JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have small hands and short fingers and I love my Beretta M9 and also my P35 Hipower. As for single stacks, My Colt m1911A1 and Officers Model work fine as well. I think its just a matter of getting comfortable with what you have. I've had SIG P220's and the decocker always struck me as awkward but I'm sure if I had kept them I would have gotten used to it. My P08 Luger is one of the most fun to shoot in my collection. The Beretta and the Officers Model are the only ones I would trust with self defense ammo unless I got some of that Federal EFMJ ammo, then all my guns would be good to go for home defense. Of course, I don't know of too many bad guys who would work so well after being center punched through the heart with either .45 or 9mm FMJ. Let the big and slow vs small and fast debate flames commence :)...

As for conceal carry, I Just got the new KEL-TEC PF9. Really like it! Thin, holds 7+1 9mm rounds, Laser/Light rail, fits into almost any pocket, yet big enough to grip well (comes with finger extension on mag.)
Can't beat the price either! Nice little guns! If anyone has the P3AT I'm interested in picking one up. There is something about these guns that really attracts me. They are very simple, rugged, yet something I really like about them besides function.

Where did you find it?? What did you pay??

Got a matched set of S&W 4013s. One for myself, one for the wife. 8+1 in .40, and extra mags don't take up much space at all. Sure my G27 was a smaller weapon, but something about the heft of a 'real' pistol makes me feel more secure.

The only guns in single stack are my .22s. Of those, I'd say my Browning Buckmark. :)

Someday I'll be able to afford a Kimber 1911, or others listed here. For now, I really like my doublestacks, but then I don't carry.

In cooler weather my preferred single stack auto for carry is my Colt Officer's Model or my Springfield Armory Loaded Ultra Compact.

ColtOfficers-1.jpg

SALoadedUC-1.jpg

In warmer weather I stick to my Kahr MK40 and in hot weather my Kahr PM9.

KahrMK40-1.jpg

KahrPM9-1.jpg

I can't imagine anyone calling the Glock 36 "blocky." All this talk about these heavy, expensive 1911's, and yet no one has called out the obvious: a 6+1 in .45ACP that's slim enough for my bride to wrap her tiny hands around. My G36 is the ultimate CCW, IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top