JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow! What fun! So glad all of you came out! 40, including Bryan and I. I'm still working on photos so it might be till tomorrow before I can post more.

I just got all the photos/video transfered to my PC. I'm wiped out and need to get some sleep before I try to get creative. I'll have my video up tomorrow night at the latest.

@Joe Link

I can verify almost all of the NWFA people that showed up. Can we get 2017 Volunteer tags? Seems to be about the only thing I can afford to collect these days:D.
We had a great show of NWFA members. That was awesome! I'm glad you kept track of user names. I can remember some but not all. I know we had some employee's from Sporting Systems, Safeway, Sportsman's Warehouse, WaGuns and members/followers of Trash No Land. Many of which are members of both NWFA and TNL.

I really appreciate the members of this forum and their dedicated concern for improving recreational shooting. The more of us who get involved, and stay involve, can really make a difference. It's not a simple solution. It will take some time and a lot of effort. I have faith that with folks like you, we will make a difference.

So yes, I'd love to see more Green and credits to NWFA members!

I enjoyed raking shotgun hull into piles for other more capable people to load into buckets.... that said, I believe that I overdid it again..... but it is so gratifying to see y'all again and see our handiwork afterwards.
Thanks for all who participated and for Bill who put this and many other projects together.;)

Finally got the truck unloaded and saw the Mountains were Blue! Shortly after that, I couldn't get the photos processed! :confused: :)

Now that my head is on, though it may be crooked, I was able to get the pics done. I think something is not working for posting pics. After uploading, I'm not getting the "Insert Photo" button. So I'll try it again.

It they don't show up, I do have them posted on the Trash No Land Facebook page: Trash No Land Haven't had a chance to put them on the TNL website yet. Will do after I deliver the Side by Side and the trailer.

Wow. That was a lot of copy & paste!

8-12-17_27.jpg 8-12-17_3.jpg 8-12-17_6.jpg 8-12-17_8.jpg 8-12-17_9.jpg 8-12-17_11.jpg 8-12-17_12.jpg 8-12-17_13.jpg 8-12-17_14.jpg 8-12-17_15.jpg 8-12-17_16.jpg 8-12-17_17.jpg 8-12-17_18.jpg 8-12-17_19.jpg 8-12-17_20.jpg 8-12-17_21.jpg 8-12-17_22.jpg 8-12-17_23.jpg 8-12-17_24.jpg 8-12-17_25.jpg 8-12-17_26.jpg 8-12-17_27_2.jpg

I managed to upload a video from the suppressor demonstration yesterday - it's the Ruger 22/45 demo, and it's pretty impressive how much the suppressor plus subsonic ammo quiets things down:

You better go buy one etrain! After that you know you want to:D

I'm drooling over that .22 can! I've got a Ruger Mark III Target that is just begging for one!

I am having a terrible time wanting to pay $200 to the damn feds for the privilege of owning one :mad: BGC's are bad enough, but those tax stamps and 6 month+ wait times are killer!

If I do go forward with a can, I'll likely consider going through Sporting Systems to thank them for coming out yesterday.

That brings to mind a question I haven't considered - I know I have to transfer pistols in Oregon, do suppressors or other NFA items have to transfer in your home state?? I have never looked in to that before.

I'm drooling over that .22 can! I've got a Ruger Mark III Target that is just begging for one!

I am having a terrible time wanting to pay $200 to the damn feds for the privilege of owning one :mad: BGC's are bad enough, but those tax stamps and 6 month+ wait times are killer!

If I do go forward with a can, I'll likely consider going through Sporting Systems to thank them for coming out yesterday.

That brings to mind a question I haven't considered - I know I have to transfer pistols in Oregon, do suppressors or other NFA items have to transfer in your home state?? I have never looked in to that before.

Good question. Im scared to know to much about them because I might buy one. I would really like one for my Tikka. :rolleyes:

@IronMonster's targets held up well. The crossbar pipe took one hit, as well as several pipe hangers. After setting the plates, I walked to the west end of the pit to get a laser reading on the distance [74 yds]. The shooting line was about half that distance. Ran my hand over the plates after getting home and there is a half dozen where I can feel a very very slight pitting. Otherwise all the other rifle and pistol hits are just lead dust type splatter.

?temp_hash=17aa0d1607bdfaec75fb6a9ebdfddffe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@IronMonster's targets held up well. The crossbar pipe took one hit, as well as several pipe hangers. After setting the plates, I walked to the west end of the pit to get a laser reading on the distance [74 yds]. The shooting line was about half that distance. Ran my hand over the plates after getting home and there is a half dozen where I can feel a very very slight pitting. Otherwise all the other rifle and pistol hits are just lead dust type splatter.

Would post a picture but that function doesn't appear to be functioning right now.

5.56 penetrator (SS109 or M855) will make a pit at anything under 200 yards and really it should not be shot at steel at all. At under 50 yards its a bit close for big rifle rounds but still should be fine.

Consider myself educated. Thanks for clarifying the topic.

After I got my first 22 can, I spent HOURS on the ATF's website looking at that. I don't have the link anymore as they seemed to have "updated" the page. But there was a page there on the ATF's website, and I believe it is even on the form now too, that you don't have to use it for them.

A handful of the pictures I took. Mostly just the goodies Sporting Systems brought. I need me a case of Glocks. I may need one of those 3 pin lowers, if only, right?

IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0038.JPG

Not sure why pictures don't auto link?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews