JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife killed a black bear Saturday morning, after it injured a woman near a park in downtown Leavenworth.

A 68-year-old woman suffered "severe head and groin" injuries following a bear attack."

As per the article:
"If the bear knocks you down, then yes, your solution is to fight."

State wildlife biologist Rich Beausoleil told Seattle's KING-TV that the woman made the right call by attacking the bear after she was knocked to the ground.

Really? So wait until the bear 'knocks you down' to 'fight' ?

This is some of the most ridiculous advice I have EVER read.

As per the article:
"If the bear knocks you down, then yes, your solution is to fight."

State wildlife biologist Rich Beausoleil told Seattle's KING-TV that the woman made the right call by attacking the bear after she was knocked to the ground.

Really? So wait until the bear 'knocks you down' to 'fight' ?

This is some of the most ridiculous advice I have EVER read.
If it's black, fight back; if it's brown, lie down; if it's white, goodnight.

Park?

A Washington state woman escaped a bear attack outside her home
enchantment-park.jpg

Thank you KG for the pic of the park area or whatever it is (I can't seem to enlarge it) but is this near where the woman lives? I.E. near the 'park' you referenced ?
If you've never been there, it's a neat little town with a fairly small year round population that ebs and flows with different seasonal draws. We've stayed in a couple vrbo spots. Plenty of area for yotes and bear to live close in without being noticed. Until something like this.

If you've never been there, it's a neat little town with a fairly small year round population that ebs and flows with different seasonal draws. We've stayed in a couple vrbo spots. Plenty of area for yotes and bear to live close in without being noticed. Until something like this.
So many fond memories of that town. Love it!
B78815D5-0524-40E9-98F5-90F37EF0DAA2.jpeg
291A9DAC-A48C-4102-872D-7499D626BD0A.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top