JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
7285A020-209D-40F5-82B2-2C746433F501.jpeg
outside Ridgway Colorado.

Javelina season opener was Friday. Out every day at daylight for three days. Come home late. Ride UTV and hike, somewhat. Lots of tracks. Sunday morning in my backyard a herd trafficked through. Wife got one picture. Can't shoot in my subdivision even with 10 acres. Well maybe with suppression. Not. Resized_20220220_114506(1).jpeg

Javelina season opener was Friday. Out every day at daylight for three days. Come home late. Ride UTV and hike, somewhat. Lots of tracks. Sunday morning in my backyard a herd trafficked through. Wife got one picture. Can't shoot in my subdivision even with 10 acres. Well maybe with suppression. Not.View attachment 1136742
Are you allowed to bait them? And are they being as destructive as the wild hogs in the south/southeast?

When I see something like that I picture it on a spit, turning slowly over mesquite coals/fire. Or being laid, wrapped in dampened burlap, into a pit filled with rocks where a fire had burned for several hours and covered with dirt for six hours.

Are you allowed to bait them? And are they being as destructive as the wild hogs in the south/southeast?

When I see something like that I picture it on a spit, turning slowly over mesquite coals/fire. Or being laid, wrapped in dampened burlap, into a pit filled with rocks where a fire had burned for several hours and covered with dirt for six hours.
Not a feral animal, so controlled species. Baiting not allowed. At times they respond to game calls. Some are taken a really close range with bow, handgun. Others dies during rifle season. Draw tag. Can be destructive to cultivated landscaping. Can be aggressive towards dogs. Several occurrences of people getting injured while defending their pet. Some call them skunk pig from gland on backend. Properly skinned and cooked have an appearance like dark pork. Like any wild game they can be good eating and easily messed up.

Not a feral animal, so controlled species. Baiting not allowed. At times they respond to game calls. Some are taken a really close range with bow, handgun. Others dies during rifle season. Draw tag. Can be destructive to cultivated landscaping. Can be aggressive towards dogs. Several occurrences of people getting injured while defending their pet. Some call them skunk pig from gland on backend. Properly skinned and cooked have an appearance like dark pork. Like any wild game they can be good eating and easily messed up.
I'll guess that the desert isn't fertile enough to allow them to flourish to the point of extreme nuisance.

Thought I would post a few really neat animals I have seen or interacted with over the last couple of months. At least in my mind.

Albino blacktail with another blacktail. Only the second one I have ever seen.
20220306_075523.jpg 20220306_075512.jpg
A Barred owl that hit a window at work during graveyard shift. Nursed it back to health after it knocked itself out hitting the window. Held it for about 10 minutes keeping it warm. It would let me pet it. Very light and soft. Flew off after about an hour.
20220126_005438.jpg 20220126_010213.jpg
A herd of Rosevelts on the way up to clean a quarry.
20220218_074126.jpg
The scarry house tiger not letting me have my Sportsman bag.
20220201_145602.jpg

A Barred owl that hit a window at work during graveyard shift. Nursed it back to health after it knocked itself out hitting the window. Held it for about 10 minutes keeping it warm. It would let me pet it. Very light and soft. Flew off after about an hour.
View attachment 1147315View attachment 1147314
That owl still looks a little woozy... Good on ya for taking care of it!

Sapsucker attacked by crows in Portland (not my photo). I wish people realized how destructive the overpopulated crows are to our native bird population and stopped feeding them. I've lost 3 nests to crows. Kiddo was so excited to see them fledge but each time crows swooped and took all babies right before they were ready to fly. I think we need a bounty system on crows like they have for squawfish.
08BE3A56-F064-4402-AFEC-CE9440D05E4C.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads