JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well maybe this will finally make it to fruition....High Tower Armory, LLC

I was really hoping to try one but I got tired of waiting and it was the main reason I hung onto the Hi-Point as long as I did! Lol
I am actually on their waiting list now... with that bull pup stock it will be unrecognizable as a HiPoint. Should get some weird reactions at the range... Admiraition turned to confusion when they figure out what it is. Like when you admire a woman's arse and silky blonde hair until HE turns around:eek:
I'm not too proud to say the 995 is really starting to grow on me... The mods you made make it look infinitely better than stock, and there are lots more aftermarket parts to make it even better. As long as it goes bang when I pull the trigger, what's the problem? I spent part of the afternoon tweeking it...I added an AFG, and drilled and attached those mag extensions you had in the parts bag.(why did you not do that already btw? It makes for way better mag changes)
Next week I'm taking the barrel to my LGS in to get threaded for suppressors... And I've been eyeballing a different mag release fromHi-Point | LongShot Mfg., LongShot Manufacturing, LongShot
and maybe a better trigger.

Thinking about joining the union too:D
5C362669-CC51-465F-9346-23BED9FA758C.jpeg

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their advice and kind offers. I stopped by Cascade Firearms and Supply today and purchased myself a Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II. The wife and I are very excited to go out and play when it finally stops raining.

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their advice and kind offers. I stopped by Cascade Firearms and Supply today and purchased myself a Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II. The wife and I are very excited to go out and play when it finally stops raining.
I think you will be pleased with the S&W Sport II. I have had my original Sport for a couple years and like it a lot. (Don't really miss the dust cover and forward assist and like the 5R rifling 1 in 8" twist barrel on mine). Look for a Mag Pul 10 or 20 round P-Mag. They are much handier when shooting from a rest or prone. The 30 rounders are fine for off hand, but are awkward when really testing accuracy potential.

Good choice, you will love the M&P. the newer one ha 1/9 twist and conventional rifling, but mine is more accurate than I am, and has had ZERO issues with 1000 rounds through it.

I think you will be pleased with the S&W Sport II. I have had my original Sport for a couple years and like it a lot. (Don't really miss the dust cover and forward assist and like the 5R rifling 1 in 8" twist barrel on mine). Look for a Mag Pul 10 or 20 round P-Mag. They are much handier when shooting from a rest or prone. The 30 rounders are fine for off hand, but are awkward when really testing accuracy potential.
Lot of truth in that statement. If you try use a 6"-9" bipod you need to set it at 9" to use the 30s comfortably.

Its much better to go as low as you can, that's where 20s shine (because then its just the pistol grip that gets in the way). 10s with blocks if necessary for hunting, but IMHO 20s are the most versatile.

Lot of truth in that statement. If you try use a 6"-9" bipod you need to set it at 9" to use the 30s comfortably.

Its much better to go as low as you can, that's where 20s shine (because then its just the pistol grip that gets in the way). 10s with blocks if necessary for hunting, but IMHO 20s are the most versatile.

AND, the math is easier. One box..one mag..one box..one mag:)

And they just look so nice in the magwell! I still kept all my 20s (one is Adventure Line, another is Colt .223, and the rest are new USGI), just in case I felt like getting an AR again.

Not sure if it was suggested in previous pages and it looks like OP got himself a S&W anyways but I think the best bang for your buck AR is the Ruger AR 556 MPR. got one for my wife and its pretty nice. Free float Mlok thin handguard and a really nice trigger! Think I paid just over $600 total.

Nope, no sub 500 pricing, but I bought local to show my support for the little guy. I don't mind paying a little extra to do my part in keeping a smaller shop in town in business.

Hi all,
After going shooting this weekend the wife is tired of plinking with the .22 and the .308 is just too much gun for her to be happy with. So she asked that I find her some middle ground. I'm looking for some advice from the experts on the board. I've done some internet research but I would like opinions from those with more practical experience.

I am looking to purchase my first semi-auto 5.56. And by purchase I mean, buy one fully assembled. As I don't think I would trust a firearm of my own construction. :)

We would be using it for home defense and target shooting on the weekends for self improvement, with some varmint shooting a couple times a year with friends thrown in. I'd like something in the sub $1000 range (The subber the better), that is ready to go straight out the box and is easy to maintain as the wife has to clean her own toys.

What would you recommend?
Hi Tangent,

Ok, here's the thing; I have both a mini 30 and a Ruger SR556. Everytime I go shooting I vow to take the 556, but almost always take the mini. The mini is just much more fun to shoot, even though not as accurate. If you like shooting cans with your .22, you'll love the mini. I'd bet your wife would prefer it as well.

Good luck
Norm

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads