JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Optics on the three .25-06's here are a 4x-12xAO on the Winchester 70 XTR (a relatively "new" gun to me), and my Browning B78 originally I outfitted with a garden-variety Leupold 3x-9x (because as a young working man that is all I could afford new).

More recently, the racehorse is saddled for the race with a 6.5-20xAO, and my father's practical choice for his Ruger Number 1 was a 3.5-10x. An early Leupold Custom Shop product, it is inscribed, "Made expressly for..." (Dad's name).

This picture illustrates well that despite their 26" barrels, the single-shot guns are of a shorter overall length than the long-action bolt gun with its 24". The tiny B78 action even beats the beefier Ruger for overall length. Special editions of the Browning actually had 28" barrels, and the .25-06 CAN make use of it.

The cartridge's purposes are arrived at with speed, precision, and long range capability. These rifles and optics allow it to do just that.

1686928012898.png

I was at the Hillsboro gun show yesterday and found a Leopold 3-9-40 scope, 1000 LRM primers and 3 Lbs of IMR 7828 SSC for the 25-06. That should be all I need other than time to put this project together and get started shooting it. I'm not familar with the powder but it looks to be a good one.

I got the scope all mounted up. I went with the leupold back country rings. I've not used this type before the bottom half of the rings is the mount but it made sense to me so I thought I'd give them a try.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews