JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone have an educated guess as to when a verdict might be in? I have to head into a large urban area with horrible traffic tomorrow. I do not want to be stuck there when the verdict is read if it goes the way it should. I'm afraid the reaction from the "urbanites" might be less than peaceful

Probably wouldn't hurt to learn the backroads around such an area if you are concerned with it.

Some pundits are thinking it will be quick. Closing arguments today (Thursday), then it could be as early as Friday. I wouldn't worry too much before then, but it's always good to be on the safe side.

I was downtown Seattle the day WTO opened, and I was fortunate to get out of there before things got out of hand. Could get ugly.

Anyone have an educated guess as to when a verdict might be in? I have to head into a large urban area with horrible traffic tomorrow. I do not want to be stuck there when the verdict is read if it goes the way it should. I'm afraid the reaction from the "urbanites" might be less than peaceful

Not likely until Friday afternoon, if not the weekend/Monday.

And unless you're traveling to Miami, you probably don't have much to worry about.

Not sure that all protests will be racially aligned. I'm pretty sure that this forum is not very racially diverse so would have to assume that those against Zimmerman are, for the most part, white. For those on the Martin side, it sounds like they will be pushing the concept of preemptive attacks. That would be the assumption that Martin was justified in attacking Zimmerman since he reported him as "a creepy white guy".

There is also a disturbing undercurrent when it comes to level of violence. Some here have made the insinuation that if you can't handle a broken nose and your skull being smashed into the concrete, then you're not much of a man. They seem to be saying that the above is just the type of friendly jostling that they and their friends engage in when just messing around.

So you'd follow a guy for being the wrong color in your neighborhood, provoke him when he confronts you, and then shoot him when he decides to settle it like "men?" At least Zimmerman waited until he started losing the fight he started.

Good lord, another bleeding heart leftist. Does the MSM put you up to being here?
Let the trial run its course. You were Not there. The case is little more than a mockery and there will be more than ample reasons for appeal by Zimmerman if found guilty. Anyone here may some day be in the same situation. The mentality of this nation is seriously messed up. Criminals NEED to have fear that people will no longer tolerate their crap.

Good lord, another bleeding heart leftist. Does the MSM put you up to being here?
Let the trial run its course. You were Not there. The case is little more than a mockery and there will be more than ample reasons for appeal by Zimmerman if found guilty. Anyone here may some day be in the same situation. The mentality of this nation is seriously messed up. Criminals NEED to have fear that people will no longer tolerate their crap.

What crime was Martin committing?

Good testified Friday morning that he believes he saw Trayvon Martin on top of Zimmerman, furiously punching the man who is claiming self-defense in the trial.
Unless Zim started the fight, (following/observing someone isn't a crime.), then Martin was assaulting Zim. That is a crime. No one came out saying they saw zim start hitting TM.
I have an open mind but the facts are not there to convict.

He was not of that community and it was Zimmerman's job to protect the community. He committed the crime of turning around and assaulting Zimmerman. That is where the actual crime began. Assault is still a crime even if you are black, contrary to what obumm tells you. :-\

The whole reason that the neighborhood watch had been formed was because there had been an increase in break-ins and theft. It was a gated community, there should not be any outsiders just walking around. That is the reason that Zimmerman, a member of the neighborhood watch was interested in a person that was not a member of that gated community, but was walking through someone's yard in it.

Was Martin up to no-good? Zimmerman did not know, so he investigated and called the police. Did Zimmerman "pick on" Martin because he was black? I doubt it, he went to investigate Martin because Zimmerman did not know who he was, and if he did/or did not/ belong where he was.

Martin's juvy record was suppressed, but he did have one. He was not the clean high school football player they are trying to paint he as. IMHO he was totally capable of attacking Zimmerman.

It really does not matter anyway, Zimmerman must be found guilty "Beyond any reasonable doubt" and there is plenty of doubt as to what actually happened. He (just like you would be, if you are in court) is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty beyond any reasonable doubt. This prosecutor has NOT proven anything. Even the lamestream media understands that, that is why they are playing up the race riot garbage.

What I don't get (and I hope the jury does) is why even with the persecution witnesses having helped the defense people can't see it. EVERYTHING points to TM being on top of GZ and pounding his head against the pavement. Even if GZ instigated the fight he still has a right to defend himself against a possible deadly beating.

What I don't get (and I hope the jury does) is why even with the persecution witnesses having helped the defense people can't see it. EVERYTHING points to TM being on top of GZ and pounding his head against the pavement. Even if GZ instigated the fight he still has a right to defend himself against a possible deadly beating.

Correct. People just don't get it.

I just hope this whole thing ends soon because I am tired of all the BS. One brown male kills another.... so what? lots of colored people are killed everyday in this country and we don't care about it.... why do we care so much about GZ and TM? because the presstitute media is brainwashing us... that's why. I am proud to say I don't fallow this BS reality show on TV. I have better things to do.... such as personally pleasuring myself because when I am done, I have something to show for it!!!

Why doesn't anyone care about the million+ brown people who were killed in the middle east? are their lives less important?

This whole thing is being used to start up a race war.... "white vs. black". You got the traitor and chief saying something like, oh if I had a son, he would be like TM..... please! if you cared, you wouldn't drone innocent people. Lets not worry about this great country going to h e l l, lets not worry about loosing our "rights" but let's worry about one idiot killing another.

They are letting this thing build up to a crescendo. Starts out with a few noble sign people but the thugs will be along soon. This is going to be made for TV mini race riot. The media is chomping at the bit over it.

Well, I hope that those who chose not to arm themselves learn a lesson if there is rioting. I also hope that the "communities" that riot are hit incredibly hard with a backhand that knocks some of them into the stone age. If anyone wants to find a "creep-*** cracker" go ahead and travel to Sprague River. We Stand Our Ground here as well.

Enough speculation. Let the animals attack. To those of you that are getting ready to scream racism, those animals are anyone rioting. It has nothing to do with color. Only if you and yours are human enough to make and do for yourself. That those threatening violence are all of a specific description is no one's fault but their own. Enough being scared and coddling terroristic threats. Would your Twitter account be left alone if you threatened Al Sharpton' life? You would have the Fuzz at your door. Where are the cops that are arresting those threatening to murder Zimmerman or any "cracker"(which is a derogatory term for a Southern White. It means nothing to a Yankee.)? I wish the sub-species would have the balls to come to my neck of the woods.

Easy. Assault. That's a felony. Zimmerman is allowed to use deadly force to protect himself from someone committing a felony.

Following a suspicious person in your neighborhood is lawful. Assault is not.

The question is simply who threw the first punch? If Martin did its self defense. If Zimmerman did then its manslaughter.

Why doesn't anyone care about the million+ brown people who were killed in the middle east? are their lives less important?

This whole thing is being used to start up a race war.... "white vs. black". You got the traitor and chief saying something like, oh if I had a son, he would be like TM..... please! if you cared, you wouldn't drone innocent people. Lets not worry about this great country going to h e l l, lets not worry about loosing our "rights" but let's worry about one idiot killing another.

I totally , totally agree!!!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR