JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question says it: I got a very sizable supply of Berdan brass, and the ability to deprime/reload them, now: Can I use my regular primers I use for Boxer brass, or do I need specific primers? If so, where can I get them?

No you cannot use boxer primers in berdan brass. You can find berdan primers at some places online. Also decapping berdan brass is not the same as you would with boxer.

I have a berdan decapper, and thank you for answering, i'd thought it'd be a bad idea but I figured I'd ask first. I actually remember now a local shop carrying Wolf berdan primers, never thought about them until today I guess, thoguht it was an authenticity thing.

Maybe if you drill a little hole through it where the boxer flash hole is supposed to go poking out that little anvil thingy. I think I saw someone doing that on youtube once.

Yeah... thought about that too. then i decided to spend 20 bucks on a decapper and find the proper primers, since, i'd like to keep my gun, hands and face, and just my luck i'd do that and create ticking time bombs.

Wolf are still going to probably be boxer primers. <broken link removed>

Graf & Sons - Large Rifle - Berdan had some at one point. You will need to do a web search to see who has them, if anyone.

Then the cost is going to be semi prohibitive too. You will have a $25 (I think it went up though) hazmat fee on top of shipping so it usually does not make it worth ordering unless you are buying by the case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top