JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased a Ruger Mk 1 .22 handgun with a six inch barrel in 1961. I had to buy it on lay-away because of the high cost ($37.50). I was so happy when it was finally paid for and I could bring it home. I still have it. I have shot it gazillions of times. It works as good today as it did then. Ruger still makes a similar gun and if I needed one I would buy it. Today's cost is $350 and up! You would be hard-pressed to find better in my opinion.

Smith&Wesson made fine revovers that don't jam and shoot very straight. If you can find one you will be well pleased when you learn how to shoot it. Model 17 or variation of.

jj

Colt Woodsman, pre-WW2 both Target and Sport....above all other autos
Hi Standard HD Military
Smith and Wesson Model 41
Walther PPK (German)

Smith and Wesson Model 17....above all other revos
Smith and Wesson Models 34, 43, 63 for kit-guns

I have the Ruger 512 Mark III 22/45. It is the target model with bull barrel. It is accurate as anything right out of the box. It is an absolute blast to shoot.

I can't decide whether it or my Walther G22 rifle is more fun to shoot.

I guess I will just have to keep shooting them both to to decide on a favorite.:s0112:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

For auto, Ruger MKI, II or III, for revolver S&W K22/M17 are my top picks. The old Hi Standard and Colts were great and the S&W 41 auto is top of the line but pricey. Also like the Ruger single six and bearcat. The shorter list would be 22s that I don't like. You will have good luck with most quality brands, you just have to try some and see what you like. Bill

My Grandfather bought the one in my safe in the late 50s or early 60s. First handgun I shot. I've had several 22 pistols (revolvers and autos). Even if this one wasn't a family piece, it would have been the one I kept. Feeds anything I give it. Very accurate. If I didn't hit it, it's my fault.

I've got a bunch of them, and I tend to take them to the range a great deal. The one I like best is usually the one I have in my hand at the moment. But if push came to shove, it would either be a Walther PP or a Ruger Bearcat: two totally different critters, to be sure, but both have equal amounts of pizzazz and appeal for me.

For me favoite rovolver would be the ruger single six.
But for an auto the sig mosquito cant be beaten
with the walther p22 bringing in a close second

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top