JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at alternative ways for people to acquire firearms if background checks are halted or severely delayed. 80% projects seem to have gone out of favor since the feds begin requiring jigs to be sold separately from "blanks". I am thinking that if firearm buyers are prevented from buying conventional firearms through FFLs maybe there will be a resurgence in people taking advantage of 80% projects.

1668099503396.png

There is also black powder, and black powder guns can be shipped straight to your door.
Personally I'd rather buy a cap and ball revolver than another 80% kit.

The one place is now selling the jigs and frames again. Of course sadly WA is on the "NO" list. You can bet OR will soon be on it too. Voters again showed those in charge they want more anti gun laws so you can count on them giving them what they want. :(

I don't know that 80% projects have really "gone out of favor". Possibly that the market share isn't exhibiting as high of demand at the moment after all the panic buying(?) When the new rule was to be announced, like most things, there was flurry to stock up and there is really only "so much" market demand to drive purchasing.

There are certainly fewer retailers offering them for sale now as well. Discontinued inventory in light of the new rule and I'm sure there is still some insecurity about the future of them so many have not opted to start back up with them again... even though they "can".

All things considered the lull is not suprising. If there were others like me, I picked up a few without really having any particular project in mind... just to have the option at some point... but those are going to hold me over for the foreseeable future.

Although, to be honest, I did just pick up a couple more, but that was more because the pricing was really good and I wanted to show support for the mfg that is now currently fighting the legal battle for us all.. more than actually really needed any more pending projects.

As for jigs, we're already seeing voids in the market starting to be filled. I'm sure that might proliferate even more, but there are already red cookie cutter jig alternatives starting to pop up for considerably less moola. Of course, now that some companies can now sell the 80%'s and jig together again, it might slow down the demand for alternatives. We'll see.

I agree though that in light of 114, there is likely to be a resurgance of interest. How else do we have to scratch our new gun itches?? ;)

3 dimensional purrrr box and a desktop see an see anyone? For those who are serious about sticking it ta the mahn
Personally, I don't see it. 3D printing just hasn't developed to the point yet that they can match durability/reliability factors, the costs are still too high for the larger majority and the learning curve is too great.

The tech will continue to progress and mature, I'm sure, but it's not really a mainstream option just yet. IMHO

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top