JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Be There?

• Total voters
Okay, who left the cooler? It was full of half frozen hamburger patties. I can't eat that many before they go bad, so I gave most to some needy neighbors. But I still have the cooler! So let me know and I'll get it back to you.
P1080204.JPG

A great day in the forest. Thanks to all who made that happen. Especially for the forest, but I benefitted nearly as much doing good things with fine folk.
I should have brought a cot, I needed a nap after the little exercise, fine food, and warm sun.

A great day in the forest. Thanks to all who made that happen. Especially for the forest, but I benefitted nearly as much doing good things with fine folk.
I should have brought a cot, I needed a nap after the little exercise, fine food, and warm sun.
And thank you, Mr. Thor! It was sure a pleasure to meet you, Sir. Wish we had more time to visit. Hope we meet again!

Bill

I enjoyed our morning and lunch time talks. Hope you all did as well. Thanks to ODF/Tillamook State Forest employees, Jason and Mike, for sharing their enthusiasm of our participation in this and other endeavors with them. Partnering to preserve recreational shooting on public land. It's what we do and we do it well.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and the whole event, it was fun and a great group of folks. I needed to leave when the shooting fun began but enjoyed watching a bit, next time I will stay for the target shooting.
The cleanup made a huge difference in appearance to the locations. I enjoyed hearing what the forest service had to say about upcoming projects and solving the problems, I learned a bit more about how bullet impact superheats the fragments and can slowly start a fire, even hours after you leave. It was great to have the Forest Service out there participating and get the chance to talk and have input with what's going on. I look forward to more events :)
Ditto those thoughts!

Cogs the cooler is mine. I completely spaced it until I was almost home. Glad you were able to help some neighbors in need with the leftovers. I can get it from you at the Tillamook cleanup next month if that is alright.

Well, after a good nights rest......

I'm proud as can be to be part of this group, a great bunch of fun and generous people. And to the Tillamook forest people, who knew public servants could be so cool! It turns out they REALLY DO work for us.

Extra, EXTRA special thanks need to go to Bill Cogsley, (did I spell it right?). I see how much you put into these gatherings. Please know that Wifey and I very much appreciate what you do here!

:s0115: :s0152: :s0152: :s0152: :s0152: :s0166: :s0166: :s0166:

P1040144.JPG

Last Edited:
When you volunteer for an official NWFA event, you receive the green status banner under your user name. (This is only for the NWFA members). @Joe Link issues these awards, so, let's make sure we have all the names right. If you were there and don't see your name listed, please post.

@John Diana , @Lone Wolf , @Reno911 , @Koda , @31Kwiredog , @kenny C , @Timbertodd , @Nocaster , @mgleason00 , @bolus , @fzylogic , @Wifey , @Mikej , @thorborg , @Craig O .

That makes 16 of us from NWFA, 2 from ODF, and 6 others who came from, or heard of it, from Sportsman's Warehouse, J & B Firearm Sales, Cabela's and/or from other promotions.

Thank you all. You deserve it!

Cogs

This happened during the event... (Hope I got the details right. Correct me if it's different)

Jason, of ODF, and a few others went to the second cleanup site about 4-5 miles away from the first. They had cleaned up one lane and moved on to the next. Some people showed up to shoot at the first lane. They set up their targets and were about to get started when Jason walked in and pulled their targets down. What???

They had put up beer bottles on tree branches! Gee what's wrong with that? Well, let's see... Jason told them "we're not doing that today" and proceeded to let them know why. (Not a legal target, shooting at trees, resource damage...).

Luckily, they were nice, understood and complied.

This is a typical result of how uninformed the general public is to the rules for shooting on public land. It's a prime reason why we do the Target Shooter Information Program.

Cogs

This happened during the event... (Hope I got the details right. Correct me if it's different)

Jason, of ODF, and a few others went to the second cleanup site about 4-5 miles away from the first. They had cleaned up one lane and moved on to the next. Some people showed up to shoot at the first lane. They set up their targets and were about to get started when Jason walked in and pulled their targets down. What???

They had put up beer bottles on tree branches! Gee what's wrong with that? Well, let's see... Jason told them "we're not doing that today" and proceeded to let them know why. (Not a legal target, shooting at trees, resource damage...).

Luckily, they were nice, understood and complied.

This is a typical result of how uninformed the general public is to the rules for shooting on public land. It's a prime reason why we do the Target Shooter Information Program.

Cogs

He told me another story of catching some people littering in the spots we cleaned up.
confronted them by saying volunteers have to come out here and clean up after you. They replied something like "oh, that's very nice they clean up for us" and then proceeded to leave.

He turned them around to clean up their garbage and gave their plate number to the sheriff to have a talk with them.

sheesh people. they say never assume malice that is adequately explained by stupidity. I think we are just cleaning up after idiots.

I believe you are both correct. There are those who are uninformed and then those who just do not care. While I was helping him unload the 2nd trailer into the drop box he told me about a guy he came across shooting a dishwasher. The guy gave the suspected reply when confronted ( it was already here). Jason told him that he took ownership the moment he began shooting at it. He then told him to make room for it in his vehicle because he was taking it home. When the guy began to protest he was told to either load it up or the sheriff would oversee the loading of said dishwasher.

I believe you are both correct. There are those who are uninformed and then those who just do not care. While I was helping him unload the 2nd trailer into the drop box he told me about a guy he came across shooting a dishwasher. The guy gave the suspected reply when confronted ( it was already here). Jason told him that he took ownership the moment he began shooting at it. He then told him to make room for it in his vehicle because he was taking it home. When the guy began to protest he was told to either load it up or the sheriff would oversee the loading of said dishwasher.

yep, Im liking Jason. Plus he is a good shot.

It was two younger men that were at the spot we cleaned on lousignot road as we were heading back after having cleaned the second lane. Two older gentlemen were at the second lane when we pulled in to clean it as well. They offered to assist and helped us clean the second lane. We told them about the cooperation we have had between this website and the DOF. The second two, the young boys, Jason and I approached to see what they were up to as they were not firing from the rocks that block further entrance. Most do shoot from there as it acts as a quasi firing line. After we got them to safety there weapons we asked them what they were shooting at. They had a target on a dead stump as well as about 8-10 glass beer bottles hanging in various locations. One kid was new to shooting. After Jason politely educated them a bit on what they were doing and how to better portray us gun owners I talked over the cost and simplicity of a safer and easier to pack out targets. I also invited them to head back with us to Wolf creek to see what responsible shooting is and to meet some more shooters and such. I didn't see them head that way sadly. Jason made sure to grab their bottle to prevent them from being shot and left. I felt we got some education through to them. I hope.

He told me another story of catching some people littering in the spots we cleaned up.
confronted them by saying volunteers have to come out here and clean up after you. They replied something like "oh, that's very nice they clean up for us" and then proceeded to leave.

He turned them around to clean up their garbage and gave their plate number to the sheriff to have a talk with them.

sheesh people. they say never assume malice that is adequately explained by stupidity. I think we are just cleaning up after idiots.

Malice and stupidity aren't mutually exclusive! In fact they dance hand in hand!:(

Malice and stupidity aren't mutually exclusive! In fact they dance hand in hand!:(

I think that, unfortunately, it's neither malice nor stupidity, but just plain not giving a carp. Apres moi le deluge, and all that, or just a pile of trash. You can see the signs of this attitude just about anywhere you look.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top