JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1355510637907_zpsae284017.jpg

My heart absolutely breaks for the victims. Even the kids that were unharmed by the shooter will not be un-changed by the events. 1st thru 4th graders... It makes me cry to think that there are monsters out there that would kill children. I do not understand the evil that seems to be growing in this country.

Does anyone now doubt that we are witnessing the beginning? Our society is breaking down right in front of our very eyes.

And to those of you Pro- 2A folks that frequent this forum that are saying now is not the time to enter the debate, I say that if we don't speak now the only ones being heard will be the pro ban fanatics that are determined to take away our constitutional rights. It's sad, but it is true.

You can't spank your kids when they misbehave - positive reinforcement my A$$. Children need to know there are consequences, sometimes very serious consequences.

No Losers in T-Ball. Really? I've got new for you JACK, there are ALWAYS winners and losers and children need to know that.

All you need to do is get 60% correct to "Pass" in school (as we all know, these days everyone passes because we don't want kids to feel like a failure). I say bubblegum. Come on, we need to set the standard a little higher than that. When I went to school, the embarrassment of being held back a grade was all the motivation I needed.

The problem is with people. Today's parents are the ones that were raised to believe all of the BS I mentioned above, and their kids are being raised the same way. The problem will only continue to get worse until society implodes and the government strips us of our rights and takes control of EVERYTHING, "for our own good".

Ok, how many kids were killed in their classroom today by drunk drivers crashing into their classroom. How many deranged murderers purposefully cleared out an entire classroom with in the 84 Buick LaSabre in the last 5 years? Google it. I'll wait.

the point is people are getting killed and using your thought process then if I take a rifle and fire it in the air that is an accident because I didn't have an intended target. that has happened before and people have died so is that an accident ?

Did you really join a gun forum to argue for gun control? :confused:

I'm not arguing for gun control, I did argue against an early post trying to portray random vehicle deaths to premeditated assault using a deadly weapon as the same thing. Please see the early posts to see the history. Nowhere in this thread did I say I wanted to ban guns for any individual in any way.

And to answer your question completely I joined this board to use check the buy/sell/trade forums for rifles.

I can say this is my last post on this forum. I cannot believe anyone here is talking pro or con gun control. Many members here prove how sick the people of the USA have become. This is an awful event that should make everyone pause and reach for their loved ones, yes this happens everyday around the world, but this is our yard, Gun owners should stand up not to defend their rights but to lead with responsibility.

You that are crying about new legislation on this day are disgusting!!!!!

Good bye

the point is people are getting killed and using your thought process then if I take a rifle and fire it in the air that is an accident because I didn't have an intended target. that has happened before and people have died so is that an accident ?

Actually no. I was replying to your thought process from an earlier post: "more people are killed on the highway are you ready to give up your mode of transportation?" no, I'm not. I'm also not ready to give up by 10 or so firearms. But using arguments that have no relation to each other to prove a point doesn't work. That's why another poster here called you out on it and why I also replied in kind.

I believe that is prudent to take this day as a day of mourning. Jumping in on the ban/no ban debate immediately after a tragedy has transpired is going to fuel irrational emotion driven responses rather than well thought out/well researched points of view. No matter what side of the fence you're on let's all take a little time to process our thoughts and feelings.

Just my thoughts on whats transpired. I understand the overhwehlming frustration and the need to defend our rights and freedoms.

It absolutly DOES matter, a few bad ppl does not mean we should throw out our CONSTITUTION! Even if we did these losers will use the next thing (ie a knife or a bow and arrow) The proof is in the pudding. Incidents like this only prove we live in horrible times and we ALL need to be armed. If this school wasnt such a "soft target" and had SOME TYPE of SECURITY this could have been prevented. Its ppl that fight to take guns from the LAW ABIDING CITIZENS that choose to lay down and take it up the @$$ when stuff like this happens. if guns are outlawed only the outlaws will have guns, its not some catchy slogan its a fact!
Yes, I am familiar with all these arguments. I was merely offering what the situation likely looks like from the perspective of someone who rejects the idea of an armed society. It's a complicated issue.

Actually no. I was replying to your thought process from an earlier post: "more people are killed on the highway are you ready to give up your mode of transportation?" no, I'm not. I'm also not ready to give up by 10 or so firearms. But using arguments that have no relation to each other to prove a point doesn't work. That's why another poster here called you out on it and why I also replied in kind.

you mean (The data your using Is for accidents that are not premeditated or targeted. That's a null argument)
so like I stated if I take a rifle and fire it in the air that is an accident because I didn't have an intended target. That was an accident then.

It's idealism people. A psychopath WILL find a way to kill a lot of people if that's his goal. Guns or not.

Take guns away and you're going to have psychopaths + internet access developing home brewed explosives to take out large numbers of people.

In this day and age, with the world this populated, there is going to be plenty of uprisings of psychopaths. People who were isolated and beaten growing up and given every reason to hate the world they live in... the ingredients that foster mental illnesses/psychopathic behavior. It's just the reality of the world we live in. With the amount of resources available people who want to kill large amounts of people will find a way.

And news keeps getting everything wrong as far as body count, dead vs. injured and suspects. So I'd wait until tomorrow actually to get more details.

I can say this is my last post on this forum. I cannot believe anyone here is talking pro or con gun control. Many members here prove how sick the people of the USA have become. This is an awful event that should make everyone pause and reach for their loved ones, yes this happens everyday around the world, but this is our yard, Gun owners should stand up not to defend their rights but to lead with responsibility.

You that are crying about new legislation on this day are disgusting!!!!!

Good bye

I guess I'm having a tough time understanding your outrage. Maybe if this weren't a firearms forum but this is a discussion about a tragedy that was perpetrated with firearms. It's going to be part of the discussion. Little children dying needlessly is tragic but we all process it the best we can. For some that means one thing for others it means something different.

CBS's Bob Schieffer is calling the weapons fully automatic...
These folks don't miss a chance...
Reported the wrong guy, wrong weapons, wrong solutions...
I think they should band the government controlled media.
And Zero crying crocodile tears! If they were tears at all, they were tears of joy because he just couldn't believe he got one more reason to take away our second amendment rights...

more people are killed on the highway are you ready to give up your mode of transportation?

I know what you're saying, but I'd be careful using this comparison as someone who is pro-gun because a) there are probably more rules and regulations for driving than for guns, and b) a lot of these rules have been proven to reduce the number of traffic-related deaths substantially.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top