JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno... Singapore probably has something with this whole public caning.

Personally, it's the nicest and cleanest city I've ever been to. I was there 3-4 times a year growing up.

Public disfigurement seems like it should catch on here imo.

I suspect it may have been a sheep rancher. They run a lot of sheep in the grass fields for awhile in the spring. I have to assume a eagle could take a newborn lamb?

Had a Hawk circling my dog and I for an hour while out walk.

It would circle lower and lower until I would stop and look at it, then it would head back up higher.

I'm guessing if a Hawk looks at a little dog as a meal then an eagle would have no problem with newborn livestock.

I suspect it may have been a sheep rancher. They run a lot of sheep in the grass fields for awhile in the spring. I have to assume a eagle could take a newborn lamb?

You assume correctly "joken", they can lift lambs, I've seen adult Eagles pick up large raccoons...

If you get some time to spare make the trip to the Cascades Raptor Centre just outside Eugene - a very worthwhile use of time and energy [it seems to be built on a 45 degree slope].

Lots of good work there rehabilitating avian victims of mindless human aggression.

tac
I can just about drive a golf ball to the raptor center from my place. The kids love it.

Just want to preface my comment by saying I love Bald Eagles. Matter of fact quite a few birds of prey I find to be magnificent animals. So I am with you guys.

Having said that I was having a conversation with someone in the last few years and I was relaying that I had recently seen a Bald Eagle down at Lake Roosevelt. We were on our boat and the bird swooped down just a few feet over our heads. He glided right over and sat on a log on shore about 15 yards away. He wanted our snacks......I mean our small dogs :D I kid you not he was hungry!

So I told this guy the story and I was all smiles because I thought it was neat. Even though that eagle wanted my pooches I still thought he was majestic. The guy I was talking with didn't see it that way at all. He thought they were disgusting creatures that should have an open season on them :eek: If I remember correctly he was from somewhere back east and he had a very very negative view on them. Shocked the hell out of me as I'd never heard anything like that before.

Unfortunately most folks can't tell the difference between a Bald Eagle and a Turkey Vulture.
You jest!
Eastern_Turkey_Vulture_in_flight%2C_Canada.jpg
Bald_Eagle_KKAPA_2011_19277_151416_RobertBailey.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR