JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife's turn. She now wants a CC handgun of her own, so she doesn't have to shoot mine. Still searching for the perfect gun for her. Concealable, but yet a range gun as well so she's not stuck shooting at 7 Yards.

I'm looking at replacing my Rem 700 stock with a Magpul hunter stock if they ever hit stores.
I also want to pick up a TNW Aero survival rifle in 9mm, and an AR10 with a 20" barrel.
Well I also need a carbine AR barrel to finish my other AR15 build.

Just ordered a new CZ97 .45acp

:s0155::s0155:

You'll love it! The triggers can need a bit of work, but will smooth out with rounds fired. I have the 75, SA/DA, decocker in .40. I read that holding some pressure on the hammer and dry firing smooths it out, and it does.

When I clean it I'm amazed at how the slide moves on the frame like oiled glass sheets would move together. That's the best way I can think of to describe it anyway.

An assembled AK74 Bulgarian kit, chambered in 5.56x45mm, with the new Magpul Zhukov folding stock, the MFT pistol grip and bolt-down Handguards, all in black. I'd like to have the receiver and everything that mounts to the barrel stripped and refinished in Cerakote or Gun Kote or the like.
"Your parents put it together". Ha!

My wife's turn. She now wants a CC handgun of her own, so she doesn't have to shoot mine. Still searching for the perfect gun for her. Concealable, but yet a range gun as well so she's not stuck shooting at 7 Yards.

I was stuck with that problem for a long time and took the wrong road. I kept buying guns I thought are cool and she hated. All the little "cute" guns just did not do it for range or comfort. Ended up that she like a CZ 75 compact and a 2" snubbie revolver.

Until I let her shoot a bunch of mine and my brothers guns I would have never guessed they would be her ideal carry. She is pretty damn good with the CZ now too. I have to watch my mouth a little more.

Light days in summer she grabs the LCR. Mostly the CZ or SP101 which she prefers way over the LCR.

I was stuck with that problem for a long time and took the wrong road. I kept buying guns I thought are cool and she hated. All the little "cute" guns just did not do it for range or comfort. Ended up that she like a CZ 75 compact and a 2" snubbie revolver.

I know a friend of a friend who happens to be female. She went for the LCP as her purse gun, or as she calls it, her LCRP, the Little Cute Reticule Pistol. For regular carry, she went with the Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact in 40s&.

I know a friend of a friend who happens to be female. She went for the LCP as her purse gun, or as she calls it, her LCRP, the Little Cute Reticule Pistol. For regular carry, she went with the Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact in 40s&.

For me the LCP has its place. When I ride my bicycle or any of my motorcycles I carried the LCP for a long time. I switched to the Sig 238 kinda recently but if you just want easy to hide and low cost protection I think the LCP is a good little gun....So long as you have a laser on it.

I have had at least 4 of them and they always work great. Just like the Sig better now but there was a time when I would never spend so much more for a gun. Then again I love pocket guns. Seems the wife is the one who finds them too cute.

Edited to add that the PX4 store sub 40 was one of my purchases. Carried great but I left the range bloody too often from freaking slide bite on that gun. Big hands and some sub compacts are not a good choice. The LCP with extended grip does not bite me yet that damn 40 did every time.

Curious where you would get ammo for that 14ga.? I have a couple of 16ga. shotguns and Bimart carries ammo, but 12 & 20 cost less. Still like taking the 16s out though.

And I was wrong. Saw an old sears J.C. Higgins shotgun on gunbroker, just sent the money order & FFL copy today.

Plus I recently found out Marlin is again making something I want. The X54R Vepre may be a while off.

Don

Curious where you would get ammo for that 14ga.? I have a couple of 16ga. shotguns and Bimart carries ammo, but 12 & 20 cost less. Still like taking the 16s out though.

And I was wrong. Saw an old sears J.C. Higgins shotgun on gunbroker, just sent the money order & FFL copy today.

Plus I recently found out Marlin is again making something I want. The X54R Vepre may be a while off.

Don

If I wanted to make cartridges all the components are to be found at TOTW.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top