JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They promptly disregarded the will of the voters and passed their own agenda.
Tis true, but one of the 6 initiatives is reversing the carbon tax. Getting one initiative is very challenging, get 6 across the finish line should send a message that none of them can ignore. They want us defeated mentally; we all need a little more perseverance.

Dealers and end users alike. More so the end users lately, but the FFLS complaints are still commonplace. Earlier today, got cussed up and down that wouldn't email a 1143 certificate to a dealers client...said I can't. 1) that's how we keep it free for 178,000+ folks that have done it. 2) I cannot verify that he took the class, unless he completes it online. Said I was terrible and just trying to make money off people (um, its free, I paid for all of it...including the software licensing and system maintenance). I told him if he wants to sell that fellow a firearm, HE could help the client with the class...his reply "I don't have time for that". NO good deed goes unpunished. That situation happens, in one form or another EVERY day, often several times a day.

🤦‍♂️Wow. First of all, nice to see you on this site. I didn't expect this. Just took your class. The instructions and limitations were more than prominent. As far as weird reactions, those of us who had a misfortune of owning and running a retail business.... you come across all kinds of people. Is it something they put in the water supply, I wonder.

"They are also ironic , since they have no doubt created many more "criminals" out of otherwise law abiding folks who choose to disobey a firearm law , ban , requirement , etc....and do as they wish / always have done with firearms.

Owning and enjoying firearms is not a crime....
It is good to remember that , when in the face of those who wish that to be the case.
Andy"

Thank you all who have posted thoughtful replies. Some good points have been made and I appreciate your insight.

One of the obvious concerns is Andy's point above, and where that is leading. When WA institutes an "assault weapon" registration requirement, many folks are going to have to make a choice. When not registering becomes a crime in this state, owning and enjoying your firearms WILL become a crime for some people. And when those people buy ammo and law enforcement connects the dots and come to see what gun you are putting that 5.56 ammo in, the choices get even harder.

This is not going to end well. I am angered that the choices may one day inevitably be move, submit, or die.

So here is a question for you, as we look into the future. There is already all sorts of differing tourism industries. Here in WA we have whale watching tourism where the primary reason as a destination is narrowly focused on whale watching. Same with fishing. As gun prices rise, and gun ownership becomes more difficult, and the gun owning population ages out, will an industry spring up around gun sale tourism? Will dealers in Texas, AZ or ID set up a scenario where you email them or upload to their website what you have to sell, and they offer you a package of travel cost reimbursement, lodging, meals, and maybe a trip to a local shooting range for one last session with your firearms? Will grandpa load up the SUV with all the guns that local WA dealers who know they have you over a barrel and only offer a fraction of their value (and who don't have a local market to sell them), and drive them to a gun-friendly state where they can be easily sold for enough more to make the trip worthwhile?

Or maybe bundle a feral hog hunt with your firearm sale?

I can see it happening. You heard it here first.
You can always drive your for sale guns over to a private sale state, add a couple hundred to each one and cash in

I struggle with this daily...I get up and fight the legislature, rally people, educate people, file lawsuits, provide free classes and then get attacked harder by the 2A crowd than I do the anti gunners. Its exhausting, and its very difficult to get back up and do it again the next day. The tank is running dry.
I know exactly how you feel.

Tis true, but one of the 6 initiatives is reversing the carbon tax. Getting one initiative is very challenging, get 6 across the finish line should send a message that none of them can ignore. They want us defeated mentally; we all need a little more perseverance.
The legislature is going full on temper tantrum about these.

If the initiative is something they want, zero scrutiny no matter how illegal it was.

If not, everything they should've thrown at i594 & i1639 (for example) they are throwing at these ones.

So what if we reverse the carbon tax through the initiative process? The voters rejected the carbon tax, through that process, once before. What did the legislature do? They passed a carbon tax, giving us some of the highest gas prices in the nation.
We have lost representative government in wa state. Our state and federal constitutions are little more than buttwipe to our elected demons in oly.
Maybe this cycle will be different?
I doubt that VERY much!
"Make Pitchforks and Torches Great Again!"

So what if we reverse the carbon tax through the initiative process? The voters rejected the carbon tax, through that process, once before. What did the legislature do? They passed a carbon tax, giving us some of the highest gas prices in the nation.
We have lost representative government in wa state. Our state and federal constitutions are little more than buttwipe to our elected demons in oly.
Maybe this cycle will be different?
We need to "Make Pitchforks and Torches Great Again!"
The D legislators will tax the piss out of everything if they can. NY now has congestion charges. It costs you $15 just to be there.

The D legislators will tax the piss out of everything if they can. NY now has congestion charges. It costs you $15 just to be there.

Seattle HOV lanes, $15 charge.

I struggle with this daily...I get up and fight the legislature, rally people, educate people, file lawsuits, provide free classes and then get attacked harder by the 2A crowd than I do the anti gunners. Its exhausting, and its very difficult to get back up and do it again the next day. The tank is running dry.
Keep fighting the good fight, thank you.

How can we fill it up for you?

Mr. Heywood the hedge fund multi millionaire certainly put his money to a good use and was able to change some laws in WA just now: income tax, police pursuits, parental rights. I do hope he likes guns, hard to tell.

Facts

89b78d2f36d81e8c8ee9170fccb85183.jpg

Mr. Heywood the hedge fund multi millionaire certainly put his money to a good use and was able to change some laws in WA just now: income tax, police pursuits, parental rights. I do hope he likes guns, hard to tell.
He does. In 2022 we ran 11 initiatives (one was a pro gun inititiaitve), it was too many and we hadn't figured out the right processes to be successful. Lets Go Washington fine tuned it for 2023 and was massively successful. I met Mr Heywood in the early phases of that, along with Glen Morgan. Mr Heywood is both a supporter, and a customer...just saying. Good things for next year coming around.

When the legislature is done, it gets better. When the Fudds stop complaint about the gun laws, it will get better. A few of the 9th circuit cases and SCOTUS cases get settled, it will be much better. As more people complete the HB1143 class, we wont have to answer (argue with)the questions from FFLS and end users about the law/class/certificate. This time of year is just tought sometimes, and we need a few big wins. Appreciate the sentiment of your statement.

I may have stumbled on a way. I stopped at Sporting Systems and bought a couple magazines today. A small stream of urine in a large creek, I suppose. But I found a need for a 6.5 Grendel mag, and they had two!
I cleaned em' out. Now, I need to start saving for that stainless Rossi 92 in .357!

Thanks for all you do, there are many inclduign myself who appreciate it! I particularly sympathize with sentiment to educate people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top