JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
cz 52 and tt33 both 7.62x25 for me cheap to practice with and reliable cheap to purchase , powerful 7.62x25 fmj will penetrate 54" into clay and wolf hollow points will penetrate 7" to 8" into water soaked phone books ripping and tearing all the way ! i have seen peoples targets at 100 yd,s 8" to 12" groups end of story as far as im concerned ! :)

I carry a P3AT daily and as soon as I get the funds I'll be buying another 1911, but this time in the 4.25" size.

Another stale one here! My vote is also for the Sig 225 I loved mine and sure wish I still had it. 1911 it next, heavier but undeniable as a great handgun.

For me, it's always been the Makárov (not that i've given it much competition). With the Makarov, you get a powerful-enough, compact handgun that takes cheap (plinking) ammo. Cheap, but usually only available through gun shows and mail order. When i carry, i load it with Hornady hollow tip rounds, which aren't as cheap. I got a spare .380 ACP barrel ($50, sportsman's guide) and a press ($30, makarov.com) in case things get bad enough to interfere with my getting outlandish ammunition.

This is my new favorite single stack, Sig P-6 German police trade in refinished in dessert digital camo, new grips and Trijicon night sights.:cool:

SigP-6006.jpg

My favorite used to be that nice Glock 36 my buddy Doubletap had, but he traded it off on me.:bash::D

I carry a Sig P239 40 cal, which is a single stack. I carry in a IWB VM 2, and it is extremely comfortable. I even forget I'm wearing it because it is so comfortable. I'm not what you would call a thin guy, my pants are 40 waist size. Plus the 40 cal has descent power and is fairly easy to get ammo for.

For me, it's always been the Makárov (not that i've given it much competition). With the Makarov, you get a powerful-enough, compact handgun that takes cheap (plinking) ammo. Cheap, but usually only available through gun shows and mail order. When i carry, i load it with Hornady hollow tip rounds, which aren't as cheap. I got a spare .380 ACP barrel ($50, sportsman's guide) and a press ($30, makarov.com) in case things get bad enough to interfere with my getting outlandish ammunition.

Ditto! My Mak is one of my favorites. Not a powerhouse, but extremely accurate, and it will shoot anything I put in it. I've never had a malfunction with it. Granted, a little large for the caliber, but more than makes up for it in shootability.

Oro, what you said are your opinions, not facts. Try a Hi-Power out you might be suprised. Could be you have small hands. I think you are having a little fun with us, 9mm is not a "wimpy" round. I might add you must be looking at some strange Hi-Powers because the grip width on my Hi-Power and Colt Combat Commander are the same. Hi-Powers are great pistols. Spad

Spad, you are correct. But I like my Kimber Custom Classic (series 1).

I've got a Kimber, S&W, Kahr MK 40, and a couple of Hi Powers... two in nine, and one in forty. The BHP in 40 is my favourite of all for a regular carry gun. The Kahr is smaller, the Kinber is larger, they have their places, but the BHP in 40 is my preferred. I've also recently gotten an LCP, but that's for a small pocket piece when I'm out riding my bike... small, light, nowhere near the punch of a .40 S&W round, but hey, most folks, given the choice between changing their evil plans and getting some fresh air through a .38 diameter hole will choose the former. Hardly any cyclists carry, and perps know it. There have been some incidents involving creeps waylaying cyclists up near Seattle..... imagine their surprise and horror when something even as small and feeble as the LCP is presented.... and them being detained until LEO can come onto the scene and charge them. The BHP is just too big to disappear into my jersey pocket.

Take a look at a Sig/P6, surplus German Police pistol. Single stack really nice pistols. The Sig forum has lot of info on them. Excellent gun. Don't be turned off that they are used. Another one is a Makarov, small extremely well built pistol and totally reliable. Spad

:s0155::s0155::D

I'm with ya Spad, the P6 is the greatest! I've got night sights and a LaserMax on mine. When I'm not practicing with it, it waits for me patiently locked and loaded beside my bed.

I have Pacmyer Grips on it, so it's a little thicker in the handle than most single stacks. It's a bit heavier than the new guns, which I think gives it it's great stability; not to mention that it shoots and 'feels' like a real gun.

The gun arrived rock solid, tight with a small amount of holster wear to give it 'character'. Issued 02/80. Bought for $349.95 - $405.00 'in my hand' with 2 clips and a funky German holster. Ya can't even beat the price!!

:confused:OMG- with all the heavy duty talk on a single stack--what or what not to carry-i feel like a complete geek with wanting to carry my tok. in 9 mm, but i feel very safe with this gun - i'v dumped every kind of ammo there is in this thing,and 1 in 75 might jam usually a little hopps, and i'm off and going again.if i was to load for HD-i would put in 115 rem -as this has never failed-problem is !! i think i might have to get me a new gun:s0155:- as my wife just took it away from me this weekend- she loves it-:s0155:
steven

I have two favorites.
Ruger Standard .22 Makes me be a better shooter every time.
Dan Wesson CBOB I love this gun. It just "fits".

i'll second the 239 in any caliber. i have owned a lot of sigs over the years but it's a easy one to carry. i have a kramer inside the pants holster and it works great! if you buy one of the newer ones do get a better pair of grips. the ones on the newr guns are slippery. i'm on the sig forum also and a bunch of guys have had some luck with modified factory grips. they use a soldering iron or the likes and burn into them all over and they actually don't look bad and work great. i use the houge grips.
Sig P239 in .40 S&W, or 9mm w/ Houge grips. Sig P245 in .45acp.
Kel-tec P3 AT in .380 with crimson trace!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top