JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
cover8-12-17-2.jpg
We will be cleaning up outdoor target shooting sites. WA DNR will provide bags, garbage disposal, insurance, a free 1 day Discover Pass parking permits and hours will be applied toward a free annual Discover Pass.

Hunters, Target Shooters, Families & General Public! All are invited and all are welcome to attend!

Enjoy a BBQ LUNCH on Trash No Land! Win free prizes!

Using Suppressors in Public Land Shooting

We support the use of suppressors in public land shooting, as it helps reduce noise and enhances the recreational experience for all who visit our great outdoors.

We will have a special presentation of several suppressor options at this event, presented by Sporting Systems of Vancouver. You won't want to miss this!

WIN THIS!!!
sportingsystemsraffle.jpg
Each volunteer receives a FREE raffle ticket and has a chance to win this Buck Mark 22 with 1000 rounds of ammo! No ticket purchase necessary. Winner must be of legal age to own & possess a handgun firearm. FFL transfer is included.

This awesome FREE PRIZE is graciously provided by Sporting Systems, Vancouver, WA, who encourage you to come help promote stewardship, sportsmanship and responsibility in public land shooting!
(Donations requested but not required!).

After Lunch enjoy some great target shooting fun! See, hear, (if you can), and SHOOT suppressors in action!​

Google Map: Google Maps GPS: 45.718232, -122.317349

From Hockinson area on NE 182nd Ave, Turn East on NE 139th St. Becomes NE Rawson Rd and then becomes the L1400 Rd. Stay till the intersection of the L1000 Rd in Yacolt Burn State Forest. Slight jog right and then immediate left on the L1500 Rd. Go up about 1 mile to the Arrowhead Pit. Only 1 mile of easy gravel road.

From Orchards, I205 & SR500... Google Maps
Through Hockinson... Google Maps
From Camas area... Google Maps
Bring ear and eye protection and appropriate legal targets.

Bring Gloves, Boots, Jeans, Rake, Shovel, Legal Targets and something with a trigger!

Supporting Partners: Sporting Systems, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's, & Butcher Boys Meats!

supportingvendors.jpg
Trash No Land is a Nonprofit Charitable Volunteer organization
promoting responsible shooting on all public land.

Website Event: 8-12-17 Yacolt Burn State Forest

Facebook Event: Trash No Land

Last Edited:
About the Suppressor shoot... This from Sporting Systems... "Come help clean up the pit, be a responsible steward for the shooting sports and have a good time. After the clean up, we'll host a suppressor shoot with 22s, 17HMR, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45-70, 300 BLK, 5.56 and a few other toys."

How 'bout a full auto AR? Ya never know!

So come out and join us! You'll have an opportunity to shoot some of these!

Cool. My knees are in better shape than last year [after replacement surgery]. Was shooting at the pit just above Jackson quarry today with my son and middle grandson. Brought back several buckets of junk. Even though the mining at Jackson quarry finished up on June 30, DNR still has it signed for no recreational shooting.

Cool. My knees are in better shape than last year [after replacement surgery]. Was shooting at the pit just above Jackson quarry today with my son and middle grandson. Brought back several buckets of junk. Even though the mining at Jackson quarry finished up on June 30, DNR still has it signed for no recreational shooting.
Yeah I saw that last weekend. I walked up into that pit to see it's condition and it was pretty clean. I like that pit and have been pushing for moving the blockage further up so it's easier to access. They're no too excited about that idea.

It's still clean, but at least one party has been there shooting, and left mostly shotshell debris. I picked up four clays they used for targets [and missed]. Whoever it was moved the rotten log to one side but couldn't move the boulder which is part way up the access road.

My rangefinder said it was 130 yards to the back wall, from the front of the pit where it flattens out at the top of the access road. Standing at the gravel slope on the right [north], it was 90 yards to the south bank of the pit.

If DNR just kept the line of boulders at the top of the access road, eliminating the log and boulder half-way up, there would be room for 5-6 vehicles.

Bill,

Thanks for letting us know about this and all the time you put into these events.:cool:

I'm happy to say that I will be there barring some emergency and look forward to see a bunch of faces I have not seen in awhile as well as always meeting new people and friends.

I'm looking forward to catching up with you and being in much better condition then I have been in the past;).

For anyone that has not attended one of these cleanups, I will say this - the cleanup goes very fast with more people and then the shoot afterwards is always a hoot / safety is always handled well and it sounds like we will get some extra events in and a raffle on top of it that goes to a great cause.

I highly recommend everyone in Vancouver come up and anyone 30-45 min from Vancouver, it's really not that far and you get to meet people you have talked to online and put faces to names.

You do not have to be in top condition nor have a 4x4 to get to this location so transportation should not be an excuse:p

If all goes according to plan I will be joining you guys as well. I really don't have an excuse since its like 10 min from my house :oops:

@Caveman Jim you going to join us for this one?

Hey, so far I don't have any fishing derbies on that weekend so I just might be free.... you never know though. I will put it on the calendar and do my best to make this one.;)

Once again, Cabela's would like to encourage you to join us at this cleanup. Here are a couple prizes they are offering. All who sign in at the event get a free raffle ticket for a chance to win this. 8 total Volunteer Appreciation prizes.

Here is one of the prizes. There will be two sets of these (Gear bags and ground pounders).
Prize Cabela's.jpg

Ill cram a bunch of shootable steel targets in the car too. Everyone enjoys the ring of steel.

The really good shooters go for the smaller chain holding them up! @Mikej

WE JUST CHANGED IT UP A NOTCH!!! NOW THE BUCK MARK 22 IS FREE!!!

NO RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN THIS!
sportingsystemsraffle.jpg
Each volunteer receives a FREE raffle ticket and has a chance to win this Buck Mark 22 with 1000 rounds of ammo! No ticket purchase necessary. Winner must be of legal age to own & possess a handgun firearm. FFL transfer, at Sporting Systems, is included.

This awesome FREE PRIZE is graciously provided by Sporting Systems, Vancouver, WA, who encourage you to come help promote stewardship, sportsmanship and responsibility in public land shooting!
(Donations requested but not required!).
Come join us as we pay it back for the privilege of free public land shooting (and win some great stuff too)!

You're welcome,

Bill

There may be a new recruit showing up with a full size pickup.
And he's a good hand, as well.
I have a feeling there will be lots of new recruits at this one! Too bad I won't be there because I'll be on that boat with you chasing the illusive big one! (Yeah, in my dreams!)

Thanks DD!

Normally top off the garbage can each week with any trash I bring back from the woods. But with the next cleanup coming soon, I told the grandsons our trash pickup last Saturday would be saved for DNR. My rule is: I provide the ammo; they take a 5 gallon bucket to pick up trash every time we inspect/replace a target.

Pic is what we brought back July 15th. Metal, paper and plastic in the garbage can; shotgun shells and 7.62x39 steel case in the orange and green 5 gal buckets; brass and a few dud rounds in the yellow bucket.

Jul 15, 2017 pickup.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top