JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my Mark III 22/45!!! It's been much fun too shoot, that I hate to put it down. I'll probably love it much more now that I have a mag loader!!! I must have delicate thumbs, because sore thumbs was the only thing keeping me from shooting it much longer at the range.

Ruger MKII 22/45 hands down! I've had others such as the Walther P22 with both the 3.4" barrel and 5" but that dang mag disconnect was such a pain (which is why I don't like the Ruger MKIII)

It is a .22 horse of a different color, the gun you carry when you can't carry a gun. It is so TINY, and so pretty, that it is simply amazing that it is totally reliable and accurate (relatively) with every ammo that I have tried.

I also used to have a Beretta 21A "Bobcat" which was REALLY accurate and completely reliable. I miss that one, just because it fit perfectly in my hand and shot so well............................elsullo

I've owned several .22 handguns over the years. The ones I have settled on are all S&W's.
I have a Mod.41, M51, M17, and a M317. Love them all, but the one that is always on my belt when Camping, Hunting, Fishing, or Plinking is my Mod. 317,
Airlite Kit Gun with 3"barrel, adj. sights, & Dymondwood grips.

This handy little 8 shot revolver is so light you forget you are wearing it. With a tight hold is is pretty accurate. The aluminum alloy with a super durable clearcoat is unmarked after years of use.

Don't know what more a person could ask for in a .22 handgun (except a more reasonable price).

Hands down the most fun .22 I've ever owned or shot!::s0155:

I have a Ruger 22/45 target that I like alot. Very accurate and fun to plink with.
I have the Ruger 512 Mark III 22/45. It is the target model with bull barrel. It is accurate as anything right out of the box. It is an absolute blast to shoot.
For auto, Ruger MKI, II or III, for revolver S&W K22/M17 are my top picks.
+1 on the 22/45. I had one and sold it (stupid).
I love my Mark III 22/45!!! It's been much fun too shoot, that I hate to put it down. I'll probably love it much more now that I have a mag loader!!!
Ruger MKII 22/45 hands down! I've had others such as the Walther P22 with both the 3.4" barrel and 5" but that dang mag disconnect was such a pain (which is why I don't like the Ruger MKIII)

:s0155: I also own the Ruger Mark III 22/45 Hunter. Gotta go with what works

Smith and Wesson K-22, Combat Masterpiece has a "million dollar trigger" out of the box and a trigger job will help even more, smooth as Sinatra's voice!

Beat that for about $400!

Of the ones I've owned or shot extensively.
1) Ruger Mark II or III (don't like the grip on the 22/45 at all).
2) Buckmark camper I would have rated this #1 but the slide is hard for ME to grip for some reason.
3) Ruger Charger, no other "handgun" comes close in accuracy and quietness with a suppressor. The reason I rank it #3 is that it is hard to find a holster for. HAHA.
4) Beretta 21A, nice and small like a .22lr should be. Mine is threaded for suppression, big fun.
5) Sig Mosquito, I tried to like it because it looks like a real gun and says "Sig" on the side, but those are it's only enduring qualities, very finicky and nowhere near the accuracy of the Buckmarks and Marks.
6) Walther P22, see the remarks about the Mosquito except it doesn't even LOOK like a real pistol.

Browning Buckmark URX

IMG_4538.jpg

You can't beat the Buckmark. I think they're more accurate than the Ruger and just as reliable. I have a friend that has a Walther .22 with a laser and that's a nice gun also.

There are lots of .22 revolvers out there that also work well. Some have up to 10 shots!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top