JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Welcome to the Target Shooter Information Program. A place where volunteers can exchange schedules, planning, discussions and reports for our Target Shooter Information Program in Tillamook State Forest.

Hats off to each of you for participating in this unique, one of a kind program. Your contribution to this today, is a key element in making a difference for tomorrow. We learn a little more each time we work the booth and we hope you will share your observations to help make improvements.

The primary mission of this thread is to have a 'pool' of volunteers who are interested in working the booth and to schedule days where at least two people operate the program at each setup. The secondary objective is to discuss progress, effectiveness and improvements. In addition, we appreciate efforts, suggestions and contributions from those who cannot participate in booth operations but would like to contribute in some way.

This is an ongoing program, with booths setup as often as we have volunteers to staff them, throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall. Typically, we set up the booth on Saturdays from 9 am to 3 pm. Sundays or weekdays are also okay. We would like to setup at least once per month. More often would be desirable, as it would reach more people.

This program, to our knowledge, is the first of its kind and we know of no other community of gun owners who are actively addressing the issues of respectful outdoor recreational shooting on public land as we are here. This is a unique opportunity to help encourage appropriate behavior and produce a positive difference for the good of our forest. It sends a positive message to the general public of the integrity of Northwest Firearms members as responsible gun owners. It also has the potential to improve the sport of Recreational Target Shooting and supports our right to shoot on public land.

Target shooting rules for Tillamook State Forest:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/target-shooting-in-tillamook-state-forest.188949/

Special thanks of appreciation go out to our original 2014 NWFA Start Up Team members; rangerlars, ZigZagZeke, Ed Guinn, Liberty97045, ZA_Survivalist, Qjay, PDX, Peteralexander78, PotshotJim, Joe13 and doomsday. We thank you all for your help.

Cogs
Volunteer Coordinator

Last Edited:
This info booth is real close to launch. We have a NWFA member who is donating our canopy and tables, another member is donating custom made sandwich signs and other members have designated funds toward this booth. In addition, a couple other members have met with ODF Tillamook State Forest and are nailing down details and locations for booth set up. (We will make their names known when they give us to okay to do so). Thanks folks!

We still have printing needs. Lettering put on the sandwich sign "Target Shooting Information Ahead", and the Northwest Firearms Outdoor Recreational Sport Shooting brochure.

We're on our way to Tillamook Forest!

A couple pics of last years Booth in Mt Hood. The second pic is the latest version. Tillamook will have a different banner shown in the 3rd pic.
Booth 5-16-15 2.jpg

Booth Aug 2015.jpg

Booth DNR May 2015.JPG

Last Edited:
Thanks, Timber. Stay tuned for further developments, posts and schedules.

A good way to keep on top of info about this program is to click 'Watch Thread' in the drop down menu at the top of this thread. (Drop down menu says 'Tools'). You will then be notified of all posts to this thread.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Cogs

I finished the sandwich signs this morning. Two are 2'x4' and the other two are 2'x3'. All are made from pressure treated plywood with 4 coats of white primer.

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG

Woooo! Dude! Way to go! Those look just right.

We will use one of each in Tillamook, and the second set in Yacolt Burn.

The 2x3 will get printed with the NWFA logo and "Target Shooter Information Ahead".

The 2x4 will sit next to the booth and will have a message something like "Free Targets" "Free ear plugs".

Thank you a ton, Timbertodd! Both you and spookshack have given our Target Shooter Information Program a BIG BOOST!

Cogs

Ok folks,
here is a pic of the stuff I will be donating:

(1) 6ft folding table
(1) 8ft folding table
(1) 10x10 white canopy
(1) white side wall for canopy

View attachment 276535

I finished the sandwich signs this morning. Two are 2'x4' and the other two are 2'x3'. All are made from pressure treated plywood with 4 coats of white primer.

View attachment 276627 View attachment 276628

Generous donations guys, thank you very much. You both have your official 2016 Volunteer badges for your efforts ;)

I am available Saturdays / Sundays until June. If you need help manning booths, picking up garbage, making dump runs , what ever the case for the Tillamook area. Count me in.

I'm available usually on Saturdays. As Kong as my schedule doesn't change I work Sunday through Wedsnesday.

Also. Will this setup be available for use in conjunction with the department of forestry at Sportsmans warehouse. I've for insiders that will allow us to set up a booth in the store whenever we like.

We now have all the physical equipment (canopy, tables, NWFA banner, and blank sandwich signs). Yep, blank sandwich signs. That means we're not ready to set up yet. Joe is working on the primary sandwich sign, "Target Shooting Information Ahead". He's also working on a brochure about Recreational Sport Shooting on Public Land. The biggest issue, that delays the whole thing, is the money part. Not sure how much but I'm guessing it's a few hun. I think he needs some encouragement in that department!

Once that's done, we can go!

To help him out, Donate Here.

Cogs

Last Edited:
We now have all the physical equipment (canopy, tables, NWFA banner, and blank sandwich signs). Yep, blank sandwich signs. That means we're not ready to set up yet. Joe is working on the primary sandwich sign, "Target Shooting Information Ahead". He's also working on a brochure about Recreational Sport Shooting on Public Land. The biggest issue, that delays the whole thing, is the money part. Not sure how much but I'm guessing it's a few hun. I think he needs some encouragement in that department!

Once that's done, we can go!

To help him out, Donate Here.

Cogs

is there a PDF or file of the sign for the sandwich boards?

Does ODF have a brochure? I'll email Randy and Jason.

Is this still marked correctly as an upcoming event?

Put me down (at least preliminarily without the date) for this one please.

@Cogs, @F2CMaDMaXX are you referring to Tillamook or Mt. Good booth? Has the Tillamook booth even officially kicked off yet?
Tillamook and Yacolt are still waiting for Signage. We have the equipment but need the banners made up. I thought they should be done by now. I'll check with Joe.

The Mt. Hood booth has been up and running for 2 years now and has all the stuff it needs to just set up and run.

Thanks for asking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top