

How about it, any thoughts or ideas for a big bore bolty in one of these flavors?
How about a Semi Auto that we could make into a bullpup? Maybe using a combo of FAL-PARA/AR parts?
I'm awfully handy with a sheet metal brake, a TIG and molding plastic!

Lol, just realized that the Q website is liveQordie.com which makes total sense.

There is just a crowd out there, usually with beards and a sense that molle is fashion statement, that will literally eat up anything they produce. Literally live Q or no life.

I know the guy in charge of Q has literally ran 3 other companies silencer shops, but I think his ego outdoes his products. His prices show this through and through. I also feel that's the reason he never stuck with any of these companies.

I doubt the extra money they charge is for Q&D like folks like to argue, it's likely so the employees can work a 2-3 day workweek and make +100k a year, and spend $100 a week on beard trimming at the parlor.

Not knocking it or anything really. :eek:

How about a .458 Win Mag Garand?

tumblr_mvgjud8qIQ1rrmtkro1_1280.jpg

:s0001:

Assuming a 300 grain subsonic projectile slowing to 850fps at 500 yards the energy is 481 ft pounds. That is NOT enough for elk. Unless you're the best hunter in the world and can make consistent head shots off hand at 500 yards. :rolleyes:
Run those numbers at a speed of 1050 FPS and see what changes you get! Still not enough to do what is needed, but that's the edge of Subsonic that we all need to shoot for! .458 SOCOM can be downloaded to that pretty easy, and thats where I would like to see something made!

Run those numbers at a speed of 1050 FPS and see what changes you get! Still not enough to do what is needed, but that's the edge of Subsonic that we all need to shoot for! .458 SOCOM can be downloaded to that pretty easy, and thats where I would like to see something made!

You ain't gonna get 1050 FPS at 500 yards with it breaking that at the muzzle, brother. Terminal velocity for subsonic rounds is mental masturbation. Once it leaves the muzzle, it's all downhill from there. BC notwithstanding.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top