JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Getting 7 million new shooters or gun owners is a good thing. I'm sure many still voted for the communist party and their platform positions, but ultimately these people who bought guns and are buying ammo may change their mind when they start to feel that their newly acquired purchase for personal protection is being threatened. I can at least hope they will.

I know in my area I've had people who aren't into personal responsibility for their own safety tell my wife or myself that in a major issue they would come to my house. Trying to insinuate they would be protected by us. I've very pointedly told them they would be turned away at the door. If they didn't prepare ahead of time, they'd be a liability and a danger to us and wouldn't be welcome.

You can lead a horse to water...

Here I am just commenting on what is in the video:

In the time of ammo shortages, they make .357 SIG ammo, packed in very expensive plastic boxes, as fast as they can? Even when the narrative is for 9mm??? :confused:
That has nothing to do with the ability to jack the prices even higher on that? :eek:
22LR is going to solve the problem?
30-06 is the first hunting caliber that comes to mind? :(

This is my snarky commentary:

Do training people take time? Yes, it does. It also required to bring the last expert in this machinery out of retirement, in his wheelchair to explain how it works. The others were already deceased from old age.
IIRC I have seen videos of Turkish ammo manufacturers using more modern equipment.
I guess I should be grateful for what I saw was not steam-powered. :mad:

As there are other videos, done by knowledgeable, smart, and responsive authors, let us look at them as well.
Many, many times people said that manufacturers do not want to increase capacity, because if Trump were to win, the demand would drop.
Are they going to increase production now? Who knows. If they expect the ammo to have 200% tax and the market to shrink, probably not. Is that 30-06 in preparation for banning 5.56 and .308 rifles and pistols? I hope not. :oops:

Here is a true and positive story:

Meanwhile, I am amazed at how small companies continue to work despite the wartime lockdown.
A highly trained professional from Lok grips called me and spend half an hour on the phone with me, trying to help me.
How long did it take them to train him? Probably more than to learn how to fill boxes.
How much did it cost them to call me? Probably more than what they made from the grips (of course I bought them on sale :)).
Grips, which were manufactured to my custom order at the same time of lockdown on CNC machines.
There could be any number of reasons they are doing .357 Sig. Maybe the configuration of the line is such that it's not readily switched to another caliber. Maybe they only have so many projectiles in the correct size and weight for 9mm. Most likely there is some other perfectly reasonable explanation. I'm going to assume they are doing their best. Take a chill, drink a beer and grab a whatever is your favorite to grab. But lighten up Francis. :D:rolleyes:

Every time there has been a panic since the net I see this. People just sure it's all a conspiracy. There is no reaching a lot of these people who imagine a factory that makes ammo where they just make 3 times as much all of a sudden by flipping a switch. When you try to explain to them that is not how it works many will not hear it, they don't want to hear it, it's got to be some evil scheme.
As long as they don't "stop" making ammo and reloading components.. If that were to happen then it will be a totally different scene.

Rrrrright.....

Only the Police, Military and Other Governmental Agencies should have guns.

So, why would American citizens have a need for bullets?:s0092:

Aloha, Mark

I seen this coming for years and have prepared myself accordingly. But that being said. I am a building maintenance supervisor for one of the largest ornamental/shade tree farms in the PNW. its a 40 million plus dollar per year company. we cannot hire a single competent person that will show up to work and work to save our lives. There seams to be a lack of any skilled or even semi skilled labor Left. Even trying to train younger people is pretty much impossible.

I have recently taken on a young drug abuser that I'm trying to help him make a life for himself. He has had a few past issues. I'm also trying to teach him a little of what's going on in today's Society with the political climate. His family from what I can tell is far left wing. So far he shows up to work every day and does what I ask of him.

in a nut shell it's almost impossible to hire anyone that really wants to work. So I can understand what the ammunition manufacturing plants are going through.

As long as they don't "stop" making ammo and reloading components.. If that were to happen then it will be a totally different scene.
Yep if they did shut down there would already be nothing to buy at any price. A lot of people just have no clue how this works. They think that the people making this stuff can just slap up another plant and double or triple production and that is just fantasy. It takes a HUGE amount of cash to build and they then have to staff the place and pay taxes on all the new facilities and equipment. As soon as they did double or triple output the pipe line would fill and no one would buy. Then the place would sit idle and the workers laid off. All this is VERY costly . Many who ignore the stuff when the shelves are full, only to scream and rant when a panic hits do not want to hear the facts. The just want to scream and rant. This panic will end, just like the others. Shelves will fill and people will ignore the stuff again. Until something sets off another panic run. :s0092:

I never had any doubt that the manufacturers were churning out ammo as fast as they could, they would be stupid not to in this time of high demand.

I lay the cause of the prices at the feet of the retailers/resellers and those asking the prices.

I lay the cause of the shortage at the feet of those who did not plan ahead and who are panic buying ammo.

I am still buying ammo, but generally I do not pay panic prices. I sometimes pay more than I used to pay, but I am not going to pay 3-10X what it used to be.

Panic buying isn't just on ammo, every Costco near me is out of toilet paper & paper towels, except for their Kirkland brand & mandatory limits have been placed on many items

Getting 7 million new shooters or gun owners is a good thing. I'm sure many still voted for the communist party and their platform positions, but ultimately these people who bought guns and are buying ammo may change their mind when they start to feel that their newly acquired purchase for personal protection is being threatened. I can at least hope they will.

I know in my area I've had people who aren't into personal responsibility for their own safety tell my wife or myself that in a major issue they would come to my house. Trying to insinuate they would be protected by us. I've very pointedly told them they would be turned away at the door. If they didn't prepare ahead of time, they'd be a liability and a danger to us and wouldn't be welcome.

You can lead a horse to water...
I always tell people I know that say the same thing about just coming over in an emergency that we will eat them. It usually shuts the idea down pretty quick. :eek:

"president of Federal, CCI, Speer, and Remington"

Maybe part of the issue is the consolidation in ammunition makers. If you take all the companies and put them under one umbrella, one bad decision affects them all. As independent companies, one bad decision affects one company.

My guess on 357 Sig is that it's still in plenty of demand from law enforcement, and they probably have contracts to fill there.
In our morning staff meeting yesterday we discussed contracts also. We use a lot of bark to make potting soil and been having a hard time getting it. We use 100 units a season plus. Each truck load is a 53' 4 axle trailer that hauls 11 units to put things in perspective. One of the owners told our buyers to contract 2000 units at a time and piss on the small guys that we need to secure our company's future first.

so I'm sure you are correct.. they most likes have some large contracts to fill before the shelves fill back up.

Olin stock has been on fire recently after taking a nap for the last four years. It takes time to ramp up production especially with .gov mandates on product and Chyna Virus. I kept telling a friend when 9mm plinking ammo was $175/1000 shipped to start stacking but he was too cheap to listen.

I seen this coming for years and have prepared myself accordingly. But that being said. I am a building maintenance supervisor for one of the largest ornamental/shade tree farms in the PNW. its a 40 million plus dollar per year company. we cannot hire a single competent person that will show up to work and work to save our lives. There seams to be a lack of any skilled or even semi skilled labor Left. Even trying to train younger people is pretty much impossible.

I have recently taken on a young drug abuser that I'm trying to help him make a life for himself. He has had a few past issues. I'm also trying to teach him a little of what's going on in today's Society with the political climate. His family from what I can tell is far left wing. So far he shows up to work every day and does what I ask of him.

in a nut shell it's almost impossible to hire anyone that really wants to work. So I can understand what the ammunition manufacturing plants are going through.
Welcome To the dilemma of legalized marijuana... kills your motivation

Works both ways.

I worked for one of the largest and oldest corporations. I showed up every single day (with a few exceptions when I was sick or even fewer times when I had a car problem - maybe once or twice a year) and called in promptly when I could not make it to work. Rarely took vacation because they didn't pay vacation.

Got paid 20% less than another guy who did the same work. It took 5 years to get the org to somewhat listen to what I was saying about how something should be done, and another couple years before they really took my advice.

I always gladly did what they told me to do.

I was told to give 2 weeks notice before quitting as that was the professional thing to do. I told them to assign certain projects to other younger devs who were going to be there longer after I would retire, but that I would work another year or two. What happens this year? They laid me off with 30 minutes notice - not two weeks. After 9 years I got zero severance - nothing - zip. Not even a thank you. They knew weeks if not months ahead that they were going to lay people off.

A good work environment goes both ways.

Works both ways.

I worked for one of the largest and oldest corporations. I showed up every single day (with a few exceptions when I was sick or even fewer times when I had a car problem - maybe once or twice a year) and called in promptly when I could not make it to work. Rarely took vacation because they didn't pay vacation.

Got paid 20% less than another guy who did the same work. It took 5 years to get the org to somewhat listen to what I was saying about how something should be done, and another couple years before they really took my advice.

I always gladly did what they told me to do.

I was told to give 2 weeks notice before quitting as that was the professional thing to do. I told them to assign certain projects to other younger devs who were going to be there longer after I would retire, but that I would work another year or two. What happens this year? They laid me off with 30 minutes notice - not two weeks. After 9 years I got zero severance - nothing - zip. Not even a thank you. They knew weeks if not months ahead that they were going to lay people off.

A good work environment goes both ways.
I once had a sign over my bench that said "Doing a good job around here is like peeing your pants in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices."

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top