Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

2-Part Q: Boxer primers in berdan brass, go/no-go? if no-go, where to get berdan's?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Arkarayne, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

Question says it: I got a very sizable supply of Berdan brass, and the ability to deprime/reload them, now: Can I use my regular primers I use for Boxer brass, or do I need specific primers? If so, where can I get them?

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

No you cannot use boxer primers in berdan brass. You can find berdan primers at some places online. Also decapping berdan brass is not the same as you would with boxer.

3. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Maybe if you drill a little hole through it where the boxer flash hole is supposed to go poking out that little anvil thingy. I think I saw someone doing that on youtube once.

4. Arkarayne

Arkarayne Medford, OR Member

I have a berdan decapper, and thank you for answering, i'd thought it'd be a bad idea but I figured I'd ask first. I actually remember now a local shop carrying Wolf berdan primers, never thought about them until today I guess, thoguht it was an authenticity thing.

Yeah... thought about that too. then i decided to spend 20 bucks on a decapper and find the proper primers, since, i'd like to keep my gun, hands and face, and just my luck i'd do that and create ticking time bombs.

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Wolf are still going to probably be boxer primers. WOLF Performance Ammunition - Primers

Graf & Sons - Large Rifle - Berdan had some at one point. You will need to do a web search to see who has them, if anyone.

Then the cost is going to be semi prohibitive too. You will have a $25 (I think it went up though) hazmat fee on top of shipping so it usually does not make it worth ordering unless you are buying by the case.

6. Sgt.MasonWillis

Sgt.MasonWillis closer to Seattle than I want to be... New Member

NO!

7. Sgt.MasonWillis

Sgt.MasonWillis closer to Seattle than I want to be... New Member

I THINK IF YOU ORDER THEM TO YOUR NEAREST CABELAS FROM THEIR WEBSITE THEY WILL SHIP TO THE STORE FOR FREE...