JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok so after watching each video at least 5mins each and then skipping about between the 4 vids I can safely say that this is basically bubbas edition of OSUT.

Lacking severely in discipline, uniform/appearance standards and PT - this isn't actually too far removed from what its like when cherries enter basic training. This is the raw dog nightmare vision DS have upon getting a new slew bus loads of PVT's and what they have to witness and correctively train/drill to fix.

Other than that I see they react to contact. move in formations/wedges (more emphasis on spacing and wedge left/right would be appropriate) but basically the same concept. Wonder if they practice the battle drills. They have formation it seems to stand at attention for the flag but there is really a lack of discipline in keeping dress right dress and 40" all around and proper attention form.

Muzzle awareness is an issue a few times for some but as I said, same level you'll see with brand new PVT's entering. Gotta start somewhere...

Crawl, Walk, Run.
Hey at least I guess they're doing something....productive? even if its a bit cringe.
Documentary is from West Virginia it states in the openings.

Hey if it worked for rice farmers with SKS's in Nam and Goat herders in Afghan, why not here!

(...)

Hey if it worked for rice farmers with SKS's in Nam and Goat herders in Afghan, why not here!

I have faith in those who do hard manual labor, like the rice farmer and goat herder.

I'm not as convinced about Cubicle Carl. But, to your point: gotta start somewhere.

I have faith in those who do hard manual labor, like the rice farmer and goat herder.

I'm not as convinced about Cubicle Carl. But, to your point: gotta start somewhere.

You'd be amazed at what motivation can do for someone.

The Army trains those same bubbas/dorks/jocks etc all in one to be an effective unit regardless of many factors. As far as conventional goes.

SF does much the same while over seas in training up local militias to do much the same work only severely lacking in the same training we get officially. And it works!

Take away the firearms for training for the first 6 weeks, and we might have something worth working with! Same as Basic, crawl, walk, run your arse off, and then add in basic weapons training, again, same as basic!

Ok so after watching each video at least 5mins each and then skipping about between the 4 vids I can safely say that this is basically bubbas edition of OSUT.

Lacking severely in discipline, uniform/appearance standards and PT - this isn't actually too far removed from what its like when cherries enter basic training. This is the raw dog nightmare vision DS have upon getting a new slew bus loads of PVT's and what they have to witness and correctively train/drill to fix.

Other than that I see they react to contact. move in formations/wedges (more emphasis on spacing and wedge left/right would be appropriate) but basically the same concept. Wonder if they practice the battle drills. They have formation it seems to stand at attention for the flag but there is really a lack of discipline in keeping dress right dress and 40" all around and proper attention form.

Muzzle awareness is an issue a few times for some but as I said, same level you'll see with brand new PVT's entering. Gotta start somewhere...

Crawl, Walk, Run.
Hey at least I guess they're doing something....productive? even if its a bit cringe.
Documentary is from West Virginia it states in the openings.

You'd be amazed at what motivation can do for someone.

The Army trains those same bubbas/dorks/jocks etc all in one to be an effective unit regardless of many factors. As far as conventional goes.

SF does much the same while over seas in training up local militias to do much the same work only severely lacking in the same training we get officially. And it works!

Take away the firearms for training for the first 6 weeks, and we might have something worth working with! Same as Basic, crawl, walk, run your arse off, and then add in basic weapons training, again, same as basic!
I have a fairly high confidence that doing the 6 weeks of basic with a focus on actual fitness, drilling, etc would result in a very large number of these people quitting/giving up because...
1) they wanna play militia/rambo without putting in the work
2) its an excuse to buy "cool" stuff
3) were they serious about "militia" stuff, they mightve joined the NG or military to get the right kind of training.

I have a fairly high confidence that doing the 6 weeks of basic with a focus on actual fitness, drilling, etc would result in a very large number of these people quitting/giving up because...
I have fairly high confidence they wouldn't make it 6 hours.

Regardless this can in no way be equated or compared to any form of military training for reasons I don't think I need to explain. (and yes, I speak from experience - I am a Vet - twice)

were they serious about "militia" stuff, they mightve joined the NG or military to get the right kind of training.
Oh, many probably 'tried' but possibly not accepted for a variety of reasons - or didn't make it through basic.

Last Edited:
I don't want any of those knotheads behind me with a gun. They need to back up and start at the beginning, work on the basics. Got to learn to walk before you can run. Real high-speed trainer there.
Behind you? I'm not sure if there is a safe direction to stand in that group. I agree, back the truck up...here is your bolt action, single shot, .22. I'm guessing any safe and sane shooters that attended will not be venturing out to the 2021 rendezvous.

1:41 of the first vid (and the following few seconds) was downright scary. I am sure there are others but this part was almost hard to watch.

The scariest part is the "instructor" dolt's reaction is to belittle the guy and tell him to go take the medical class. Hopefully that class has their act together more than the firearms portion, it is at least as important.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews