JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1669675503346.png

I never new these were out there?

Can they be use with cases that use boxer primers? If so can they be removed the same way as boxer primers?
No, because a boxer primer has the anvil in the primer cup. A berdan primed brass has the anvil, a little 'Nub' of brass, between the two flash holes.

So if you happen to have a bunch of advils and the cups are the same than you could use them in boxer brass it seems.
Well no, becuase the anvil is where the flash hole is on boxer primed brass. and I don't even know if the dimensions of the two style primers match?

Well no, becuase the anvil is where the flash hole is on boxer primed brass. and I don't even know if the dimensions of the two style primers match?
Berdan don't have anvils in the cups, so it seems like you could just take anvils from used boxers and place them in the berdan cups there by turning it into a boxer primer. In theory.

Berdan don't have anvils in the cups, so it seems like you could just take anvils from used boxers and place them in the berdan cups there by turning it into a boxer primer. In theory.
Oh, I see what you're getting at. Yeah, those little things that separate, and go all over the floor, when you decap boxer primers are the anvils! Seems it might be easier to put the word out you're looking for berdan primed brass? Talk to fstdraw, he's probably got a bunch. :D

Oh, I see what you're getting at. Yeah, those little things that separate, and go all over the floor, when you decap boxer primers are the anvils! Seems it might be easier to put the word out you're looking for berdan primed brass? Talk to fstdraw, he's probably got a bunch. :D
Actually, was looking at maybe repurposing some primers. I've got a lot of leftover anvils from boxers.

I think by the time you super glue the Boxer primer into the Berdan case (or vice versa), you might as well stick a long match thru the bolt and carrier and ignite the unprimed case that way!

Yugo brass is fantastic once reloaded. My favorite by far.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top