JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Bushmaster AR-15 was left in his car. Apparently he used a Glock and Sig, 9mm when entering the school. (pre CBS report) Of course, even though the AR-15 was not used in the attack, it is the one that is being discussed the most.

I don't know if we'll ever learn you can't legislate crazy. If not guns, then knives like the guy in China . 22 kids there too. This hurts my heart so bad. I have a hard time seeing the world we live in. Humanity, or the lack thereof,is disgusting.

Except that 22 people were injured, not killed, by knives/blades in China. The argument has been said before "If guns were outlawed people would use knives...." but you're seeing potential difference in this act. I can see why the argument has been made before but after reading what happened today it seems like comparing apples to oranges...

Another jackwagon getting his 15 minutes of fame.
I wonder if we gave these stories on the news no shock power.. we'd take away the whole point the shooter was trying to make.
Obviously not NOT reporting it.. but they give the shooter this glorifying aura of evil.. however in the crazies mind its a pedestal the media places the shooter on by saying his name on air, his life story..etc.

I could see how a crazy in need of attention (even if that means his own death) could and would seek something like this.

I've mentioned in other posts, someone who does an evil evil act like this was going to do it to someone(s) somewhere with what ever they could get their hands on. The media needs to take that into account.

One more mass shooting and we'll have a real live ban on our hands.. that won't solve anything because it was put forth by emotion not logic to solve a problem much larger than just banning certain types of firearms they deem as scary.

Teachers should carry. Teachers go through a pretty decent backround check as do all that work there. I figure if a teacher wants to carry make that part of their teachers ongoing education. They take up to date classes and courses to better teach the new kids coming in the next year.. why not have them take a few defensive firearm classes.
I feel with a school shooting rather than a public setting mass shooting it would be very easy to recognize the shooter or who doesn't belong there, especially at an elementary school where all the kids are real young.

At least someone could have knocked that punks dick in the dirt.
And all this on my god damn birthday. :(

I am trying to not get into this gun debate. But these ppl are so ignorant! They keep trying to hint the ar 15 would have been banned under the AWB even saying the handguns "could" have taken extended mags. 'Could' not 'did' so why say it? They are just twisting this around to reinstate the AWB just stupid. The AWB didnt stop ppl from getting a 'assault weapon' it just jacked the price up for law abiding citizens and of course criminals will just steal them. Also if a loser didnt have access to guns they could drive there car thro a building and get similar publicity.... or wait no they wouldnt it wouldnt further there agenda....

Anyways.... Sounds like in their final moments the principle helped save lives by turning on the intercom so everyone could here what was happening and get a warning. Its these type of heros ppl (especially the MEDIA!) need to focus on and NOT the shooter and not the shooters tool of choice.

Teachers should carry. Teachers go through a pretty decent backround check as do all that work there. I figure if a teacher wants to carry make that part of their teachers ongoing education. They take up to date classes and courses to better teach the new kids coming in the next year.. why not have them take a few defensive firearm classes.

Teachers in OR can carry, but if they're (teachers who carry) found out, said teachers who agreed to a no weapons policy will probably be fired. However the ORS 166.2XX-3XX, if I recall correctly, protects them in some regard.

If you or anyone else wants a 19th century solution to crime, we need to have the legal provisions in place to allow us such liberty. Without legal protections in place to protect ourselves from violent/in-the-act-criminal(s) we are screwed constantly, by people who have nothing to lose.

Another jackwagon getting his 15 minutes of fame.
I wonder if we gave these stories on the news no shock power.. we'd take away the whole point the shooter was trying to make.
Obviously not NOT reporting it.. but they give the shooter this glorifying aura of evil.. however in the crazies mind its a pedestal the media places the shooter on by saying his name on air, his life story..etc.

I could see how a crazy in need of attention (even if that means his own death) could and would seek something like this.

I've mentioned in other posts, someone who does an evil evil act like this was going to do it to someone(s) somewhere with what ever they could get their hands on. The media needs to take that into account.

One more mass shooting and we'll have a real live ban on our hands.. that won't solve anything because it was put forth by emotion not logic to solve a problem much larger than just banning certain types of firearms they deem as scary.

I feel with a school shooting rather than a public setting mass shooting it would be very easy to recognize the shooter or who doesn't belong there, especially at an elementary school where all the kids are real young.

At least someone could have knocked that punks dick in the dirt.

I think the media should start with saying worthless piece of garbage did xxxx don't use his name this may slow some people who want their 15 min of fame.

more people are killed on the highway are you ready to give up your mode of transportation?

The data your using Is for accidents that are not premeditated or targeted. That's a null argument.

I think that everyone on this forum can agree that people, not guns are the problem. We need to reflect further on how to limit and control that deviant percentage that has no business having access to firearms. If i remember correctly the 2nd dictates that we have a "well regulated militia".

There is a very specific disturbed demographic committing these atrocities.

The data your using Is for accidents that are not premeditated or targeted. That's a null argument.

I think that everyone on this forum can agree that people, not guns are the problem. We need to reflect further on how to limit and control that deviant percentage that has no business having access to firearms. If i remember correctly the 2nd dictates that we have a "well regulated militia".

There is a very specific disturbed demographic committing these atrocities.

so drunk drivers are an accident not self inflicted, drug users are an accident, running from the cops was an accident, people were killed by someone making a choice that is not an accident that was voluntary they instigated the problem. because they decided that anyone instead of a particular person it an accident.

I do have a question...does anyone wonder why there has been so many shootings this year? not counting the bow attack of course but to me it seems like more attacks on people with rifles,handguns, etc than usual. This one seems to be the worse (not to say the others were not). I just worry people will blame the weapons not the person...

Best I could find researching we have had 15 or so this year and we average about 20 a year

I thought it was interesting how many are in california given how strict of gun control they have
Mass shootings in the U.S. by state, 1976 to 2010 - JSOnline

so drunk drivers are an accident not self inflicted, drug users are an accident, running from the cops was an accident, people were killed by someone making a choice that is not an accident that was voluntary they instigated the problem. because they decided that anyone instead of a particular person it an accident.

Ok, how many kids were killed in their classroom today by drunk drivers crashing into their classroom. How many deranged murderers purposefully cleared out an entire classroom with in the 84 Buick LaSabre in the last 5 years? Google it. I'll wait.

Ok, how many kids were killed in their classroom today by drunk drivers crashing into their classroom. How many deranged murderers purposefully cleared out an entire classroom with in the 84 Buick LaSabre in the last 5 years? Google it. I'll wait.
Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen if a gun ban goes into effect. If someone is going to kill, they'll find a way to do it.

I managed a chuckle on an otherwise super sad day. That's the same page that's been circling our office. He had thousands of posts on his profile picture calling him a POS. Oops.

I'm so sad for the parents. I hope the children died quick and pray the lord wraps them in his loving arms. I have an elementary age child and the idea of loosing him like this makes my stomach turn. I hate the idea of dropping him off at a gun free zone every morning. I so wish they would have armed security at the very least, or a couple admins that are trained to carry.

Did you really join a gun forum to argue for gun control? :confused:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top