JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly - and it's not just the current gun owners they are concentrating on but are working on a 'trickle down' effect to negatively influence younger generations away from gun ownership, or any interest in it at all - and it is working.
You are right and it is very sad. I am 69 years old and lived the first 62 years in Texas. Without going all "old man nostalgic" here, I thank God every day I grew up when and where I did, with the positive exposure to and pleasure from guns starting at a very early age. Especially here in WA today, even if one tries to be super positive and careful about how guns and shooting are presented to your kids, they have eyes and ears and can't help but see all the overwhelming negative noise about guns. The likelihood of the next generation being able and willing to carry the 2A torch is not encouraging.

You're right in that I did make an assumption - that you were speaking for yourself and saying that since you cannot control the trajectory of the anti 2A situation here then you just focus on your own situation and don't attempt to change it or make it better. But maybe you were quoting some pop culture reference that is a code for something else. Or some other thing I don't know about. If so you are right I have no idea. I tend to be more of a linear, plain speaking person rather than someone who speaks in code or abstraction.
You can drive yourself to the madhouse worrying about the next big infringement. Both political parties and news media outlets want to keep everyone spun up and of the mind the whole world is about to collapse - it's good for business.

You control what you can control in your daily life. That doesn't mean you don't stay vigilant and help out the groups that can genuinely fight the infringers, but getting your blood pressure up about things that are out of your immediate control only harms YOU, not the ones who are pushing this stuff.

You can drive yourself to the madhouse worrying about the next big infringement. Both political parties and news media outlets want to keep everyone spun up and of the mind the whole world is about to collapse - it's good for business.

You control what you can control in your daily life. That doesn't mean you don't stay vigilant and help out the groups that can genuinely fight the infringers, but getting your blood pressure up about things that are out of your immediate control only harms YOU, not the ones who are pushing this stuff.
Thank you. Agreed and accepted in the constructive and caring spirit in which it was offered.

I struggle with this daily...I get up and fight the legislature, rally people, educate people, file lawsuits, provide free classes and then get attacked harder by the 2A crowd than I do the anti gunners. Its exhausting, and its very difficult to get back up and do it again the next day. The tank is running dry.

We need a feature so I can like this twice.

Damn. Spot. On

Just occurred to me another positive thing people could do is create basic private shooting places on private land. If we had enough of them these laws wouldn't mean that much (except for obtaining new guns legally and I suppose transport to and from). Places where poeple who are safe can shoot. Just a thought.

I struggle with this daily...I get up and fight the legislature, rally people, educate people, file lawsuits, provide free classes and then get attacked harder by the 2A crowd than I do the anti gunners. Its exhausting, and its very difficult to get back up and do it again the next day. The tank is running dry.
Who in the 2A crowd is attacking you? Sounds like someone needs a head slap!

View: https://youtu.be/gZwYmlR9Lh8?feature=shared

@Sporting Systems

Sometimes you just need to pull the rip cord and get some margin in your life, ask for help, give responsibility to others. You're one man and no one can do it alone.

Often a 1 week break is just the medicine needed.

BTW, you've been pulling more than your own weight for as long as I can remember.

Who in the 2A crowd is attacking you? Sounds like someone needs a head slap!

View: https://youtu.be/gZwYmlR9Lh8?feature=shared
Dealers and end users alike. More so the end users lately, but the FFLS complaints are still commonplace. Earlier today, got cussed up and down that wouldn't email a 1143 certificate to a dealers client...said I can't. 1) that's how we keep it free for 178,000+ folks that have done it. 2) I cannot verify that he took the class, unless he completes it online. Said I was terrible and just trying to make money off people (um, its free, I paid for all of it...including the software licensing and system maintenance). I told him if he wants to sell that fellow a firearm, HE could help the client with the class...his reply "I don't have time for that". NO good deed goes unpunished. That situation happens, in one form or another EVERY day, often several times a day.

The powder prices seemed to be lower than I expected but not cheap.
Cabela's in Tulalip Monday, they had one (1) bottle of IMR powder on the shelf, 4064. $50. But cheaper than Powder Valley.

Worrying about things I can actually control.
Yes. I've gotten used to trying to roll with the punches. At my age, waking up one more time is a daily blessing. So if there is a comforting thought about gun ownership in Warshington state, it's that I don't have all that many more years to worry about it personally. Moving is not an option for me; I have too many other reasons outside of gun ownership to keep me here.

Coming up on the tail end of this legislative session, and knowing that next year our legislature will drive the final nails into the coffin -- permits to purchase, registration of our "assault weapons," one gun a month limit, stricter training requirements to own firearms, possibly even a training requirement for CPLs, probably look to get rid of the CPL exemption on the carry restrictions in "sensitive places," and more -- it is incredibly difficult to stay positive.
Yes, we got a one year reprieve so we'd better enjoy it while we can.

Single shot I would guess
Yes, I have bought several in the past year or so. I used to have fun with M1A's but I can also have fun with one shot at a time. I'm cheating, I kept a couple of M1 Rifles.

I'm still in the market for a .243 Win., and that may just be a Henry SS.

Staying positive....

I am positive that I enjoy the firearms I have....

I am positive that it will be a PITA to buy the next firearm I want*....

I am positive that I will continue to vote pro gun....

I am positive that I am grateful for all the work @Sporting Systems has done on behalf of firearm owners.

Andy
* Well the next firearm will be easy since it is a antique rifle and exempt ...
However when I fall in love with my next modern 20 gauge grouse shotgun...that will be a PITA....

Please keep fighting the fight, brother. MOST of us appreciate you beyond words.

Dealers and end users alike. More so the end users lately, but the FFLS complaints are still commonplace. Earlier today, got cussed up and down that wouldn't email a 1143 certificate to a dealers client...said I can't. 1) that's how we keep it free for 178,000+ folks that have done it. 2) I cannot verify that he took the class, unless he completes it online. Said I was terrible and just trying to make money off people (um, its free, I paid for all of it...including the software licensing and system maintenance). I told him if he wants to sell that fellow a firearm, HE could help the client with the class...his reply "I don't have time for that". NO good deed goes unpunished. That situation happens, in one form or another EVERY day, often several times a day.

The single best piece of advice I have ever received in my life was from my grandfather who said "take it from whom it comes."

Hang in there! You are appreciated.

They, the system/matrix likes to control you. One tool they use is fear. Ya ya ya, most of us have something to lose. But some chose to live as a free individual. My government supports terrorism, And you expect me to listen to them and have them tell me what to do?
God created me and only God tells me what to do. I am not a danger to myself or to the general public, but the government is.

I say let them make whatever laws, but we the people don't have to follow. Do what you want, just be smart enough to not get in trouble. And be ready to fight…… take that hypothetically or literally, it's up to you.

"They are also ironic , since they have no doubt created many more "criminals" out of otherwise law abiding folks who choose to disobey a firearm law , ban , requirement , etc....and do as they wish / always have done with firearms.

Owning and enjoying firearms is not a crime....
It is good to remember that , when in the face of those who wish that to be the case.
Andy"

Thank you all who have posted thoughtful replies. Some good points have been made and I appreciate your insight.

One of the obvious concerns is Andy's point above, and where that is leading. When WA institutes an "assault weapon" registration requirement, many folks are going to have to make a choice. When not registering becomes a crime in this state, owning and enjoying your firearms WILL become a crime for some people. And when those people buy ammo and law enforcement connects the dots and come to see what gun you are putting that 5.56 ammo in, the choices get even harder.

This is not going to end well. I am angered that the choices may one day inevitably be move, submit, or die.

So here is a question for you, as we look into the future. There is already all sorts of differing tourism industries. Here in WA we have whale watching tourism where the primary reason as a destination is narrowly focused on whale watching. Same with fishing. As gun prices rise, and gun ownership becomes more difficult, and the gun owning population ages out, will an industry spring up around gun sale tourism? Will dealers in Texas, AZ or ID set up a scenario where you email them or upload to their website what you have to sell, and they offer you a package of travel cost reimbursement, lodging, meals, and maybe a trip to a local shooting range for one last session with your firearms? Will grandpa load up the SUV with all the guns that local WA dealers who know they have you over a barrel and only offer a fraction of their value (and who don't have a local market to sell them), and drive them to a gun-friendly state where they can be easily sold for enough more to make the trip worthwhile?

Or maybe bundle a feral hog hunt with your firearm sale?

I can see it happening. You heard it here first.
Good ideas, especially about hogs. I would go. But most gun dealers work the old fashioned way. Or lack capital.

DB is Here wrote:
"It gives one hope to see the State legislature be put back in its place, in large part because of our ability to bypass them & Inslee w/ the
initiative process."
Most recently the voters bypassed dimslee and the legislature on the carbon tax and $30 car tabs.

They promptly disregarded the will of the voters and passed their own agenda.
I no longer have faith in the power of the ballot box.

That's precisely what the tyrants hope for. Thank you for all you do, and please, keep fighting the good fight!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top