JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the shop I work at we have had Winchester, CCI and for a short while Federal primers but never more than a hand full of cases at a time. We got told that Federal will not be issuing primers through the end of the year due to existing contracts and the concern of not having enough to complete them.

We have been getting ammo and have had no limits for some time but we are seeing brands we have never carried before. 9mm, 5.56 and .308 we have got pallets of currently but a lot of hunting ammo is in short supply. Stuff like 30-30, 300WSM, 300 Win mag, and 270 is hit and miss and .38 special and .357 Mag is still hard for us to get depending on the week/month.

Prices still suck but we have it and if you have nothing it is at least something.

I too bought a couple of cases of 9mm Blazer Brass and several cases of Tula steel case because I like to shoot. I am not lacking but do have a lower limit I never go below.

Like some have said prices will come down but it will never be what it was. I could see $12 a box for 9mm that was once $9 dollars but only if we get a change in the house and senate that is not anti-gun and folks stop hording for the Zombie Apocalypse.

With the fuel prices and inflation climbing I feel everything will cost more as I have seen guns going up as much as 50 bucks in the last month. CZ Scorpions a year ago were going for around 700 to 800 are now 1000 to 1100 depending on braced or not.

So, I feel if there is something you want, get it as prices will only go up in the next year or too if the inflation and high fuel prices continue.
Realistically, I think the huge spike is over and I don't see it going up like it did through 2021, but like you said, with the price of fuel and inflation, things aren't getting much cheaper. Ammo price charts show recent average, but don't include price of shipping. That price per round goes up $.06 every time you pay to ship 1k rounds. I think these prices are going to be a reality for some time.

I heard a commercial when I was walking by the TV talking about " plant based diapers ".

The end is truly near.
Isnt.. uhm.. wait. Aren't reusable/washable diapers usually partly made of cotton?? Or at least, their liners? Side note, we have reusable/washable diaper pads and covers for emergencies and for our 2nd. But that only really works good if we have continual access to washing machines and the like :rolleyes: as for formula.. our 2 year old hates cow milk and natural milk flavor. She very much prefers vanilla flavored formula from Enfagrow' Toddler series. We'll see with the 2nd kid this coming Oct. Ammo is easier to find than formula apparently :(

We tried those for a month or so. HA.

No , I think this was plant based disposable.
OIP.jpg

"There is no such thing as too much ammo unless you're on fire or sinking." :)
^^^

This is true. Grin.

Now I will add some of my other thoughts. NO offense to you or any other reader or poster here.

Or moving out of state or out of the country, moving thousands of miles away even in the same country, downsizing, caliber consolidation, retirement, illness where you sell due to some physical issue or handicap with your body or eyes - vision and NOT because you need the money, MOVING to a much smaller space - building a smaller house and including living on a boat or in a tiny home or for some people in a travel trailer/motor home, after a death of a huge SUPER prepared person who had TONS of reloading supplies, factory ammunition, lots of guns and gear and the SURVIVOR only shoots x amount of calibers and has NO interest in reloading and is NOT into some of the TYPES of guns and firearm calibers that are left, etc. after the death of a loved one.

Throw in ALL of the OTHER STUFF that a super prepared person might have AND if the person is an actual pack rat or person who NEVER goes through their STUFF including paper work and organizes it all and sees what he or she needs and wants in a SANE and rational manner.

Throw in ALL of the people who lived in or NOW live in a big HIGH RISK FIRE ZONE according to .gov figures and with their INSURANCE COMPANIES even if they do fire mitigation ALL around their homes and throw in people who live in NEWLY designated flood prone zones especially since so many dams have been REMOVED all across the country. Throw in all of those natural things, manmade and weather related causes, emergency situations and having to MOVE QUICKLY and SANELY even if you have your GO TO BAGS ready in a fire, flood, earthquake, etc. ZONES.

Throw in the criminals who come into NICE areas and not just bad areas and they are criminals - rioters and arsonists.

They arrested a man up here who committed ARSON where thousands of acres of land and several HOMES were destroyed - lives ruined a week ago. This case was not the one over by Bozeman, further east or even up north where they had a rash of arsons for several years going on in Lincoln County and in many other counties. THIS CASE was by Flathead Lake, all around there including by Finley Point. The arsonist deserves the death penalty. And there was a woman with him and she SAW what he did. Plus they did some tracing, film footage, cellular locations, etc.

Yes, you can have TOO MUCH STUFF including firearm related stuff in my opinion.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I hope that places like Bi-Mart placed massive orders during the shortage peak and end up with too much inventory as the supply chain catches up and then ammo goes on sale?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top