JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bill knows I'm a just a pokin fun at em since the first two cleanups there it rained A LOT & I feel that when I attend these functions it rains... ..:D

It didn't rain... it poured!

Wasn't even worth trying to stay dry lol.

I was so soaked that after the clean up I packed it in before the BBQ or shooting even started.

It didn't rain... it poured!

Wasn't even worth trying to stay dry lol.

I was so soaked that after the clean up I packed it in before the BBQ or shooting even started.

Same here Joe, I left soon after the chow was consumed.... I haven't been that wet ever... oh wait a minute i did get that wet on a winter steelhead fishing trip when i forgot my raingear (8 hour drift boat trip)....:eek:

We shall storm the field.jpg

It was great to meet some folks I haven't seen in awhile and meet a couple new faces!

Some people drove quite a distance to participate and we had a nice over cast morning with a beautiful afternoon for lunch, and I assume a great suppressor exhabition and free for all shoot after.

A guy with two fine young men (little kids) won the Buckmark and I couldn't be happier for them - was better then loosing out to a lot of others that all wanted the same thing;). And Dan even provided 1k of Ammo for them to shoot in it, plus one of the kids also won a bouncing target and Cabelas bag. They made out great!

Leaves me having to save for a Ruger mark 4 but that's for another day:D.

BIG Thanks to Bill, Brian, Dan & his wife Heidi? As well as Steve from DNR.

Thought for sure there would be way more then 38 people but I got myself a hat and had to bail after lunch and the raffle for honey do's, even still I had a great time.

My first cleanup event. It was nice to see a great turnout, decent weather and good results. Food was good, fellowship was good and the suppressor shoot (at least up to the point I had to leave) was good. Also nice to put some more faces to names of folks on the forum - good to meet you all!

Thanks to @Cogs and @Reno911 as well as Dan and the rest of the folks from @SportingSys for bringing up a bunch of cool toys as well as donating the pistol for the giveaway that @WrenchNguns won. Definitely a big plug for Sporting Systems in Vancouver - a great bunch of folks. Unfortunately, schedules being what they are, it got late and I had to leave for another commitment before they got to letting the attendees shoot the suppressed guns - major bummer :(. Hopefully there will be a chance to do that again another time.

I'm looking forward to doing another one of these and would certainly recommend folks that haven't tried a cleanup event give it a shot!

Wow! What fun! So glad all of you came out! 40, including Bryan and I. I'm still working on photos so it might be till tomorrow before I can post more.

Congrats, @WrenchNguns , on that Buck Mark! And thank you for your support of our organization! In fact, thank you all for contributing and helping us further the message of stewardship and responsible shooting on public land.

So much fun, wish we could do it again tomorrow! (NO WAIT, that was too much work! Best give it a break for a while!;) )

Actually, that may be our last cleanup event for this year (fishing, then hunting, then winter). Most likely, we may do a special one or two things yet this year, however, I think they may not be cleanups. So keep an eye on the Trash No Land Calendar for up coming events.

Here's a couple pic so far... (more later)...

8-12-17_1.jpg

8-12-17_2.jpg

So I'm still learning. But technology makes things a lot easier. First time messing with the GoPro to do a time lapse. I got most of the morning and up to the food where I believe the battery died.

Besides that.

Thank you to all here that made it. This was our biggest event yet, notice we tend to say that every time, i.e. we are getting bigger!!! Our volunteers are our livelihood and without you, we couldn't do what we do!

Hands down @Cogs and @Lone Wolf took the bulk of the burden. I owe to these two for delivering time and time again with a majority of the gear and set up! Thanks you two for everything.

Huge shoot out, pun intended, to @SportingSys for all that they did for us. We can not thank you enough. It is a "I have no words" type thing for their commitment to our cause. Thank you again.

That's it for the evening, I'm pretty much a lobster and I'm heading to bed!

Pretty cool Go Pro vid, Reno! I like it! Especially liked @Dungannon 's dance he did for you! Looked like a great traditional Irish dance step! (Time laps is great, isn't it?!)

Thanks for the shout out too!

Thought this was pretty cool! @Lone Wolf with his new (first time shoot) 50 rnd drum on his NWFA build AR. The drum was a gift from X Products, Vancouver, WA. They really appreciate his efforts in helping promote responsible shooting. Thank you X Products! Nice drum, Ian, and good finger action!

Dropbox - MVI_3243.MOV

Thought this was pretty cool! @Lone Wolf with his new (first time shoot) 50 rnd drum on his NWFA build AR. The drum was a gift from X Products, Vancouver, WA. They really appreciate his efforts in helping promote responsible shooting. Thank you X Products! Nice drum, Ian, and good finger action!

Dropbox - MVI_3243.MOV

Hey @Lone Wolf, where's that brass catcher? It would make picking up them 50 pieces of brass much easier.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top