JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know a great deal about the Oregon Wildlife Foundation (OWF), but their work appears to focus on habitat restoration for both fish and game. The project to remove impediments to mule deer migration speaks for itself. Not anti-hunting, from my read of their activities and their own self-description (below).

"The Foundation was established by members of the Fish & Wildlife Commission and business leaders in 1981 to receive donations for and provide funding to fish, wildlife, and public access projects in Oregon. We've led numerous public fundraising campaigns over the last 38 years including the purchase of the lower Deschutes River and the restoration of Diamond Lake. Throughout we've been and will always be a careful steward of the funds we are entrusted with.

Our financial statements are audited annually and posted to our website. Go to www.myowf.org/financials to review."

If history is any way to tell how this will go. The state will sell these plates and the money will never end up doing a thing for the intended purpose. Like the Salmon plates.

I wish Oregon could do something more productive with tax money than design a bunch of specialty license plates which will ding you an extra $40 when you renew. I like the looks of some of them, but lets just go to one standard plate design for everything and spend the savings on something useful. That'll never happen.

Another shameless plug to raise awareness about this pending Oregon license plate design. I'm not affiliated, but I want the plate and like where the money goes - improving safety of big game migration corridors for both the game and vehicles.

Here's a video about the deer migration as a sweetener.

If history is any way to tell how this will go. The state will sell these plates and the money will never end up doing a thing for the intended purpose. Like the Salmon plates.
I was going to mention this, don't pay the state more than what's required by law. They'll find a way to misappropriate it.

I was going to mention this, don't pay the state more than what's required by law. They'll find a way to misappropriate it.

yeah, like stalling traffic further in potland, because they all know you can't reach the pedestrians and teach them to LOOK BOTH WAYS before crossing the street!

Nice looking plates and if we weren't such Smokey Bear supporters (Dad was a lifelong forester) I'd go for one. We have Smokey plates on y car and the wife's truck. On my truck there are Oregon Trail plates, vanity style. They match the colors of my truck and who else has plates that say I Wheel the Oregon Trail? :D

I'm curious, $40. x 3000 = $120,000, what I'm curious about is how many man hours went into designing, authorizing, advertising, etc. to bring these plates to market?

What would be the prevailing wage with benefits for these government employees / contractors and the related office overhead, etc..

When all is said and done how much of that $40. could ultimately go towards additional deer crossing signs that the stupid deer will ignore anyway?
🚙=====🦌====

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads