JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How big the pack is also determines your chances of survival. The larger the pack the less the odds are in your favor. The girl being unarmed(I assume) is lucky to be alive and unhurt IMO. I too would like to see her report and wonder how she feels about wolves now being close to being tasty wolf chow.

A wolf can move much quicker than most old men. Lol
All you have to "move" is the muzzle of the gun. You have been watching too much Hollywood........are you expecting to shoot while running away like a horse chase in a western? Stand your ground and take your shot. Pretty tough to miss at 5 or 10 feet. Even several wolves will be dissuaded after you shoot a couple. We occasionally get wolves here on the ranch, my 3 Akbash have never failed to run them off.

Last Edited:
1A810E44-0DF7-488D-8668-AF5CFC20106C.jpeg
That's my assumption as well, thinking perhaps the KSG is you want to rely on that... I personally would choose a larger caliber semi rifle with detachable magazine. I wouldn't mind a burst or FA rifle either.
I am very impressed with the TAC-14 I purchased several months ago. I believe it to be very effective up close against any threat that a person would need defended from. We tested pistol grip shotguns in my unit decades ago and found them difficult to keep on target but the TAC does very well particularly over the magazine tube light at night. The shot goes wherever the light is shining.

All you have to "move" is the muzzle of the gun. You have been watching too much Hollywood........are you expecting to shoot while running away like a horse chase in a western? Stand your ground and take your shot. Pretty tough to miss at 5 or 10 feet. Even several wolves will be dissuaded after you shoot a couple. We occasionally get wolves here on the ranch, my 3 Akbash have never failed to run them off.

I was referring to if a firearm was not already out . If the wolves come up quick and pounce a pistol might not be able to be drawn fast enough.

I think most city people look at pics and say they are so beautiful.they are .they are also the most dominant predator there now.Ive seen video of them running down a mama black bear and two cubs .These are predators that black bears haven't seen in probably 100 years ,they probably were not even afraid at first.They kill all animals not just the weak like the very stupid greenies try to tell you.There are videos of a full grown bull moose in Alaska being ran to the point of exhaustion then killed by packs in the teens to twenty members...If they are going to be in the wild in the lower 48 they need to be very small numbers.People have all the prime real estate so the prey animals only have so many areas to run and hide.wolves are a big mistake in the lower 48 but it's exactly what greenies want ,if elk numbers drop to endangered level we will have to stop hunting them,deer,sheep, moose , black bear. Cougar,all of them have suffered at wolf packs and if they are allowed to continue to grow it will get a lot worse.what they need to see is the herds moving into the city for protection and have the people see a wolf pack mangling their family dog or killing elk in the Walmart parking lot.Here in Estes park the elk come right into the town and take over at rut you literally have to walk around elk in Safeway parking lot.just think when they get to Colorado what that will look like .we have reports they are here too.
You may like em ,you may admire them but ther is only so much space for the wild now.we think it's huge but when you go hunting the animals are not everywhere,they are concentrated in the better areas where food and water are easy ,you kill one elk a year ,a wolf pack probably kill at least one a day if not more.

The Oregonians point of view of this story would likely be!

Defenseless family of wolves who have been starving was seen near a camp of mostly white middle age men.
A woman who attempted to feed the animals was met with resistance by the wolf family.
No doubt the white supremacist camp near by made the animals nervous, it is reported that armed men were at the camp and possible alcohol was involved. Fortunately no wolves were harmed during this event.

I think most city people look at pics and say they are so beautiful.they are .they are also the most dominant predator there now.Ive seen video of them running down a mama black bear and two cubs .These are predators that black bears haven't seen in probably 100 years ,they probably were not even afraid at first.They kill all animals not just the weak like the very stupid greenies try to tell you.There are videos of a full grown bull moose in Alaska being ran to the point of exhaustion then killed by packs in the teens to twenty members...If they are going to be in the wild in the lower 48 they need to be very small numbers.People have all the prime real estate so the prey animals only have so many areas to run and hide.wolves are a big mistake in the lower 48 but it's exactly what greenies want ,if elk numbers drop to endangered level we will have to stop hunting them,deer,sheep, moose , black bear. Cougar,all of them have suffered at wolf packs and if they are allowed to continue to grow it will get a lot worse.what they need to see is the herds moving into the city for protection and have the people see a wolf pack mangling their family dog or killing elk in the Walmart parking lot.Here in Estes park the elk come right into the town and take over at rut you literally have to walk around elk in Safeway parking lot.just think when they get to Colorado what that will look like .we have reports they are here too.
You may like em ,you may admire them but ther is only so much space for the wild now.we think it's huge but when you go hunting the animals are not everywhere,they are concentrated in the better areas where food and water are easy ,you kill one elk a year ,a wolf pack probably kill at least one a day if not more.

I recently seen on the news the wolf's were returning to the Pacific NW. They Implied their was a only a pair of them and they can possibly slowly repopulate the area.

Having dispersed from Idaho, the native species is once again trying to make a home in Oregon.
Someone please clarify something for me. The quote above is from the article about the shooting situation.
This, as well as some other parts of it reference them as 'gray' wolves in Oregon.
I had always thought (and read) these were not of an indigenous variety and were a 'hybrid' that had been 'reintroduced' into Oregon and collared with tracking devices to study and record their movements.
I have read several articles over the years about certain examples that have been recorded as migrating Long distances including one that actually left NE Oregon and at one time passed through Central Oregon on its way to Western Oregon. Also I recall reading these were of a Canadian strain that we considerably larger than the origional, Indigenous gray variety.
While the article had referenced some accurate, historical points (such as the wolves mostly being gone by the late 40s with the last purportedly being shot in 1949) it never mentioned anything about reintroduction. Anyone with real education or knowledge please advise!

I'd say let 'em have the hipster granolatards, but we don't want 'em developing a taste for people or deciding we're easy meals. Wolves and man can coexist only as long as the former are kept in their place by a healthy fear of the latter...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top