JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just found this thread. I was close to the Kobe earthquake in '95 (20 years have passed already....?). It was amazing to see which buildings failed, which didn't, and why. One of the really interesting take-aways for me was the preferred mode of transportation: Small dirt bikes, because they can go anywhere, even on mangled railway tracks. You guys who look for bicycles are assuming smooth surfaces, which will be long gone. 4 wheeled vehicles are useless, also.

I often see threads about bug-out bags and the like, practicing your various skills. Learning how to (or remembering how to) ride dirt bikes is surprisingly important.

I just found this thread. I was close to the Kobe earthquake in '95 (20 years have passed already....?). It was amazing to see which buildings failed, which didn't, and why. One of the really interesting take-aways for me was the preferred mode of transportation: Small dirt bikes, because they can go anywhere, even on mangled railway tracks. You guys who look for bicycles are assuming smooth surfaces, which will be long gone. 4 wheeled vehicles are useless, also.

I often see threads about bug-out bags and the like, practicing your various skills. Learning how to (or remembering how to) ride dirt bikes is surprisingly important.
I quoted this to the BOV thread,cause the mpg makes then near perfect

I was in Portland recently, and noticed that the new trolley bridge appears to be the most earthquake-resistant crossing. I don't know if the footings go to bedrock, but if they do, it might be the only one left.

So let me get this straight... someone abducted me, drugged me, convinced me to buy an ipod and then dropped me off at pioneer square just before a massive earthquake? Man, talk about a day that's too horrible for words. I'm sure when I sober up I'll be really pissed about the ipod and being anywhere near pioneer square.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top